Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Can RealFlight G2 be made to run under Windows 7 ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Can RealFlight G2 be made to run under Windows 7 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can RealFlight G2 be made to run under Windows 7 ?

I admit I am "sort of cheap". I have RealFlight G2 and recently received a gift of an I7 machine running Windows 7 (I have a WONDERFUL wife, and no, I do not plan on getting rid of her ).

I tried loading G2 on the machine. The sound works, but no video (NVidea GT9500 w/1 gig ram).

The other issue is the controller. On my old machine I had it hooked up to a Radio Shack serial to USB adapter and set up as a joystick controller (the old machine had USB 2) . This machine has no serial ports and the adapter (for what ever reason) is not working in the USB ports.

I don't use the sim very much - usually just in the spring for a couple of days to get the "cobwebs" off, so I really don't want to buy a new setup.

Any suggestions on how to get G2 running on my new machine ?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 PM
billd76
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can RealFlight G2 be made to run under Windows 7 ?

Yeah, I"m wondering the same thing
Old 03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

I've got a G2 also and would want to know. My suggestion would be to contact the Real Flight folks and just ask.

Also you probably should install the G2 using the "AS ADMINISTRATOR" fuction. You invoke this by doing a right click on the most likely .exe file from your source disk as viewed through windows explorer in the CD/DVD drive.

I just discovered a G2 discussion board with some interchange about Windows 7, but nothing conclusive.......... http://www.gpsoftware.com/discussionboard.htm

Technical Support Contact:

Support Website: Great Planes Product/Technical Support Site
Telephone Contact: 217-398-8970 (Option 1) (Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST.)
Email Support: [email protected]
Mail:
Software Support
3002 North Apollo Drive
Suite #1
Champaign, IL 61822
Old 03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
dbcisco
Banned

Check out this link: [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1203462#post14517433]G2 in Win7[/link]
Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
ShaneLittle

Is it 64bit? I hear there are a lot of driver issues out there with the 64bit platform, I'm willing to bet that's it, no drivers. Although I could be way off.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
ShaneLittle

Is it 64bit? I hear there are a lot of driver issues out there with the 64bit platform, I'm willing to bet that's it, no drivers. Although I could be way off.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 AM
dbcisco
Banned

64 bit Operating Systems are waste unless you have a true 64bit program to run on it.
If you have a 64bit OS dump it for a 32bit version. Very little support for 64bit and nothing but problems. BTDT
Old 03-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

It is the 64 bit version. So far I have had very few problems with software or drivers. The biggest problem I had was the driver for my ethernet port - it was erratic. I tried the drivers from the mobo AND gigabyte with no improvement, then Microsoft came out with a driver that actually works. MOST software you can run in compatibility mode.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
dbcisco
Banned

The problem with a 64bit OS is that when running in 32 bit compatibilty mode they are like using a stock-car for everyday driving. Yes, you can do it but it is very inefficient and more money and trouble than it is worth (unless you got it for free). Very few people need more than 32 bit XP but then again, nobody "needs" a Ferrari either but that doesn't seem to hurt Ferrari sales.