RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/2319017-aero-fly-deluxe-new-version.html)

skid2964 12-08-2004 09:38 AM

RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

I ordered the square Futaba adapter with my AFPD, but is there a Futaba adapter for the round plug also? I'd like to use my older 6 channel tx also ....

STLPilot 12-08-2004 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: skid2964
I ordered the square Futaba adapter with my AFPD, but is there a Futaba adapter for the round plug also? I'd like to use my older 6 channel tx also ....
Sure can.

Sorry can't give out numbers. Let's just say a whole bunch.

skid2964 12-08-2004 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Sure can.
What part number shall I order? is the part on the website somewhere?

MikeEast 12-08-2004 10:38 AM

I will find out tomorrow when the cutoff was for the 10th shipment. But again ... these orders will be coming to us every few days from Germany. The longest wait that you will get your simmed shipped is the 17th.

This would not be a big deal if someone would have SIMPLY answered my request the 1st time, right after I placed my order on the 28th. Yes or No. Will it ship on the 10th or NOT?

I have asked for a very simple, traditional formal business confirmation in several formats since the 28th. Its a business transaction, I have done my part, I expect OMP to do theirs. This isnt about wanting the program its about getting an answer, you have my money I just want an answer.

Tell me when my merchandise will ship pending an ontime delivery of the 1st shipment expected to arrive and then be shipped on the 10th.

If you are getting say for example 300 copies in and I was one of the 1st 300 it should be an EASY question to answer. If not, that should be easy to. As long as its being shipped on a 1st to order 1st to receive basis its a no brainer.

One last time. If the shipment expected to go out on the 10th arrives on time will my copy be shipped or NOT? Its a simple yes or no answer.

Mike

STLPilot 12-08-2004 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: BigNed

One last time. If the shipment expected to go out on the 10th arrives on time will my copy be shipped or NOT? Its a simple yes or no answer.

Mike
You think it's an easy question but it's not. I don't have the exact number of whats coming to me on the 10th. What I can tell you is that my large shipment comes on the 17th.

So the longest you will have to wait is a week if you did not make the cutoff.

I will try my best to find the exact answer to your exact question as soon as I can. But please don't make it look like I've been giving you the runaround because I have not.

3-D Flyer 12-08-2004 11:08 AM

Got my new Laptop a couple of days ago... Did not even contaminate my hard drive with my old G-2, it is patiently or shall i say eagerly awaiting my copy of AFP-deluxe! Deon if i remember correctly i was #40 on the pre-order list, i am quite sure mine will go out friday right? If that's the case then forget about me coming over, all of you who have to wait an aditional week can come on over to my place!!:D

2 more days!!!!!!! Whooo Hooooo!

MikeEast 12-08-2004 11:54 AM

OK, I will be waiting shouldnt be hard to know since 3D flyer knows he is #40 on the list. It was also easy for you to tell me back on the 28th that if I order right now yours will ship on the 10th. Thats what you told me then. I just want mine shipped to me in the order my order was recieved, thats it. I dont buy that OMP doesnt know. You may be short shipped on the order but Germay knows exactly how many they put in the box and they can tell you.

If Im #300 I want the 300th copy to come through your doorstep.

I would not be so frutrated had my orginal question via email and telephone message been answered.

Mike East

3-D Flyer 12-08-2004 12:23 PM

Hey Mike, I only know that i am #40 because i ordered mine via phone with Deon in the begining part of November. At that time there was hardly any talk about AFP-Deluxe and i was looking into AFP. I figured if a new version was coming out i would just wait for that so i pre-ordered and asked Deon what # i was on the pre-order list because i was trying to judge if it was going to be a popular item or not... by the looks of things i made the right decision! I do not think Deon is allowed to post certain info on RCU. Just my 2c.

STLPilot 12-08-2004 12:34 PM

Via email and telephone message been answered.
Our website clearly states that if you have a question for OMP please use the forums first. We are a web based company, we are not in hobby shops, so if you found OMP/AFP ... you found us online, thus you have access to these forums. I check these forums 10-20 times a day or more now.

When I find out the date and time of the cutoff, I will post it on this website. Right now I don't have the answer to the question you have asked, if I did, I would answer it.

STLPilot 12-08-2004 12:40 PM

The cord comes with AFP and AFP Deluxe. The radios are listed on the requirements and purchase pages. If you have certain newer JR's or newer Futaba's then you need the new cords. Otherwise they will work for all other radios listed.

I also have to add Multiplex ... will work for that too.

MikeEast 12-08-2004 01:06 PM

For the record my original discussion was with you here and I asked you after the order HERE, at the email address on the website AND via telephone message.

Look, bottom line.

Are you going to ship every single copy of this in the order it was received, if so then I am ok, but I dont not want to be skipped for a more popular or important customer since apparently everyone in the free world wants a copy. Nor do I want to receive mine before a person who ordered before me.

I'll make this easy and save you the research. Plain and simple... If for example I was the 50, 80, 100 or 300th person to place a legitimate order just like 3D Flyer,,, WILL I GET THE 50, 80, 100 or 300th copy to cross your doorstep? YES OR NO! I only want fair shipment, thats it.

You should be able to answer that quetion easily enough.

Mike East

STLPilot 12-08-2004 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL:
If for example I was the 50, 80, 100 or 300th person to place a legitimate order just like 3D Flyer,,, WILL I GET THE 50, 80, 100 or 300th copy to cross your doorstep? YES OR NO!
Yes

MikeEast 12-08-2004 02:47 PM

[8D] Thank you :)

Mykol 12-08-2004 02:49 PM

I'll make this easy and save you the research. Plain and simple... If for example I was the 50, 80, 100 or 300th person to place a legitimate order just like 3D Flyer,,, WILL I GET THE 50, 80, 100 or 300th copy to cross your doorstep? YES OR NO! I only want fair shipment, thats it.

You should be able to answer that quetion easily enough.

Mike East

Why not give OMP the benefit of the doubt? Is it really that critical? We are all waiting anxiously for this product, that's why we check these forums multiple times a day. I also hope that the shipments will be processed in the fair order of payment, but I will trust them to do their job for their customers.

Thanks Dion for the updates BTW. Forum communication is a great tool for customers.

Cheers;

Mike

3-D Flyer 12-08-2004 02:57 PM

:Di agree! I have not felt this way about a release since i was a kid and the newest video game was coming out for christmas! It's these forums that do that, not to mention Deon's awesome pix and Videos! Awesome job Deon, you have made the anticipation for this release pretty fun!

jinwoo 12-08-2004 03:29 PM

Does anyone know whether I can use G2 USB interface controller for AFPD?
I would probably use my TX for most of time but just in case when my TX battery runs out, I would like to have a back up.

Thanks

MikeEast 12-08-2004 04:38 PM

Mykol,
The only reason I had to ask the questions I did here is because I couldnt get an answer any other way..

You have to understand that just before I placed my order I was told that based on current orders I would make the 10th. SO I placed the order and then just asked for some sortof confirmation and got N-O-T-H-I-N-G. This is the 1st direct response from OMP I have gotten since the 28th.

YES, it is that critical. Im pretty funny about people gladly taking my money and then not wanting to talk anymore. Its business, not personal.

OMP chose this public forum for discussion. I would have much rather had a 10 second answer over the phone.

He has totally satified my concern now, it didnt have to come down to a public discussion. And personally I dont care if you agree or not, its not your $$$ I spent.

Mykol 12-08-2004 04:47 PM

It appears that you can use your G2 controller for AFPD according to STLPilot. I'm hoping for this too for the exact same reasons. I'm not sure how this works however...does one plug in both USB cables?

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

We've been getting a lot of calls from unhappy customers of other products who now want AFP or AFP Deluxe.

Again, we didn't expect this kind of sell through.

The most asked question is will the G2 controller work for AFP and AFP Deluxe. YES IT WILL!

If you have been trying to call, I'm sorry, the phones won't stop. Please order online, don't worry it's secure! If you have a question just post it here. I check these forums from 6am till 11pm CST.

STG 12-08-2004 05:07 PM

From what I understand you can have 2 controllers with AFP. You need the AFP controller cord plugged in to run the program, but then you can choose to use the G2 controller that is plugged into your computer separately(game or USB port).

Mykol 12-08-2004 06:05 PM

That sounds good. Is that how mult-player is accomplished?

Are all the models that were in the original Aerofly Pro updated with respect to their graphics and flight physics?

Jigley3 12-08-2004 06:12 PM

Hi…. I get the impression that the bulk of the poster’s think the new AFP Deluxe is very good at the physics of 3D. Well 3D is not my particular cup of tea. So my question is how is it at “Plain old boring, scale flying”? Say something fairly hot like a 1/4 scale J3 Cub :) or other General aviation aircraft. You know Cessna, Piper Arrow, T Craft and such…. Thanks for your thoughts….bert

RC330LXFlya 12-08-2004 08:30 PM

Hello, the requirements say that a ATI Radeon X series cards will work (X700, X800). Well I have an X300, but all the for all the rest it meets or exeeds the recommended requirements. Will my computer work[sm=confused.gif]?

Thanks!

patternflyer1 12-09-2004 01:20 AM

STLPILOT... Can you please tell me as I almost ordered it just now. Does the interface that comes with it work with the airtronics stylus? It is not the same as a regular airtronics trainer. It is a 4 pin. Geez, i sure hope so. I would hate if I had to order anything to do with the "other" simulator. Also. How about mode 3? ailerons throttle on left, rudder elevator on right??? And, will I still be able, if you have the knowledge, to be able to get by christmas? Thanks for your time as I know how busy you are and how much time you put into this!!!!!! Chris

Spacey 12-09-2004 04:12 AM

Shucks I know your mode 3 question answer but the other I'm afraid not. You can customize AFP's controls to work on any mode so do not fear there. I have never seen the the airtronics 4 pin connector before. I know that the old interface works with my Sanwa RD6000 (Sanwa and airtronics are the same right?) but yea I've never seen another connector from them. One thing though is that the interface works very simple actually. It has only a + and a - coming to the trainer cord. And well if you can get a hold of a normal buddy cable for your tx you should be able to make the converter yourself very easily. If you can simply see from the buddy cable which pins are used on the connector for signal and ground you can simply hook up a female headphone plug on the one side to the right polarities to make it work. I have played with this stuff and have yet to damage a tx. Please wait for someone else to confirm my theory I have stated above as I do not want to be responsible for you damaging your tx :D :D

But I am 95% sure of what I just said. Go search around for the FMS interface making instructions and you will see what I mean. Other option of course is to just wait around a little while for Dion to show maybe he has a interface converter already for you.

GoMike 12-09-2004 11:10 AM

I have a question about graphics card requirements. I'll soon be using a Dell P-4 2.8 Ghz computer with no AGP slot. It has Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 onboard. I'm not very interested in great-looking video with all the bells and whistles. I'm seeking more function than form - for learning maneuvers and 3D flight. I don't care much about smoke, shadows, flying field goodies, etc. The only realism I'm interested in is how well the airplanes fly and respond to input. Will the AFP Deluxe flight physics be as good on this computer if I turn off what I have to in order to make it work? Getting another computere is not an option for me at this time.

Thanks for everybody's input.

==Mike==