RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/2319017-aero-fly-deluxe-new-version.html)

STLPilot 12-09-2004 11:17 AM

RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

ORIGINAL: GoMike
I have a question about graphics card requirements. I'll soon be using a Dell P-4 2.8 Ghz computer with no AGP slot. It has Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 onboard. I'm not very interested in great-looking video with all the bells and whistles. I'm seeking more function than form - for learning maneuvers and 3D flight. I don't care much about smoke, shadows, flying field goodies, etc. The only realism I'm interested in is how well the airplanes fly and respond to input. Will the AFP Deluxe flight physics be as good on this computer if I turn off what I have to in order to make it work? Getting another computere is not an option for me at this time.

Thanks for everybody's input.
What are the specs on that onboard?

If you want to shut it all down or just use the photo scenes then you'll have no problem with minimum requirements as listed on this page: www.aeroflypro.com/requirements

I believe that chip also is Open GL which is very important.

Other sims boast about lower video cards ... and that's just great. However there is no way to trick a video card when you have advanced physics, would be nice, only impossible. AeroFly Pro's commitment is Physics First, Fluff Second. That is why the requirements are high for AFP and AFP Deluxe. However if you knock down all the fluff in AFP, again you should be just fine if your card is at least 64MB and Open GL.

MikeEast 12-09-2004 11:33 AM

Are you absolutely certain that your motherboard doesnt have an AGP slot? I would be shocked if a Dell Pentium 4 would not. It may be occupied by your current graphics card. Its a brown slot that is about 3-4" long usually at one end of the white PCI slots, Id even bet that the motherboard has AGP stamped on the motherboard next to it.

Heres what is off of the Intel website...

Included on this page:

About Intel® Extreme Graphics

Features & Benefits

Specifications

The Intel® 865G, 865GV and 855GM chipsets feature the newly enhanced Intel® Extreme Graphics 2, offering architectural enhancements for realistic 3D and 2D graphics and an improved balanced memory management architecture for optimal system performance.

Enhanced Rapid Pixel and Texel Rendering (RPTR) speeds-up visual effects without affecting system performance. Results are sharp images, fast rendering, smooth motion and amazing graphics details.

Dynamic Video Memory Technology v2.0 (DVMT) provides efficient and optimized usage of system memory for graphics. Graphics memory is allocated in system memory as needed to balance memory usage among the operating system, applications, and graphics.

Zone Rendering 2 (ZR2) technology. Unique technology for drawing 3D scenes that optimizes performance between graphics and system functions.

Intelligent Memory Management (IMM) provides optimized memory management for dual channel memory interface and faster Front-side Bus (FSB) to optimize both graphics and system performance using shared system memory.

The Extreme Graphics 2 core supports the latest 2D and 3D APIs, delivering real-life environment and character effects. A 256-bit internal path enables up to four textures per pixel on a single pass for super light maps, atmospheric effects, and more realistic surface details. Flexible display capabilities enhance the personal computing experience, offering significant benefits for applications requiring 32bpp and higher display resolution.

Download the Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 brochure (.pdf, 260 kb).

If you are writing applications that utilize 3D interfaces and you would like to support the Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 architecture, download the Intel® Graphics: Software Developer's Guide.

Heres what the Intel site says about your graphics capabilities.

Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Features

Features Benefits
Multi-texture Useful for creating light maps, atmospheric effects, and more
2kx2k texture Enables desktop-size textures
Cube reflection textures Enables environment specular reflections
Render-to-texture Allows auto-generation of texture on the fly
Projected textures Projects textures onto other objects
DOT3 bump-mapping Models realistic surface details
Destination alpha blend Creates effects like force fields, flames, or plasma beams
Point sprites Provides particle systems for atmospheric effects such as snowfall
Per pixel fog Enables depth-cruising or hidden objects
Alpha blended sub-picture support Enables softer effects for captions and subtitles
Anisotropic filtering Provides high quality views of oblique surfaces
Hardware motion compensation Provides high-quality DVD playback
5x2 overlay Delivers smooth scaling of DVD playback
Intel® Digital Video Output (DVO) Extends the integrated graphics engine to support digital FP and TV-out
Dual display Supports synchronous display on analog and digital ports

Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Specifications

Enhanced 2D 256-bit internal path
8/16/32bpp
DirectDraw*, GDI, GDI+
Anti-aliased text support
Alpha blending
Alphas stretch blitter
Hardware alpha blended RGB cursor
Color space conversion
5x2 overlay support
Rotate, scale and translate operations

High-performance 3D 256-bit internal path
32bpp/ 24ZorW/ 8 Stencil
DX7*/DX8*/OGL*1.1
DXTn texture compression
Up to 4 textures / pixel on a single pass
Cubic reflection map
Embossed/DOT3 bump mapping
Multi-texture
DOT3 bump-mapping
Point sprites

Video and Display DirectShow*/DirectVA*
Hardware motion compensation support for DVD playback
4x2 overlay filter
350 MHz DAC frequency
Maximum DVO pixel rate of up to 330MP/s
Flat panel monitors and TV-out support via AGP Digital Display (ADD) cards
350 MHz DAC for 1800x1440 @ 85Hz max CRT resolution or 2048x1536@60Hz max FP resolution
Synchronous display for dual monitor capabilities
350MHz RAMDAC for up to QXGA analog monitor support
Dual DVO ports for up to QXGA digital display support
Multiple display types (LVDS, DVI, TV-out, CRT)

Trogdor the Burninator 12-09-2004 11:42 AM

The low end Dell machines don't have AGP slots and use an integrated chipset on the motherboard for video. Performance is pretty weak by gaming PC standards so I'd guess you'd need to shut off ALL the bells and whistles. Good luck.

MikeEast 12-09-2004 11:47 AM

Heres a quote from a consumer report on your Dell graphics capabilities.

Intel claims that a typical computer based on i865G can offer roughly 2 times more speed in 3DMark 2001SE benchmark compared to an i845G-powered PC . Obviously Intel is cunning about two times more performance compared with the previous-generation product given that configurations of the PCs was different, however, I still expect Intel Extreme Graphics 2 to have performance close to than that of NVIDIA’s GeForce2 MX400 or maybe even GeForce4 MX420 graphics cards. That is enough to play in Counter Strike or some strategy games, but definitely not enough for Doom III or Windows Longhorn. What is awful, mainstream integrated graphics is nearly 4 years back compared to higher-end desktop solutions.

El_Guapo 12-09-2004 01:02 PM

Onboard graphics are typically horrible. you'd be much better off getting a lower speed CPU with a better graphics card and more system memory. Look for something that is an addon card rather than onboard, most of the Radeon 9000 series or the nVidia FX cards should work well.

STLPilot 12-09-2004 03:25 PM

Not the best of news. Our shipment that was due to arrive tomorrow morning has been returned to sender. Apparently there was hazardous material in the van that sent our shipment. They will not say what the hazardous material is. Under law the packages had to be returned to sender for inspection and repackaging.

Now I know this sounds crazy, it's sounded crazy to me until I talked with DHL myself. But it's the truth.

skid2964 12-09-2004 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Not the best of news. Our shipment that was due to arrive tomorrow morning has been returned to sender. Apparently there was hazardous material in the van that sent our shipment. They will not say what the hazardous material is. Under law the packages had to be returned to sender for inspection and repackaging.

Now I know this sounds crazy, it's sounded crazy to me until I talked with DHL myself. But it's the truth.

Tomorrow's initial shipment will not be in until next week sometime. This will place the initial shipment and secondary shipment at almost the same time.

Please guys bear with us. Also I will post this annoucement on top of every page of this thread.
Ok, you MUST post another video capture from AFPD .... or we will riot ....

3-D Flyer 12-09-2004 03:37 PM

[sm=tired.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif]

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 03:48 PM

so when exactly are you expecting it to arrive???

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Tomorrow's initial shipment will not be in until next week sometime. This will place the initial shipment and secondary shipment at almost the same time.

Please guys bear with us. Also I will post this annoucement on top of every page of this thread.

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 03:55 PM

I have been a truck driver for 11 years carrying hazardous goods. including england and germany. and i just dont buy it. i know the international laws and all i can say it must have been transported with a lot of hazardous material for that to happen. where was this van?
If i am wrong i stand corrected

Mr_Scary 12-09-2004 04:05 PM

This has to be the work of al Quida and Bin Laden. They anthraxed our AFPDs!! Let's arm some of the scale turbine war planes and go after em! This is war.

Torqued-Up 12-09-2004 04:07 PM

Just checked with Ikarus in Ft. Meyers, FL...

They have already received their initial shipment of AFPD and shipped all copies to backorder customers... The lady I spoke with said that if I placed an order today, I MAY get it before the end of the year...

They are expecting another shipment sometime next week...

STLPilot 12-09-2004 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: pauluk2w
If i am wrong i stand corrected
I usually don't like to call customers wrong, but in this case you are wrong. I would not jeopardize my companies integrity nor reputation over this. Our company is run by 1 Ex-Marine (Myself), a current Colonel in the AirForce and and Ex-Air Force Fighter Pilot. Also .... we just don't have to lie about this.

You will not be able to get a copy from Ikarus before us. Also those copies she is talking about is the order we were supposed to receive tomorrow. We also have better price and free shipping.

Ikarus USA will supply the vendors before they will sell to customers direct. That other shipment she is talking about is the large shipment coming to us next week. I would expect that ALL current orders, including the initial orders will leave on the 17th or the 20th.

Now, we can refund anyone who wants a refund. However the odds of finding a copy of AFP Deluxe are going to be near impossible. It will only backlog your order any further.

Mr_Scary 12-09-2004 04:57 PM

OK everyone, ask for your refund. I will get my copy that much faster!!!

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 05:05 PM

you can call me wrong i don't mind that and as i said if i am i stand corrected. i does not make a difference to me a company is run by an ex marine or Donald duck i don't see why you need to put that in. i am an ex British royal marine with over 14 years service. i take your word for it as i know most service men and ex servicemen usually are trust worthy and have a lot of honesty and integrity I'm sorry you are taking some flack here but as i said feelings are running high (its like taking candy from a kid) I am not calling you a liar or trying to offend you in anyway I just do not believe the explanation DHL gave you

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr_Scary

OK everyone, ask for your refund. I will get my copy that much faster!!!
I dont want a refund i will just have to wait like everyone else. it will make using AFPD much better after all the anticipation. the last time i was this excited about anything i was a kid waiting for santa to come with all my toys lol

RChobby53 12-09-2004 05:11 PM

Good grief this board is full of crybabies.

Once the shipment is on the way, it still may not be secure, read this:
http://www.wral.com/news/3983982/detail.html

STLPilot 12-09-2004 05:22 PM

Seeing that you replied to my thread as "I just don't buy it" I assumed you were quoting me, which you did the previous post. You did not say that you "did not buy DHL's story". If so I would have not had to express OMP's backgroud and level of integrity, I would have just assumed you would have believed me in the first place.

I wish I had unhuman powers to speed the process up, but I can't. The sims are coming, I'll do my best to keep the play by play action going.

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 05:23 PM

dion sorry to whine but keep up the good work and please keep us informed just as you have been

3-D Flyer 12-09-2004 05:32 PM

I got a feeling that the DHL guys are all together in their off time sitting in their trucks, on their laptops playing AFP-deluxe!! :D What do you guys think!! It's not that hard to figure out!! :) Just kidding,I'm with Paul, keep us posted Deon... I can wait, I don't know for how much longer... the weather here sux! and i have no sim on my computer so i think i am going thru withdrawl or somthing!!!:D
Keep up the good work Deon!

Ace in the hole 12-09-2004 05:37 PM

[>:] Sounds to me like someone at DHL hijacked the shipment! We need a battle cry-- Give me AFP Deluxe or give me death!!

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 05:47 PM

Dion if we have to wait longer how about some more pics or videos of AFPD.

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 05:50 PM

You could be right maybe DHL has hijacked the shipment and put our copies of AFPD on ebay. if i was dion i would need a new copy or an new computer by now as it would be worn out

3-D Flyer 12-09-2004 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: pauluk2w

Dion if we have to wait longer how about some more pics or videos of AFPD.

YEAH RIGHT! Why don't you just ask him to take a copy and dangle it in front of you with a string!!!!!:D

pauluk2w 12-09-2004 05:58 PM

they already did that when we were told they would be shipping them on the 10th :). so we may as well see some more pics to cry over:(