RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/2319017-aero-fly-deluxe-new-version.html)

serge1 11-20-2004 02:02 PM

RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

ST Pilot,

I ordered the sim last week. Any idea whnen it will ship exactly? I have my new Athlon 64 bit 3.4 GHZ
with the allmighty Nvidia G-force 6800 GT waiting for the sim ....:D

From what I saw , I expect incredible graphic to say the least. I will post pics when I get my hand on it.

Thanks.
Serge
:D:D:D

LeeU 11-20-2004 05:42 PM

No.... No.....

I did not buy G3 I was just curious to see if the G2 folks had any screen shoots, when I saw the post about some one buying G3 and hating it. I've sold my G2 and 5 addons a long time ago and would never go back. I was trying to tell people that if they can't run the new AFP D because of there computers are to old they should buy the AFP original and they would still have a better sim than G3 and the one's of us that can run the new AFP D would be years ahead of G3. LeeU

hgiles 11-21-2004 09:05 AM

Where can I get more Warbirds for AFP? I have about 10 of them from rcsim.de, but not 50 of them...

3-D Flyer 11-21-2004 09:39 AM

Whoops! Sorry Lee, I read your reply like it was you stating that YOU purchaced G-3. [sm=bananahead.gif]

LeeU 11-21-2004 09:42 AM

If I'm going to waste $200.00 I would rather buy cheap ARF and fly it in to the ground at least it would be realistic. I will fly G3 this week as my hobby shop will be getting it. LeeU

3-D Flyer 11-21-2004 09:48 AM

[sm=lol.gif]

Make sure you let us know what you thought!

STLPilot 11-21-2004 10:50 AM

There are much more then 10, at least 50 if not more.

If you are looking for only WWII Warbirds? WWI?

Warbirds are any military Aircraft.

STLPilot 11-21-2004 10:56 AM

As per your request earilier in the thread here is a ShockFlyer video I made this morning.

Quality is pretty good I made it with Hypercam. It's playing at 30 FPS and compressed, vs my 125 FPS on the computer. But you can easily see how the physics and graphics are improved. I also showed the you can go behind the pits and fly into the sun. This is done on one of the photorealistic scenes. I record do it in the gym with Hypercam, it can't handle the graphics.

http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/shock1.wmv - 7MB WMV

Mudsurfer1234 11-21-2004 10:59 AM

i just saw the Extra 330S video on the aero fly deluxe page, and all i can say is wow, i can't wait!!

[link=http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/Video/Aeroflyprodeluxe.WMV]Awesome Extra Vid[/link]

3-D Flyer 11-21-2004 11:16 AM

Deon, looks like i won't have too keep charging my lipos, that looks so convincing that i may just sell my shockys! Beats fixing foam constantly! Give me a reset button anyday!:D

STLPilot 11-21-2004 11:21 AM

I was wondering if this was going to help ShockFlyer sales or hurt them actually. I guess they are taking their chances with helping.

Bob Pastorello 11-21-2004 04:53 PM

I hope that any of you with the bandwidth have downloaded the Roland Matt Extra 300 video. Anyone with experience knows by watching several things, but first, what is REALLY impressive is the aircraft physics. Details of shadows, movement of surfaces, obscuration by smoke, and it's interaction with the sim environment is just outstanding. I've had G2, with Add-ons, it was good, but nothing like this, guys!

Second - watching demonstrates exactly why Roland Matt is the flyer he is!!! It is CLEARLY evident that his years as a world-caliber F3A Pattern guy has paid rewards in his ability to handle the Extra. Raw talent, combined with years of sharpening skills....

Watching that video is ALMOST (not quite) like seeing Roland at the TOC !!!! VERY faithful rendition, AFP !!!!

3-D Flyer 11-21-2004 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

I was wondering if this was going to help ShockFlyer sales or hurt them actually. I guess they are taking their chances with helping.

Looks awesome, but of course nothing beats the real thing.... unless of course we can rig up some sort of battery supplied wheeled cart with our pc on it and drag it to the field to show off our skills and new manuvers!:D

STLPilot 11-21-2004 05:43 PM

I only wish I had a really good camcorder here. The graphics in both videos are not even close to how they look on the computer while using it.

3-D Flyer 11-21-2004 05:58 PM

I'll take your word for it! But i'm telling you any more and i'll be buying a plane ticket, a 24 pack and some belly bombers and i'll be on my way over:). Any word on an expected ship date yet? (if i'm allowed to ask here that is}:eek:

STLPilot 11-22-2004 02:42 PM

The ship date is on the site under the purchase tab.

Here is another video as requested. Again compressed, but you get the jist of the physics.

http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/shock3.wmv

Mudsurfer1234 11-22-2004 07:54 PM

i have a request, could you make a vid or 2 showing the 3D sceneries besides the gym? i'd like to see how they look

Thanks,
Scott

STLPilot 11-22-2004 08:29 PM

I'd like too, but Hypercam cannot handle it. The new scenery's are no different in technology then the previous version. However they've added alot more details in the 3D worlds.

Honestly I just need a runway in any of the worlds, 3D or photoreal. Maybe a backyard and a gym, but anything else is for games like MS Flight sim, not any RC sim. The exception for glider soaring, but there's plenty of slopes for that too.

Mudsurfer1234 11-22-2004 10:11 PM

thanks for the info Dion, MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!

Actually, Have you ever tried using Fraps? I find it to be a really good program, and windows movie maker compresses its files VERY well, You can get a download online but you can only record up to 15 seconds, but if you would like, i can send you the full version taht lets you record as long as you want.

Thanks again,
Scott

STLPilot 11-23-2004 02:12 AM

Yeah, I'll take the full version if you got it to try.

Email me [email protected]

Thanks

pauluk2w 11-23-2004 06:55 PM

ok i have a bit of a stupid question for you all but i dont understand this so i will ask. i know what the interface cable is but what is the USB game commander? what does it do and is it realy worth getting
thanks
paul

3-D Flyer 11-23-2004 07:00 PM

It's a Dummy transmitter, that you would plug into your usb port to control your planes on the simulator. G-2 and G-3 (realflight uses them as well) However i am looking forward to using my Futaba 9-c to control the simulator. keeps that "feel" there for when you are flying the real thing. I personally ordered the package without the commander.

pauluk2w 11-23-2004 07:11 PM

one more question i have an ATI radeon 7000 64MB graphics card and from what i can understand this will have to be upgraded. would an ATI radeon 128 MB 9200 se card work ok with this sim?
thanks for your help
paul

3-D Flyer 11-23-2004 07:18 PM

Deon has a list of compatible cards on the aerofly pro webpage. Seems like it would work too me.

STLPilot 11-23-2004 08:26 PM

The ATI 7000 would be marginal, but on the photoreal scenes it would probably fly.

On my ATI 9700 I get between 90 and 120 in the 3D worlds.
On my ATI 9800 I get between 130 and 175 on 3D worlds.

Photoreal words get 30-50% better.

When you guys see how AFP looks and how it flies you will understand why it's ahead of it's time. If you are even the slightest bit standoffish about AFPD just wait until you see the flight reports from the pilots. I can assure you that we have nothing to worry about. :D