Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Cool Power Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Power Fuel

I came into possession of some Cool Power fuel last week. I cannot find on the jug anywhere the percentage of oil in the fuel. It is green in color and all synthetic, but it doesn't say how much. I looked at their website (Morgan Fuels) and all they want to do is direct me to Facebook and Twitter. Googled Cool Power and found a couple hobby shops selling quarts of this stuff and they indicate it to be 17% all synthetic. Does that sound right for the gallon jugs also?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:14 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cool Power Fuel

Yes, that sounds right to me. Have used it extensively in past with total satisfaction.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:49 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Are you using it in all your engines? Four stroke, bushed, bearing supported, everything?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:09 AM
downunder

It seems that Morgan fuels are updating their web page but the old site gave 17% all synthetic for Coolpower. It's definitely not suitable for all engines, it'll kill any engine with an iron piston and it's not suitable for plain bearing engines. Both these types need some (or a lot) of castor in the fuel.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for downunder's post.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:00 AM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The green Cool Power fuels are comprised of all synthetic oils, the pink fuels contain both castor and synthetic oils. Most all of their aviation fuels contain 17% oil. I prefer the pink variety.

As stated previously Cool Power is not suitable for lapped pistons and bushings as found on less expensive or older motors. You can add oil to the fuel so it will work in these engines.

I usually add 4 oz of castor oil per gallon for newer engines like the OS LA series, and up to 8 oz per gallon for old control line engines like the Fox 35.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 AM
hauckf

Our club bought CoolPower by the barrel for many years. I always added 5oz of castor or Klotz BeNol to a gallon of the fuel which raised the oil percentage to about 20%. Many didn't add additional oil and didn't seem to have any problems, but I liked that little bit of extra protection.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
MetallicaJunkie

i have a buddy that uses it exclusively in all his motors 2 and 4 stroke... all of his 2 strokes bearings are toast, he just got into to 4 strokes so they might still be ok... i asked him if he uses after run oil, he said ..."no,cool power says no after run oil necessary" and he has several gallons to go...i i warned him before the fact he must have the "old batch" , becauseim sure morgan fuels is well aware of the reputation cool power has, and has remedied it
Old 04-16-2011, 04:35 PM
cutaway

There's many trashed OS LA's at my club's field. They all belong to people who run Cool Power. I'm just saying...
Old 04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An OS LA is a plain bushing motor. It NEEDS some castor to lube the crank bushing properly. The two types of engines that NEED some castor are plain bushing and iron piston.