Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Lube percent on package?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Lube percent on package?

How do I find out what the percentage of lube is in a gallon of fuel when it isnt listed on the package? Hobbytown and another LHS stock fuels and none of them list the percentage of lube in it. I need 15% for my OS .52 4 stroke, and the book calls for 2 cycle 18% lube 15% nitro mix.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lube percent on package?

ORIGINAL: acdii

How do I find out what the percentage of lube is in a gallon of fuel when it isnt listed on the package? Hobbytown and another LHS stock fuels and none of them list the percentage of lube in it. I need 15% for my OS .52 4 stroke, and the book calls for 2 cycle 18% lube 15% nitro mix.
You'll have to buy it first...then pour off an amount in a graduated cup....like 1 oz or more...then let the volitiles evaporate...what is left will be mostly oil...so if you have 1/4oz left..you have about 20/25% oil.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 AM
acdii

Well that would be wasteful, especially if it turns out to be 15% lube.  The brand I am referring to is Cool Power sold at HobbyTownUsa. None of the bottles state the lube ratio.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 AM
acdii

I was able to track down the fuel they stock and it is 17% lube.  My OS book calls for 18%.  I did find one of the cool power fuels that has what I need, Cool Power MV 15%.