Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Fuel quedtion please!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Turqui
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel quedtion please!!!!!!!!!

Hi there; i have a few 4 stroke engines brand new, saitos, os, and magnum; i will start using them shortly; so this is the question:
I will start with a magnum 52 4 stroke blue head; wich is the best fuel recomended for performance and durability?
Any real diference beetween 2 stroke and 4 stroke fuel?
Can you use 2 stroke fuel in 4 stroke engines?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fuel quedtion please!!!!!!!!!

The fuel for 4S needs to have some castor. There are two people in our club that fly a lot of 2S and 4S. One runs Omega 10 in everything and the other runs Coolpower 4S 15% in everything. The castor content of the coolpower 4S is around 5% last time I was able to verify it. I have had good luck with Coolpower 4S 15% but when I want that warm fuzzy feeling of no flame-out or more power I put in "YS 20-20" blend by either S&W Fuels or Byron. S&W is/was made in PA, USA and is good on price and performance but I am unable to locate it on the internet any more. This is just our experience, millions of words have been posted on this topic !
Old 03-11-2012, 08:56 AM
carrellh

Default RE: Fuel quedtion please!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Bobhend
S&W is/was made in PA, USA and is good on price and performance but I am unable to locate it on the internet any more.
S&W has a new name
http://www.splube.com/otherapplications.html