Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wildcat 2&4 stroke 15% for break in

Iread the manual for my Magnum and it said to use a castor/syn mix for breakin. Ihave Wildcat, and after breaking in the engine on it, found out it doesnt have castor in it, 18% Klotz synthetic instead. Should I be concerned? I have been using Wildcat 15 in my OS and it has been running fine.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wildcat 2&4 stroke 15% for break in

It's too late to change what has already been done. If the engine runs correctly, and does not overheat, all is well. One of our club members had a Mag 52 that never ran right with full synthetic. Even though it was not running lean it acted like it was overheating. He switched a fuel with some castor and it started running correctly.
    - Carrell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wildcat 2&4 stroke 15% for break in

Well, my worries are moot. I had my first flight with the T-34 and Magnum last night, temps in the 90's, full cowl on, and the engine ran fine, and was not hot when I landed after a 10 minute flight.  I was a bit concerned with cooling, but it appears I have enough exhaust openings to keep it cool. I was able to touch the motor without burning myself, it was warm enough that it would hurt if I kept my finger on it, but not sizzling hot.  Engine is running great.  A few more tanks through it and I can start tweaking the low end for better transitions, and the high end for more speed.  So far I have no complaints about the Wildcat I am using. Both my OS and Magnum are running fine. My friends are using it in their planes and running fine too.  I guess they use pretty good lube in this fuel.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374