Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Roto Flow tanks

I cant find the thread on these tanks(was told there was one) Im just checking if these are all they say they are,,seems like a pretty good set-up. Im just looking for input on these tanks by jl products,,before I decide to buy one.

Thx a mil.-TAZZZZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Roto Flow tanks

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10954465/tm.htm

A quick google search using your own words brought this up
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Stay away from these RotoFlow tanks if your setup is for gas. The are useless when used with gas. Those "aerospace seals" (which are two blue rubber o-rings" get sticky within a few weeks and then the clunk can't rotate freely around the centre tube. After some more time passes they disintegrate along with the white rubbery sealant that hold them in place. Then once your fuel level drops to 50% your engine is sucking just as much air as it does fuel.

I threw away 3 tanks that all did the same thing. I lost a plane because of one when the engine ran lean, started to overheat and then cut out at the worst possible time. A friend of mine had to throw away his RotoFlow tanks as well, but only discovered the problems after losing an engine that overheated because of frequent running lean after half a tank of gas an he realised too late what the problem was. Needless to say, his blue "aerospace seals" and white adhesive / sealant also just disintegrated.

I tried several times to get a response from JL products, but they just kept ignoring me.

Nice idea, but useless product an non-existent customer service.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    These look like the old "Clank Tank" from many years ago being resurfaced as a new idea. There was Clunk and Clank types, with the clunk catching on. Wow I am starting to sound like a old guy.