Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Roto Flow tanks

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roto Flow tanks

I cant find the thread on these tanks(was told there was one) Im just checking if these are all they say they are,,seems like a pretty good set-up. Im just looking for input on these tanks by jl products,,before I decide to buy one.

Thx a mil.-TAZZZZ
Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Roto Flow tanks

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10954465/tm.htm

A quick google search using your own words brought this up
Old 09-04-2013, 07:39 AM
charlvnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay away from these RotoFlow tanks if your setup is for gas. The are useless when used with gas. Those "aerospace seals" (which are two blue rubber o-rings" get sticky within a few weeks and then the clunk can't rotate freely around the centre tube. After some more time passes they disintegrate along with the white rubbery sealant that hold them in place. Then once your fuel level drops to 50% your engine is sucking just as much air as it does fuel.

I threw away 3 tanks that all did the same thing. I lost a plane because of one when the engine ran lean, started to overheat and then cut out at the worst possible time. A friend of mine had to throw away his RotoFlow tanks as well, but only discovered the problems after losing an engine that overheated because of frequent running lean after half a tank of gas an he realised too late what the problem was. Needless to say, his blue "aerospace seals" and white adhesive / sealant also just disintegrated.

I tried several times to get a response from JL products, but they just kept ignoring me.

Nice idea, but useless product an non-existent customer service.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These look like the old "Clank Tank" from many years ago being resurfaced as a new idea. There was Clunk and Clank types, with the clunk catching on. Wow I am starting to sound like a old guy.