Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Single or Multiple Fuel Pumps?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 AM
NdYAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single or Multiple Fuel Pumps?

I have Nitro Heli's and recently also got a Nitro plane that I want to get up in the air soon.

I run Byron's Rotor Rage 30% Nitro in my Nitro Heli's

I am going to run Cool Power 10% Nitro in my planes

Should I use separate fuel pump & setups for each, or can I just use one pump? If I use one, any suggestions to clean when switching between the fuels?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Single or Multiple Fuel Pumps?

I use 3 or 4 different fuel mixes for my different engines and I use just one pump. I just switch the jug on my field box. I have a Hobbico field box and electric pump and all I do is reverse the pump to empty the lines of fuel back to the jug and switch jugs. However, I don't think it would be necessary to void the lines of one fuel to switch to another as the small amount of fuel in the lines won't change the nitro/oil content of the new fuel being pumped by anything really measurable unless your fill line from the pump is 6 feet long.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Single or Multiple Fuel Pumps?

Just pump the fuel pump in reverse while pulling the fuel pick up from the jug to void the fuel from the line. IMO I agre with 1QwkSport2.5r, its really not enough fuel to worry about.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:37 PM
crawler tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three
Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 AM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use just one. I crank the pump in reverse to remove fuel in the lines before switching bottles. That works well with my Dave Brown pump. Not sure if other pumps work in reverse.