Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

Question on DB Products Six Shooter fuel pump

Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Question on DB Products Six Shooter fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:57 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Question on DB Products Six Shooter fuel pump

A friend gave me a Dave Brown Products Six Shooter fuel pump. I would like to use it for gasoline but the label which says whether it's made for gas or glow is missing.

I know that the external tubing, used or transferring fuel, needs to be neoprene or tygon. My question is regarding the tubing inside the pump itself. Will that handle gas as well as glow fuel, or did each type of pump have a unique type of tubing inside for whatever fuel was being pumped??

Thanks,

Bob
Old 09-10-2014, 02:27 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If the tubing inside is clear or milky white it should be used for glow fuel, if it is yellow you can use it for gas or diesel. You can easily change the tubing to install the type you need. The desired tubing can be purchased from a hobby shop or direct from Dave Brown.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:06 PM
N1EDM

Thanks, 049flyer, that's the info that I was looking for. now, if only I could find some of that gas tubing. I see what it's like to disassemble, just a snap ring. So far, no luck finding a gas hose rebuild kit on eBay....

Bob
Old 09-12-2014, 10:13 AM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's just Tygon type tubing. If you remove the old tubing and measure the size I think you can find it locally or online.

Found it at Tower Hobbies: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXB893&P=7

Last edited by 049flyer; 09-12-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neoprene would work as well, might even last longer. But you won't be able to see the fuel chuging through.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:02 AM
N1EDM

Thanks for the replies, guys. My concern is that the tubing inside the pump itself is soft enough to distort when the rollers go over it. I'll see if I can find some tygon at the local homegood store that has the same size and then see if it works.

Bob