Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 07:18 PM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-12-2003, 07:20 PM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-12-2003, 09:58 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: using 30% heli fuel

I'd think 30% nitro might be a bit too much for that engine unless you lowered the compression with extra head shims. You might need to experiment with colder plugs too if you want to avoid detonation. Most heli fuel seems to have a higher % of oil than the usual marginal RC fuels so if the label reads 20% or more then it should be quite OK without adding any more.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:50 PM
elmerfud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: using 30% heli fuel

i run 30% cool powerâ„¢ in everyting i have.... no issue`s.
i have an old os46-fx, a old supertigre 45....an os 32 sx-H.. a os 61 rx -h , also an os 120 twin cyl.....and i used to run it in my thunder tiger 46..... but it died a hard death..in my patriot

all smoke like a train.... but i sort of liked that. i ran either os-8, or enya 3 or 4 plugs in all of the, exept the twin. it go "f" style pugs

been doing this for years....some have pipes.... some dont...