Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Australian Castor Oil Costs

Old 09-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Stiks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Australian Castor Oil Costs

Well I'm about to start mixing my own fuel and have been looking around for the ingredients. What are the rest of you guys in OZ paying for degummed castor oil. I've got two prices so far and both are $15 a litre. This seems a bit steep considering Klotz synthetic is the same price. Is there any other brands available apart from castrol M?

Thanks

Stiks
Old 09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
russellk

Default RE: Australian Castor Oil Costs

I get Castor that is made up by Hobby Headquaters (distributor) for $13.20 for a single litre and cheaper in larger containers. Your LHS should be able to get hold of it. I mix it 3% + 15% Klotz.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:28 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheesh...what's with this time out error? OK, I'll try again

I just rang Scotcher Race Fuels here in Adelaide and their price was $49 for 5 litres of Castol M. I've also got it through an auto parts shop that stocks Castrol oils by asking them (nicely ) to order in a can with their next supply. You could try calling Castrol customer service on 1300 554 890 to get a price and availability in Gympie.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Stiks

Those prices are a bit better especially for the castor M. The distributor in town wanted 75 bucks for a can of it. Appreciate both of your help.

Cheers Stiks
Old 11-22-2004, 03:52 AM
PhilNZ
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,
Use Penrite Synthetic castor race 40 ... I have for years i have a Magnum 40 GP that is over 25 years old runs like a new 1 ..

Phil