Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Rc Fuel Faq

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
hunternaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rc Fuel Faq

airplane fuel in duratrax RT-X27: have now burned 4 gallons of the wildcat 15% nitro airplane fuel without any noticeable problems. The 4.4 supertiger still has plenty of compression starts and runs great no mater what the Lhs says and I bought another truck for my wife and run the same fuel engines can be heard in this short video clip http://www.youtube.com/user/hunterna.../0/8hpiyU54QT8
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I-want-to-know-more

Please please, i have been strugling since the last 5 months

I bought this HSP Gladiator used from a friend he said it worked fine last time he used it

I traied running it many many times , it is still in a new condition as it was only used 3-5 times

I found out that if i put fuel into the the engine it runs fine then when the fuel runs out after 5 seconds it turns off

The fuel is not going through the pipe, 

Please have a look at the pictures i made

Here:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lw7tz4&s=6

And

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=13z7h9l&s=6

Sorry about the low quality its my phone : )

I hoe i get a reply ASAP as im going on a trip on Friday

Old 07-06-2010, 09:00 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you try opening the needle valve?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I-want-to-know-more

Ya i did , do you mean the high needle . yes i did,to the max, nothing,
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM
senrak

You need to figure out why fuel is not flowing to the engine. Is it blocked somehow? Is there dirt in the line, or a kink in the line? Does fuel flow from the tank? Is the hs needle open 2-3 turns? Is the tank vent open? Is there a klunk in the tank that's stuck up?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 PM
w8ye

See if you can suck the fuel out of the tank through the fuel line with your pump
Old 07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I-want-to-know-more

Sorry, but what the meaning of the following

1~Is the tank vent open?

2~Is there a klunk in the tank that's stuck up?

Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
w8ye

You cannot get fuel out of the tank unless air can get into the tank to replace the fuel that is being removed.

There needs to be a way for air to get into the tank

The clunk is the fuel pick up. It is flexible and has a weight on the end so it can go to the part of the tank where the fuel is.

Sometimes, this clunk gets stuck in the top of the tank
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Wade L. Gray

I like your paper you have written, I believe you have done some good work as well taken the high road when needed. Lubricants are a tough thing to talk about as many people have many ideas of what is good or bad. Mol sieve will remove water from glow fuel it will also try to take a little methanol as it breaks the bond with the water and nitromethane as well as the water and the methanol>this will result in a temperature increase and can be very dangerous. I would say just do something responsible with the fuel and be done with it. I like your paper.
Wade L. Gray
Texas Allied Chemicals
Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 PM
RMFJET

anyone tried COSMO fuel.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM
iskandar taib
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Changes?

ORIGINAL: mab0852

Can engines be converted to use real diesel? Would it be a waste because of the potential in the fuel or is there some other reason? I've seen gas conversions and Davis heads (faux diesel), but what about the pump kind?
It's been done, using a contrapiston, believe it or not. But this:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20110146608.pdf

sounds more interesting. Kerosene is very much like (truck) diesel fuel, so if they got it to work with kerosene, it might work with truck diesel or with jet fuel.

Iskandar
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 AM
iskandar taib
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: w4kv

Separating contaminating water from glow fuel

Water and methanol are completely miscible, meaning that one dissolves the other in any proportion. Freezing the mixture, letting it settle, etc., have no effectiveness at all. The oil and nitro may separate during such efforts, but the water and methanol stay together. There is no way to remove the water from contaminated fuel since distillation would destroy the nitromethane, and the presence of oil in the mix would make it a difficult, greasy process. With oil and nitro, the molecular sieve would be similarly ineffective.
Not only that - mix two miscible compounds and the freezing temperature of the mix actually goes DOWN. The most common example of this is the ethylene glycol we use in car antifreeze. A 50-50 mix of antifreeze and water has a LOWER freezing temperature than either antifreeze OR water. Another example is 60/40 tin/lead solder. This alloy has a melting temperature (i.e. freezing temperature - same thing) LOWER than either lead or tin alone. The mixture with the lowest freezing point (it's not always 50-50) is called the eutectic composition.

You learn this in Geochemistry 101, by the way. Chemical/mechanical engineers will have come across this as well in their studies.

Iskandar