Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

How much castor to add?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 01:10 PM
ricdel
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much castor to add?

I purchased a gallon of Omega Super T fuel at a swop meet by mistake. I would like to use it in my fox and saito engines.
Can I add more castor oil to it? ( how much )
Thanks, Richard
Old 01-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Fuel

How much and what type of lube is in it now, I solved this by using Fox 50/50 at 5% nitro in my Fox's and WildCat premium Extra at 10% nitro in my Saito's. Webras run really well on the Fox fuel also.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:33 PM
ricdel

I would like to be able to use up this gal of fuel (omega super T )
What do I need to add to it to be able to use it?
I think as it comes it is formulated for the big Supertiger engines that use a lower oil content.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:08 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

I'm a bit confused with your question as I always thought that Morgan Fuels only made Cool Power and not Omega for the big ST's since they are ringed engines and Morgan recommends Cool Power for all ringed 2 strokes. What color is the fuel you are talking about? If it is in fact Cool Power (green color) for the big ST's then the oil content is around 12% synthetic but you now have a problem where as Saito (Horizon) has said in the past that they want you to run all synthetic and Fox probably wants a lot of castor so you can see the problem. In either case the amount of additional lube required to bring it up to approx 18% by volume will be around 8-9 ounces but if you add that much castor your Fox's will be happy but the Saitos may not be for very long as that much castor might cause some gummimng up and carbon on the valves over time. I think many get away with running a bit of castor in their Saitos but we are talking about a much lower concentration than what you are considering. If you added all synthetic lube your Saitos would be very happy and your Fox engines will probably not complain as well but keeping then properly rich is the best insurance.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:41 PM
ricdel

Default pink stuff

I am not near this fuel right now but it is pink just like I always buy at the hobby shop for my fox engines. (15%)>> That is the reason I picked it up at the swop meet with out looking close enough. A friend that was with me happened to look at the label on the trip home. I tried to find out the oil content at their web site but I didn't learn anything.
I will add the extra castor to it and use it only in the fox engines.
I appreciate the help for the old dummy here. THANK YOU all for the replies.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:45 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Oooopps - I just ran across a Morgan Fuels ad in MAN and they state that the Big ST fuel is available in both Cool Power and Omega versions. In either case I think the total oil content is about 12% as mentioned above.
Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 02-03-2002, 07:03 PM
ricdel

Default Omega fuel

Hello ShempHoward,

That's OK, I got good help from all you ones that replied.
Richard
Old 02-06-2002, 08:21 PM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default adding castor

i wanted to add castor too and called omega and they said 1 1/2 ounces per gallon on the green fuel i believe to get it to 20%/20%
Old 02-07-2002, 02:59 AM
ricdel

Thanks for your reply.
Richard