Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

Can I use two stroke oil in a four stroke??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Can I use two stroke oil in a four stroke??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:37 PM
mmmexico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use two stroke oil in a four stroke??

I use Magnum four stroke engines in my planes. The materials that i received with the engines always insist that at least 15% nitro should be used along with a full 20% bean oil. I am out of that fuel. I have fuel that I use in my two strokes that has 15% synthetic oil and 5% bean oil and 10% nitro....any thoughts on using this fuel in my four stroke Magnum. I live in Mexico and so I can not just run down to my LHS and get whatever I want.

Thanks...Mike
Old 03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can I use two stroke oil in a four stroke??

That will work just fine in your engine. Magnum's will run on 0% -15% nitro. Generally any castor(bean)/synthetic oil in the 18%-20% range is fine. These motor's are set up to run on 2 stroke fuel and really are not that picky. I was running one on 20%castor, 0% nitro at one point.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

My recent Magnum instructions recommend the use of blended lubricants, so I use Omega Fuels in both my 2C and 4C engines. Usually a ratio of 10 per cent synthetic to 5 precent Castor Oil. A lot of US fuels come with 17% lubrication of which it is something on the order of 12-14 percent synthetic and remainder Castor Oil. If the fuel mixture is pure synthetic make sure you do not run lean. I often add Castor to the all synthetic fuels.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 05-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

Most fuels with the same ingredients are the same fuel even though they have different labels, 2 cycle or 4 cyle. One company I know of they are identical, they told me so. Only difference is the label. They do it to eliminate confusion for the customer. though I think it would be simpler to just list both on the label. But then those people that know more than the manufactures would be educating every one about how it can't work in both.
I use 15% nitro with 18% lube in everything. And in the last couple years I have switched to complete synthetic with no problems. They stay a lot cleaner!!!!!!!