Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Super T fuel

Old 05-13-2003, 05:21 PM
mrc100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super T fuel

I just purchased a gallon of fuel from my LHS and I'm not sure it's what I thought it was. It's a gallon of Morgan Fuels in a plastic jug labelled "cool power" and also a stick on label indicating "Cool Power Super T".

I thought Super T fuel from Morgan was an "Omega" blend not "cool power".

Is this gallon misslabelled or is it really "Cool Power Super T"? If so what is it's makeup: nitro, oil etc...

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-14-2003, 04:15 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Default This is "Big" Super Tiger Blend Fuel...

I believe you have bought a gallon of Cool Power intended for use in the big displacement Super Tigre engines such as the 2350, 3000, and 4500. It has around an 8% oil content, too low for smaller displacement engines. I would take it back and get regular Cool Power or Omega.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:56 PM
mrc100
My Feedback: (4)

Default Super T fuel

Thanks for the reply.

I actually found out from a very reliable source that the fuel contains 10%nitro and 12% synthetic lube. Although I like morgan fuels this will not fit my needs.

I'm using the fuel in a Moki 1.8 and generally like to use 5% Nitro and castor/synthetic lube. If the Nitro was less I would just add the castor to get teh mix and high lubrication percentage.

Mike
Old 05-16-2003, 03:37 AM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Super T fuel

This is taken directly from a SuperTigre supplement included with a 2500 I purchased.

"For owners of all large SuperTigre Engines: (Twin 60's,2000's,2500's,3000's and G4500's)
The SuperTigre instructions recommend that you use a fuel that contains a minimum of 15% oil while breaking in the engine. After the engine has been properly broken in the oil content can be lowered to 10% to 12% for normal running conditions. The above recommendations by SuperTigre refer to the entire oil content being castor. Because synthetic fuels are more commonly used than castor oil fuels, we strongly recommend that you use a synthetic/castor oil blend based fuel which has an oil content of 15% to 16%. We have found that using 2 cycle fuel, 5% to 10% nitro, which contains mostly synthetic/castor blend with an oil content of 15% to 16%, provides acceptable performance over most modes of operation.

SuperTigre engines are engineered for top performance and quality and they represent a large investment on the part of the consumer. To protect your investment we suggest you use a premium high grade fuel with an appropriate oil content level. If the engine is run on a low oil content fuel that is mostly synthetic oil, it is highly possible that it will fail due to lack of lubrication. Engine failures due to lack of lubrication will not be covered under warranty."

I run mine (2000 & 2500) on 15% nitro Morgan's Omega with great results. Yes mine are out of warranty, but why possibly shorten their life? NOTE: The above does NOT apply to the 2300 (1.4ci) engine! If anyone wants a copy of this supplement, email me your address and I will forward a copy to you.