Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Klotz oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Klotz oil

Hi
Which would be the best combination or does it not matter. Klotz synthetic oil with castor added or Klotz Super Techoplate which has 20% Benol already added?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:50 AM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Klotz oil

Which is best is largely personal preference. As you noted, Super Technoplate is 80% synthetic and 20% Benol (castor). Personally, I don't run castor in any but a very few specific fuel blends so a case of oil with 20% castor would be of very limited value to me. I find it beneficial to buy Original Technoplate (all synthetic)and add castor for those rare occasions when I need it. For others, they run castor in all their fuels and find it convenient to buy oil that already contains some castor. If you think you really need castor, you might try calling Klotz and seeing if they will sell you 3 gallons of synth and 1 gallon of castor. That way you could mix and add oil as you see fit.

In short, find I get maximum flexibility by buying oil that is either all synthetic or all castor and then adding them as required.

Bill
Old 05-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Klotz oil

Look for a local Klotz dealer. Mine carries both types in quarts. Also their 2 cycle oil for gassers ( all synthetic) is all I use my saws, weedies etc.