Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

ARF Fuel Tanks-Replace?

Old 06-22-2003, 04:16 AM
jetjockyf18
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARF Fuel Tanks-Replace?

Fuel Tanks In Arf Kits-replace? (post # 1)

Just finished new GP Pitts. I used the supplied fuel tank simply because it fit the space well. I have one short flight with Taurus 3.2 engine. It died in air for dead stick landing on its maiden flight. Idled great on the ground and at low throttle in the air. Started to miss and seemed to go lean when I increased power. When I defueled I noticed an inch of bubbles every couple of turns on my slimline pump. Had already replaced fuel tubing to fit the small brass tubing from the tank (am using gas stopper). This med tygon tubing goes to a T then large tubing from there to Carb. Other side of T goes to fuel dot.
Should I pull this tank and replace with B&B or Sullivan or similar? I was hesitant to use it in the first place but went ahead. Not sure if the bubbles were in the line during the flight and caused the engine to die or not. Does anyone use these tanks at all?

JJ

Old 06-22-2003, 07:03 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARF Fuel Tanks-Replace?

You might get more responces if you ask this in the ARF forum. This one is really for the discussion of fuel.

John