RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Fuels (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-fuels-161/)
-   -   Where to buy methonol in St. Louis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-fuels-161/70080-where-buy-methonol-st-louis.html)

Larry D. 03-06-2002 05:23 AM

Where to buy methonol in St. Louis

Anyone know where I can by methonol in the St. Louis area, or on the Illinois side? Somewhere that will sell me a few gallons, not a 55 gal drum full.

ramcharger 03-07-2002 09:29 PM

Methanol

There is a truck stop in South St Louis that sells methanol (dry - padded with N2) out of the pump. I bought some a year or so back. It is near I-55 and 270. If I get the name I will post it. You can buy however much you wish.

Larry D. 03-08-2002 04:23 PM

I work about a mile from 270 and 55 but don't know of this truck stop. Do you maen the filling station off of old Gravois, I was told they stopped selling it, I beleive it is a Texaco station. What is n2

Steve Collins 03-11-2002 02:14 PM

Methanol

One of our club members was mixing his own fuel last season. Contact John Bruno. I don't know his phone number but get a St. Louis phone book and look him up. He is the one that lives on St.Xavier st. Better yet email him at [email protected].

ramcharger 03-14-2002 04:04 AM

I know John. He was the one who told me about the methanol station on Old Gravois. Mr 4* is the total appropiate name for John. I think he get at least 3 flights per every day of the year in a 4*. When I saw John last he was going to make bulk Cool Power. I haven't seen John since Buder. I guess I'll have to go to the River City site this spring. I'm a Spirits guy.

Larry D. 03-14-2002 02:57 PM

I checked with the station on Old Gravois. They no longer handle methanol.

ramcharger 03-14-2002 03:47 PM

Speed Sports Inc located on the south side of St Charles Rock Rd across the street frpm Branneky Hardware sells nitro, methanol but they aren't user friendly. They sell methanol in 5 gal minimum containers. That what they told me. It is located near the St Charles Rd turn off on I-70. Also, Steve Green, who knows John Bruno, and formerly owned Action Hobby in St Charles, but now races and works on racing cars on 1st Capitol Dr in St Charles also sold methanol. Back a couple years I bought methanol from each of the places I mentioned. I combined a gallon of methanol with 15% Cool Power to make fuel for my Super Tigre 2500 and 3250 engines. So I went through the same thing you are of buying methanol in 2 or 3 one gal jugs. Some places wil get tired of you and get nasty.

Steve Collins 03-14-2002 10:57 PM

methanol

Ramcharger

Come by River City Flyers' flying site sometime and fly as our guest.

Loopman 03-15-2002 03:30 PM

Methanol Source

Hey guys, check out any local propane gas service. They use the stuff to dry their big tanks and they will sell it! I just bought some from my local source for $1.50 a gallon.

Loopman

douchebagoftheday 04-18-2016 08:50 AM

Just an update the only place in the stl is sieveking in high ridge right off highway 30 they sell it in 2-5 gallons and it's $4.10 a gallon including tax pm me if u want some home brewed nitro to try before u buy I'll share my recipe in a week