RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Fuels (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-fuels-161/)
-   -   Patriot Fuel (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-fuels-161/8746729-patriot-fuel.html)

MetallicaJunkie 05-06-2009 07:50 PM

Patriot Fuel

HobbyTown has Patriot Fuel on special so i picked up a few gallons, I do know it's made by Wildcat Fuels, i also know it has Klotz lubricant in it. What i would like to know is the oil content and if its a blend or synthetic, it doesn't state that on the jug

carrellh 05-06-2009 08:53 PM

RE: Patriot Fuel

The phone number for Wildcat is: (859) 885-5619
Give them a call if no one here has an answer.

mike early 05-06-2009 09:22 PM

let us know....

ProBroJoe 05-07-2009 06:14 AM

M.J... I've been running the Hobbytown Patriot fuel for over a year now (seven gallons last year). Their "Premium" fuel runs great in all of my two & four strokes and at $13 a gallon for 5%, you can't go wrong!

I do believe it's a 20/80 Castor/Syn blend @ 16% total oil... the same as the Wildcat Premium.

-Joe

Zippi 05-07-2009 06:51 AM

MetallicaJunkie,

I always use Byrons 10% fuel which is a synthitic/caster blend and has 20% oil content. I have a gallon of Patriot fuel that I won and it says on the jug 18% oil content. It doesn't say anything about synthitic or castor.

mike early 05-07-2009 06:52 AM

If only we could actually know, they might sell some....

MetallicaJunkie 05-07-2009 02:16 PM

ok i feel like an idiot, i was busy looking at the fine print, and on a big ass label it says 18% oil..... so then i assume it must be 3.6%of castor and 14.4 % of synthetic lube like mentioned above

*edit* the jusg says 2&4 Cylcle,
Regardless of the lube type synthetic/castor/or both, i'll still use the fuel, i would just like to know what i'm using... and i wont pay almost 30 bux for "Top of the Line" name brand fuel

carrellh 05-07-2009 02:46 PM

Phone calls are fairly cheap.....

MetallicaJunkie 05-07-2009 03:36 PM

`i called, the tech was gone for the day.....ill try tomorrow

Hobbsy 05-08-2009 08:45 AM

http://www.wildcatfuels.com/container.html

MJ, this should tell you what you want to know, clicking on the jugs on the page before will get you the %s of each blend.

MetallicaJunkie 05-16-2009 12:48 AM

thanks Hobsy

bayward 05-18-2009 11:17 AM

Icalled Wildcat this morning and yes, Wildcat does indeed make allthePatriot R/C fuels sold by Hobbytown. It is the same exact fuel with a different label on it.

In my case Ihad been using the Wildcat Premium Extra 15%. Which is a synthetic / castor blend at80% / 20% ratio and anoverall 18% oil content. Under the Patriot R/C label Iwas told to get the 15% Supreme which is the same exact fuel as the Wildcat Premium Extra 15%.

So there you have it straight from Wildcat's mouth. Or almost anyway. From them to me to you. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif

Bob Hayward

mike early 05-18-2009 11:40 AM

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">"15% Supreme is the same exact fuel as the Wildcat Premium Extra 15%"</span><div><font size="3" face="Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">
</span></font></div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">Now we know.  Thanks a lot, good man.
</span><div><font size="3" face="Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">
</span></font></div><div><font size="3" face="Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">
</span></font></div></div>

captaincrunch 04-26-2010 10:40 AM

If your looking for 4-stroke fuel at Hobbytown, They have two Patriot RC fuels that look identical on the label (10 or 15% nitro and 18% oil content) but one costs $3.00 more and states it's for 2 or 4-cycle. I did some research and found that the 2 or 4-cycle blend contains all synthetic oil and the other blend is 80% synthetic and 20% castor which is not stated on the labels. 4-stroke engine manufacturers encourage the use of full synthetic oil with no castor. The extra 3 bucks is for all synthetic vs a 80/20 mix.

w8ye 04-26-2010 10:02 PM

I use the Wildcat 10% Premium Extra in my four strokes mostly. And it has the castor oil I bought two cases at Toledo

I also have some Wildcat 20-20 that runs nice n my Saitos. I have a couple cases of this too.

I didn't like the regular Wildcat premium. I added a small amount of castor oil to it. I burned twelve gallons of it last summer.

There is no Hobby Town near me

captaincrunch 04-27-2010 09:27 AM

I found something interesting about an all synthetic lubricant and a 80/20 synthetic/castor mix in my saito .56 FS. I was using the rest of an almost empty gallon of 80/20 for break-in purposes and noted the exhaust and head temperatures while running at a rich setting . The exhaust temp was under 100 deg. and the head temp was 160 deg. When I switched to all synthetic with the same nitro (10%) the exhaust temp went up to 160 deg. and the head temp went up to 250 deg. The carb setting was still set to 2 1/2 turns out (rich setting for break-in). RPM was under 4000 in both cases. Now why in the heck is that??? Does a castor mix run cooler??

kristj179 05-17-2010 05:29 PM

i looked for patriot glow fuel under hobby town web site. they said they don,,t carry that fuel? can i purchase another way?

w8ye 05-18-2010 12:33 AM

The Hobby Town Web site appears to be written for the lady looking for something for a loved one?

It is not very complete.

From visiting a few Hobby Towns in different parts of the country, I have not seen the same fuels at stores in different areas

In one, the fuels were all Morgan's fuels like Cool Power and Omega because that was the nearest fuel supplier.

In another, I saw Wildcat as it was near the Wildcat source.

You may also see private labels on their fuel.

I'm sure the fuels they stock are good

It doesn't work out well for fuel to be purchased over the Internet for the UPS shipper charges outrageous prices to ship a gallon or a case of fuel.

Fuel has to be shipped motor carrier by skid lots from business to business. It is generally not economically feasible for an individual to purchase fuel shipped to him because of the order quantity problem.

However, if a group of people or a club can get together and buy a 100 gallons on a skid, then everyone will be happy.

I have heard of a group getting an order together and and making a run with a truck to the not too distant fuel supplier for a purchase.

Augie11 06-05-2010 10:10 AM

I've used the Patriot 15% fuel with 18% (20/80) for several years in all my engines, 2 stroke and 4 stroke. I bring whatever fuel I use up to 20% with an extra shot of castor. Yes, I feel it runs cooler and is less subject to corrosion (bring a few extra paper towels!).

garywaters 04-03-2013 03:25 AM

Why did Wildcat keep their Name off the
patriot Label ??     is it realy the same  quality ??