Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

my nutech TB-2 with a proline rat body

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

my nutech TB-2 with a proline rat body

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my nutech TB-2 with a proline rat body

well i had saved my old proline rat body from my baja and I figured I would put it to good use on my nutech TB-2 and it fit perfectly.. I did not change a thing, I had to cut the hole in the back a tad bigger for the motor that was about it, I did nothing to the wheel wells etc.. this was how it fit on the baja.. I do not know if the proline trofeo body is bigger? then this one or not but this body is a perfect fit on the NUTECHS..

Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: my nutech TB-2 with a proline rat body

nice, mind giving some FR and Rear pics?
I have a TB2 as well and I'm looking for a sick body to put on it.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: Sherv

nice, mind giving some FR and Rear pics?
I have a TB2 as well and I'm looking for a sick body to put on it.

I can,but now I have my TB2 wide body back on so I have to take my wing mount all back off[]..I will see what I can do for you[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
mooman007uk

the rat does fit perfectly..only issue with them on the nutech is the back end gets mashed pretty good, saying that I guess it would on any truck without a good rear bumper...despite about 3 tubes of shoegoo and yards of fibre tape i still ripped the ass end off 2 rat bodies though it does take a while. after my jeep body goes south i'll probably get another rat but this time weld a chmoly bumper to the back of my cage..they do look real cool

Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 AM
hndaman1

the only thing is they do not make the rat body any more[][] only the trofeo body we might be able to find some somewhere, I know scott found some @ some hobby shop I think he is planning on buying them up..[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-05-2010, 10:31 AM
mooman007uk

really? I emailed proline a few months back and they reckoned they were still going to make them as they fit, MCD, rampig and nutechs...if they're discontinued now then I'll have to pick up a couple...i know of a few stores that still have them
Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM
hndaman1

thats what I heard that the ywere not going to make them any more? but I still see them on tower hobbies also but not on the proline website

http://prolineracing.com/1-5-buggy-truck-bodies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWKP5&P=7
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

The body wasn't a very good fit on the 5T. It was a little too short. The Trulfio body is quite a bit longer, with more body overhanging from the front/rear tires.

The Desert Rat looks great on your trucks! I would call Proline and let them know that the Desert Rat does fit alternative models. They already have the mold, so if they know there is demand, they will probably keep making them.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Nutech Racing

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

well i had saved my old proline rat body from my baja and I figured I would put it to good use on my nutech TB-2 and it fit perfectly.. I did not change a thing, I had to cut the hole in the back a tad bigger for the motor that was about it, I did nothing to the wheel wells etc.. this was how it fit on the baja.. I do not know if the proline trofeo body is bigger? then this one or not but this body is a perfect fit on the NUTECHS..

I like the color!!! very nice[8D]
Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

The body wasn't a very good fit on the 5T. It was a little too short. The Trulfio body is quite a bit longer, with more body overhanging from the front/rear tires.

The Desert Rat looks great on your trucks! I would call Proline and let them know that the Desert Rat does fit alternative models. They already have the mold, so if they know there is demand, they will probably keep making them.

I sent them an email and this is what they said.

"Thank you for supporting Pro-Line products. Unfortunately, the body has already been declared discontinued. It should be around for some time as many of our distributors still have them in stock, and we do as well. If you are ever in need and cant find one, feel free to contact me and I will point you in the right Direction. I can tell you it was discontinued because of our newer Trofeo body.

We currently release new products on the 1st and 15th of the month. Please let me know if you would like to be added to our e-mail listing and be automatically updated with new product information as items are released.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will be more than happy to help in any way.

Thank you and have a great day!"

I told them it fit many models other then just the baja.. the trofeo body is UGLY in my opinion even on the baja..

Old 10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
mooman007uk

that's a bummer, sounds like there's plenty still around though if they've still got stock
Old 10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

that's a bummer, sounds like there's plenty still around though if they've still got stock
all else fails I can vacuum form over this one and make my own I seen it done on 5thscale racing[sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]