Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Anyone running the DTX Fire Hammer M/T?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Anyone running the DTX Fire Hammer M/T?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
1MoreMinute
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the DTX Fire Hammer M/T?

Hey guys, anyone running this Monster Truck at all?

Long story short, basically my friend had one that he sold me for a price I just couldn't refuse etc. So I picked it up. Needs a little work to make her solid. I was wondering where you guys get your parts from other than Tower and also whats good upgrades to it if any, shes pretty much stock but the engine has a bunch of Chrome outer parts on it and the pull start cover has DDMracing on it, could thatbe theirengine or is it possible itsjust a kit to shine up your engine? How wouldI find out whats in it? It has CY on theside so its a Sikkmotor?Did these trucks come stock with this one?

On another site, people were saying FG parts will work for this truck. That site seems a little dead so I figured Id come here and bother you guys!! .

Please let me know.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Sherv

Default RE: Anyone running the DTX Fire Hammer M/T?

Do a search in this forum, there is a member here who is very knowledgeable on that platform. the Carson/Smartech/DTX are all the same and as I understand there is a list somewhere around here that states what FG parts fit. From what I understand the stock motor has 3 bolts for the top end? it was something funky but a reliable engine.
And fg part supplying store is your best bet once you find the list.

Oh yea i think the users name is Slawhammer. He completely rebuilt his firehammer

I found the forum post by slawhammer. Take a look it will explain all of the issues he has had to deal with, workarounds, and what fg parts fit. A bit of a read but worth it.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_77..._1/key_/tm.htm

If I were you... I would just get rid of it. It sounds like a huge headache.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM
mooman007uk

Yep Roger is the FH guru...not been around of late though...his FH is now all FG I believe so would have been much cheaper to just start with an FG. The FH aint all that bad, my first 1/5 was one with a bunch of FG parts but i think it's no longer being sold in the US. The FH along with carson/smartech are the better of the FG clones there are others that are total crap...ie sheng qi. (smartech make the DTX and Carson) As for parts for the FH you're stuck with tower hobbies, you could get them from hobbythek if you want to give lots of your money away
the motor is a chang yung which is a clone of a zenoah 2 bolt...

You got 2 choices run it and replace parts that break/wear out with FG where possible or as suggested sell it and buy an FG
Old 11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
1MoreMinute

Thanks for all the info guys, I got that link and started to read it only on page 4 tho!!, long read.

I am going to keep it and see how she does, if its nothing but problems than ill sell it and get a better one. But Ive watched countless videos of this truck and people beat the crap out of it and it keeps going. All I really want to do it just to putz around the house and when we go out on our boat to bring it to the islands with my RC gasoline boat. I'm not planning on racing it just fun for me and my 10 year old boy.

I am learning alot from what people are saying in that thread so Ill beef up whats weak in it and go from their, but this truck already has some aftermarket parts so some is done already for me.

Again guys thanks for the info, and if anyone else has more please chime in.

Thank you,
Mike
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slawhammers thread is a long read, but it is a good read. Hope Roger is doing well, he hasn't been around here for a long while now[] All the upgrades he have done is not neccessary upgrades, or to put it another way, you don't have to do them to get a bomb proof car! Maybe it is enough with stock plastic parts if something breaks on your car

Hope you don't have the economy like a shoe salesman I see Al in your avatar I love this guy!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 PM
1MoreMinute

Hey Lars, I know, I also hope hes ok. That's crazy with what he has been through. Ive seen you in that thread alot helping, good for you!!

I love Al also, Married With Children is awesome!! I wanna buy all the seasons on DVD. Great show.

Finding some parts isnt as easy as it was I guess, alot of those links are now no good. But Tower and DDMs seems to have some stuff. Eventually Id like to start modding some things but wanna see how she does in its current form. Just need to order a couple parts that were broken on her to get her running. Soon enough!!

I wanna find a trailer for my gasoline boat, than get a hitch for the FH and tow the boat!! That would be sweet. Do you know who sells those by chance? Ive done some searching and only seen pictures of them, no linkies tho!!

Thanks Lars,

Mike

Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Lars from Norway

It is crazy indeed. Hope he is all well, but for he being silent for so long i am starting to worry.

There are a lot of "household mods" you can do on your car without having to buy almost anything at all, but wait and see with the parts to see how good or long they are holding up.

I have not seen any trailers for boats, but i am sure they exist somewhere. Keep on searching for pictures, then make your own trailer! No worse than that Use a worn out ball from the suspension on your car, bolt it on the rear of the chassiplate, and attatch the joint on the drag on the trailer.

Wow, this sounded a bit too norwegian to me, hope you understand what i mean here

My favourite-line from Al is when this huuuge woman was entering the shoe store, asking for a pair of shoes that fits her. Which upon Al replies; "Try Wyoming" LOL!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Nutech Racing

Try this link, you can find find fire hammer parts here.

http://www.nutechracingusa.com/smartechracing.aspx
Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Funny this should pop up Lars. I used to IM with Roger quite a bit when he 1st got into RC with his CEN MT Nitro. It's probably been about a year or so since he went silent and suddenly about a week ago, I got a email. It was from Slawhammer .. BUT ... a great big ol virus warning popped up. I didn't want any grief, so I didn't open it.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Lars from Norway

nomobux; try to send Roger a pm, maybe he gets notified by mail.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:57 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

nomobux; try to send Roger a pm, maybe he gets notified by mail.
Ok, I will. I did leave one on IM. If he logs on, he should get that. He hasn't been on here since March.