Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Shengqi Baja

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shengqi Baja

Hello All

I am new to the car forums as I mainly fly RC Turbine jets and other planes. I thought however that I would buy a Shengqi Baja and have a little on the ground fun.

It arrived today and I am pleased to say that it has a half decent 10 model memory computer 2.4 Ghz radio with it. Because this radio is new it only has the instructions for the old 27Mgz radio.

The transmitter is a NG-3LT and the receiver is a NGRX 8210G. Does anyone have any instructions for these. The receiver has an inbuilt failsafe but I cannot see how to set it.

Any help would be appreciated

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43638.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1529311  
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Shengqi Baja

can you provide a better shot of the radio?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Here is a pic of the radio

Regards

Dennis

Name:	Nl28886.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1529376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65157.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	1529377  
Old 12-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks just a clone of the Airtronics 2.4GHz radio, so I assume that manual will work for yours.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
DarkFire989

Be very careful with that airfilter. It does not like dirt at all. I would get a new one.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

I have done a google search and it does look similar and the functions seem the same. I found the manual but the file is damaged and I cant download it. Anyone know where their might be a manual or how to set the failsafe

Regards

Dennis
Old 12-02-2010, 01:40 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Be very careful with that airfilter. It does not like dirt at all. I would get a new one.
Thanks for the advice but I will run it stock. This is only a little diversion for me as I mainly fly planes. Thanks for the advice anyway

Dennis
Old 12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Lars from Norway

You have been warned about the filter! If you are going to use this, and at the same time not ruin the engine, do drive on a parking lot which is brushed free -or vacuumcleaned- from dust before you drive there.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

You have been warned about the filter! If you are going to use this, and at the same time not ruin the engine, do drive on a parking lot which is brushed free -or vacuumcleaned- from dust before you drive there.
If you look at the start of this thread I was asking about the radio. There are always those that want to buy a complete product then decide that half of it is c**p and replace most of the model. This always makes me smile as they think they know more about the product than the people that made it. You may or may not be correct, But I was rather hoping that I might get a little information on the radio as was the point of this thread. If the filter as supplied does not work and the engine gets ruined I will send it back as not fit for purpose. I do not buy a product just to spend more money replacing parts that may not be up to scratch.

So any one know about the radio

Regards

Dennis
Old 12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
noyb98098
My Feedback: (1)

I think Darkfire and Lars were just trying to spare you from going through the warranty process, which you will most definetly end up going through if you dont change the filter. I had a similar fitler on my Hpi baja 5b and it ended up costing me a new headkit. Considering what I've heard about that company (shengqi) and their support you'll have a heck of a time convincing them it was their product... All the while a simple filter change could've prevented the whole thing.

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

If you look at the start of this thread I was asking about the radio. There are always those that want to buy a complete product then decide that half of it is c**p and replace most of the model. This always makes me smile as they think they know more about the product than the people that made it. You may or may not be correct, But I was rather hoping that I might get a little information on the radio as was the point of this thread. If the filter as supplied does not work and the engine gets ruined I will send it back as not fit for purpose. I do not buy a product just to spend more money replacing parts that may not be up to scratch.

So any one know about the radio

Regards

Dennis
Old 12-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Lars from Norway

Hear hear!^^ Exactly. It is easier and less hassle to just buy a new filter, than having to go through that process i guess. And in some cases i feel i actually do know more than the people that have made the car when looking at the description of their cars. They often provide a good laugh in addition to the information.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 PM
DarkFire989

This isnt the 2.4ghz version. But its a similar radio. See if it helps.....
[link]http://rcdocuments.com/Airtronics_MX-3_Manual.pdf[/link]

Ehh.... Maybe not. I'll keep looking.

And seriously. That air filter is the kiss of death for that motor if your going to run in the dirt. At least stick a oiled foam filter inside it.

Whats it worth to you. A cheap foam, or a 300$ motor?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:59 PM
bbuzzard

Well, back to the radio question...I would invest in getting a killswitch vs. relying on the failsafe. The failsafe will not work if you lose power on the buggy and you might end up with a 30lb runaway. The failsafe is cool if you are sure you aren't near anything valuable or worth an insurance claim.

FYI, there a number of us that have Baja clones and we know what we are talking about regarding the deficiencies of the various models out the box. If you can't handle some insight or suggestions, you may get burned. BTW, did you purchase this from a local dealer and if not, what is the so-called warranty implied on your car?

peace!
b
Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
inteva6184

So let me try to understand you. You wont take good advice from members that will extend the life of your motor. Your reason for this is because you bought a cheap knock off and now dont want to put any money into it? So what youre telling me is your knock off or really any rc car should be perfect and you shouldnt have to do any upgrades? Ya I hear ya Iwould much rather deal with warranty claims to a knock off company than install a 10 dollar filter haha.With an attitude like that I honestly hope your motor trashes itself and I hope this company laughs at you when you attempt to return it.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I do not buy a product just to spend more money replacing parts that may not be up to scratch.

If the car didn't come with the correct manual for the radio I wouldn't have any great expectations regarding the quality of the car itself...

Contact Mr Shengqi and ask him for the correct manual perhaps?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:33 PM
bbuzzard

Mr Shengqi is chillin' on his clone yacht and he ain't taking no calls...

Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

This always makes me smile as they think they know more about the product than the people that made it.
You mean HPI Racing? They designed and made it. Take a look at the HPI 5B air filter if you want to know what your filter is SUPPOSED to be.

(Sorry couldn't help it)
Old 12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Ok I will sort out the filter. Now does anyone know about the radio. That was after all the question I asked.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:38 AM
bbuzzard

<cite>www.shengqigroup.com/

That's all I could find and if they don't have the info, you may be out of luck for now.
</cite>
Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

That's all I could find and if they don't have the info, you may be out of luck for now.
</cite>

I dont think you understood the question. I know who makes it and I know who Ibouth it from the the UK (Mail Order) I am getting little help from each of them so I thought I would try here if anyone had a similar issue or might be able to shed any light

Dennis
Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

</cite>

I dont think you understood the question. I know who makes it and I know who Ibouth it from the the UK (Mail Order) I am getting little help from each of them so I thought I would try here if anyone had a similar issue or might be able to shed any light

Dennis
Sorry you wont find the information you are looking for. However if you did know the popular chinese languages you may have better luck at the chinese clone forum (dont recall the address but its all in chinese). Unfortunately due to the poor support of clone manufacturers it is hard to get any english information/support. You can try contacting the dealer you bought it from but thats as far as you are going to get. Most people would throw out the stock controller and use their aftermarket one so its going to be even harder to find info in english because of this.
It's not like we are trying to avoid helping you. This information is just almost nonexistent in english. I'm sure if you knew chinese dialects you would still have a very hard time finding the information but im sure its out there in chinese somewhere.

However the massproduced cheap controllers are always rebranded for other companies to sell so if you find another brand but similar model (physical look/button layout/lcd laytou) then you might have some luck. Scout some of the cheap chinese shops online for a controller like it and then lookup the model online for some info.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sherv

</cite>

Dennis
Sorry you wont find the information you are looking for. However if you did know the popular chinese languages you may have better luck at the chinese clone forum (dont recall the address but its all in chinese). Unfortunately due to the poor support of clone manufacturers it is hard to get any english information/support. You can try contacting the dealer you bought it from but thats as far as you are going to get. Most people would throw out the stock controller and use their aftermarket one so its going to be even harder to find info in english because of this.
It's not like we are trying to avoid helping you. This information is just almost nonexistent in english. I'm sure if you knew chinese dialects you would still have a very hard time finding the information but im sure its out there in chinese somewhere.

However the massproduced cheap controllers are always rebranded for other companies to sell so if you find another brand but similar model (physical look/button layout/lcd laytou) then you might have some luck. Scout some of the cheap chinese shops online for a controller like it and then lookup the model online for some info.

Many thanks for this. I dont want to scrap the controller as it looks quite a good one. 10 Model Memories, 2.4 Gig, ABS and many other functions. It is because it is quite good that I would like the instructions. I can sus most of it it is just the failsafe I cant qwork out. I am generally not into cars as I tend to fly planes I have over 110 rc planes and 12 Turbine jets all ready to go so am happy to use the supplied controller as I only have 2 cars.

I also donot believe in ditching the included components because if peopl just do this they firms will never improve. I actually think this controller is a good improvement so want to stick with it. I mean who would expect a 2.4 gig comtroller with 10 model memories thrown in. It is similar to the Airtronics one but I cant get the instructios for that either. I found them on the net bu the file was corupt.

As you can see I also have a issue with people whos answer is offten...... You bought cheap what do you expect. This is not always the case and I actually think the buggy is very good value for money.

Dennis
Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 AM
mooman007uk

there should be a failsafe option somewhere in the menu on the handset, you'll have to scroll thru all the options cos they're often a sub heading within a heading such as manage models or advanced settings. once you find that it should have a screen asking set failsafe, answer yes then it should ask you to hold the position you want ( steering straight, brakes on) and then press a button to affirm. had a few different handsets and as long as it's lcd you should be able find it somewhere.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Rallyfinnen

The failsafe position of the servos on some radios is programmed by pressing the 'learn' button on the rx with power on (on tx and rx) then the rx learns the current position of the servos, and will go to that position if tx signal is corrupted/lost.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Well I have worked out how to set the failsafe. There is a small hole on the RX that says 'set' . If you power it all up and prod a cocktail stick in the hole and hold the small butting down the light flashes and this sets the failsafe. Now if I switch all on and hold full throttle and thn switch of the TX the throttle servo returns to idle. So that bit is sorted. I now just want to find what 2.4 System this is working on so that I might buy some additional receivers for my other 2 cars. Here is a pic of the receiver

I went to my local hobby shop today and tried to bind 4 different 2.4 receivers and none of them would work. It must be possible to buy these somewhere

Dennis

Name:	Jh16619.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1530125  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.