Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Is this any good?

Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 AM
noyb98098
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this any good?

Was on facebook and an ad for this came up.. http://www.rbinnovations.com/Hyper_C...r_p/ra6000.htm Anybody seen it before?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 AM
DarkFire989

Default RE: Is this any good?

RB Innovations usually isnt known for their products. I would pass, looks neat, but that air intake is on the wrong kind of vehicle.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks kinda slick though! [8D]
Old 12-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Paul1981

It looks slick, but I can't see what possible use it would be.  Look at the size of that huge filter inside, then compare it to the size of the air intakes on the "blower".  On an exposed engine like the 5b has, air flow into those intakes may not be too much of a problem, but I suspect that any model with a bodyshell that covers the engine might struggle to breathe properly; air flow under some bodyshells is slightly limited as it is and that intake being so high up might be a problem.  But then again, RB Innovations are famous for making supercharging kits for valveless 2-stroke engines, which (from most comments I've read) seem to be about as much use as **** on fish, so, it's probably just another gimmick.  And how exactly does it "allow for a cleaner and cooler air charge"?  The pictured Baja can't be a running model anyway; did anyone else notice that the fuel line isn't connected to the carb?

Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

for this filter to even work it needs to allow for a very smooth flow of air plus 60+ mph speed for it start having a positive "Air Ram" effect. In other words useless for everyday application.