Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

5th Scale Brushless Buggy RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 5th Scale Brushless Buggy RTR

well, i decided to try and get the xb-e.
i have to sell my KM baja. if i can sell it locally for the right price, then ill buy the buggy.
my km is alot of fun....but there are many places i like to take my RC's that i wont take the baja to, due to how loud it is.

dont get me wrong, i LOVE the sound she makes. but i often do RCing when taking my familly places(lake, park, rec) and those places are not suitable for driving the baja.

i may not get a good enough offer for the baja. in that case, i will just keep it. im not gonna take $300 for something i have $800 into. but if i get a fair offer, i have enough extra cash on hand to buy the xb-e.

so we will see. i may just end up with one!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean. Running nitro or gas would severly limit my play due to noise. I've come to love brushless power though from the moment I had my first. Yea the audio is comparitively dull, but the power and cleanliness make up for it IMO. I just wonder if this buggy and motor will handle 8s. Guess I'll have to clear some stuff and find out!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:14 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Maj_Overdrive

I know what you mean. Running nitro or gas would severly limit my play due to noise. I've come to love brushless power though from the moment I had my first. Yea the audio is comparitively dull, but the power and cleanliness make up for it IMO. I just wonder if this buggy and motor will handle 8s. Guess I'll have to clear some stuff and find out!
i believe the specs on the ESC show it rated for 6s.
its a ezrun 150amp.

i do wonder if redcat has it geared to the max. in my experience with their brushless 1/10, they gear them conservatively. so, maybe one can gear up the buggy a tad.
in the vids its clear it has plenty of "low end" grunt.
if i am able to sell my KM baja and buy one, i will experiment with the gearing alittle. tho, at 40+mph out of the box i think it will be plenty fast for a 1/5 scale.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*not to confuse your decision...MCD is releasing an electric version of their Race Runner

i am sure the price will be way higher than the XBE but it's somethng to look at....[8D]
Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

*not to confuse your decision...MCD is releasing an electric version of their Race Runner

i am sure the price will be way higher than the XBE but it's somethng to look at....[8D]
got a link to it?
im sure i will get the redcat, but id like to take a look at the MCD.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
bbuzzard

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10310109/tm.htm
Old 02-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats like comparing an AMG Benz to a Hyundai tiburon.

I see HPI provided them with the 1/5th scale setupd. wish there were some vids of it, I'd like to see how fast it goes in that race runner.

EDIT: I meant CC. I'm used to owning HPI products with CC solutions in it. Brain fart.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I see HPI provided them with the 1/5th scale setupd. wish there were some vids of it, I'd like to see how fast it goes in that race runner.
agreed, that chassis looks very nice. it looks like a very tough frame, very durable. wish the link gave some specs on it tho.
a honda civic can be a fun car tho, for those of us that cant afford the amg benz
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 PM
migurami23

How did HPI provide then with the set up? What I see is the Castle Creation Mamba XL Combo.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the hobbywing esc can only do 6s, I'd definitely swap in the new Castle Mamba XL for 8s. More voltage is more efficient with lower temps and more torque if geared for the same top speed. I found more specs for the motor on Redcats site, 5mm shaft, 44mmx85mm. Still curious if it's a 2 or 4 pole, spur gear pitch, tire diameter and overall gearing because I like to plan ahead. If someone could provide some of that info when they get theirs I'd appreciate it.

The motor will probably handle the 8s fine. The body doesn't look like it offers much airflow, probably part of the reason for he heatsink. I'd probably add a fan to it for insurance. Just thinking aloud here.

Oooo, MCD. Sooo tempting! At least we have more choices these days.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
bbuzzard

EDIT: I meant CC. I'm used to owning HPI products with CC solutions in it. Brain fart.

So how do you compare that electric Nutech buggy to the MCD and the XBE?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Here are all the details:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQWkf1n8ik&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhopKxgW2Y&feature=related[/youtube]
*** Edited for off topic, inflammatory content by Dale Gribble**
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
PejaPolo

lol dont make urself look stupid. this guy tests and is the number one guy for redcat racing in designing concepts and fixing whatever is wrong with them. he doesnt even live in america so i dont really think him having perfect english is much of a conern. learn a little respect when the guy knows more about rc than you can comprehend....yes thats right and if u dont believe me go watch the hundreds of vids with his "accent" but vast knowledge of every kind of possible rc.
ORIGINAL: ntrain42

** Edited by Dale Gribble, reply to edited thread ***
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

are you really that dense?
what if the language that majority of the world could understand was french and you were tasked with marketing a new product. Your english accent would make your french funny. Anyway Alishamao is a marketing/hypeman same with the guy who does the reviews for horizonhobby/losi products. They barely ever have anything negative to say. They are not a good source of information about a products quality, duribility, and issues. But they are good for showing what is included in the package, q simple test run, and hype.

I find your comment insulting... Insulting to my intelligence.
A) you made fun of a persons height
B) you made fun of a persons nationality
C) you made fun of a persons english when english is not their native tongue
D) you mentioned walmart

Old 02-10-2011, 05:19 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: PejaPolo

lol dont make urself look stupid. this guy tests and is the number one guy for redcat racing in designing concepts and fixing whatever is wrong with them. he doesnt even live in america so i dont really think him having perfect english is much of a conern. learn a little respect when the guy knows more about rc than you can comprehend....yes thats right and if u dont believe me go watch the hundreds of vids with his "accent" but vast knowledge of every kind of possible rc.
If this is the main design/problem solver for Redcat racing, then no wonder they have such a poor reputation for large scale cars........LOL! Sorry, what you just told me, did not inspire any confidence in this mfg...........

Sorry, but I don't want someone who bathes with his cow on a monthly basis designing my large scale rig, LOL!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cPZ0o-yK0[/youtube]
Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 AM
ntrain42

are you really that dense?
what if the language that majority of the world could understand was french and you were tasked with marketing a new product. Your english accent would make your french funny. Anyway Alishamao is a marketing/hypeman same with the guy who does the reviews for horizonhobby/losi products. They barely ever have anything negative to say. They are not a good source of information about a products quality, duribility, and issues. But they are good for showing what is included in the package, q simple test run, and hype.

I find your comment insulting... Insulting to my intelligence.
A) you made fun of a persons height
B) you made fun of a persons nationality
C) you made fun of a persons english when english is not their native tongue
D) you mentioned walmart

A. I am American, so I have the god given right to make fun of all nationalities not of my country!
B. Short people are funny.
C. Indian people are the new Mexicans of the world, of course I made fun ofthe cow patties nationality!
D. If you can't speak English natively and without accent, then stay on the other side of the border please!
E. Wal-Mart and more specifically how Wal-mart maximises profit at the sheer expense of cheap labor here and overseas ISTHEAMERICANWAY! EXPLOITATION! Its what America is all about. My family is very rich thanks to Wal-Mart and Home Depot stocks! Nothing like hiring a wetback at $7.25 an hour while your stocks make 100to 1000times that every day.
The only work I do is click on to Ameritrade!
F. Watch the you tube video in the post above me for more of my views.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Obeast44

Just for referance Ali is Pakistani by birth and lives in China working for Redcat. He is a very nice guy and is a pleasure to chat with, unlike you. Do us all a favor and keep your douchebaggery out of this thread. If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic, don't post. Its pretty simple.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: Obeast44

Just for referance Ali is Pakistani by birth and lives in China working for Redcat.
LOL! Like thats any better? LOL! Same difference. So he is a traveling mexican. I'll stick with HPI, And other companies that actually make a worthwhile product thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: Obeast44

Just for referance Ali is Pakistani by birth and lives in China working for Redcat.
LOL! Like thats any better? LOL! Same difference. So he is a traveling mexican. [img][/img] I'll stick with HPI, And other companies that actually make a worthwhile product thanks.
Jesus man you are a serious *****, of course you already knew that didn't you.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 AM
bbuzzard

I hope you know that Ali is a member of this board...this type of racist banter is inappropriate here!

We have enough China bashing but now this, SMH!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 AM
ntrain42

Im not being racist at all, Im just an Elitist! People make fun of AMericans all the time. Nothing wrong with returning the favor. Eitherway, Redcat products belong in Walmart with the rest of their followers. Need my stocks to go up y'know.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 AM
bbuzzard

WOW....[X(]
Old 02-10-2011, 09:21 AM
RedcatRacing

Im not being racist at all, Im just an Elitist! People make fun of AMericans all the time. Nothing wrong with returning the favor. Eitherway, Redcat products belong in Walmart with the rest of their followers. Need my stocks to go up y'know.

You can make fun of Redcat the company all you want, but choosing to insult someone based on how they sound, how they look or where they are from, is simply not a nice thing to do.

Darin
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

You can make fun of Redcat the company all you want, but choosing to insult someone based on how they sound, how they look or where they are from, is simply not a nice thing to do.

Darin
Nah, Im not insulting anyone actually.......not the way you think anyway.And I am far from aracist. But I do like sarcasm that targets ANY and ALL nationalities,and those vids just ask for it. The first one specifically IMO comes across quite demeaning to the folks its target'd towards(like our IQ is that of an over ripe banana, or we are8 years old)they way some of the features are shown off. I'm sorry, but if the guy was of any different nationality and presented the product that way I still would have made fun of it and the person doing the presentation. Take it for what it is.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
SMOKEFAN

It doesnt matter anything Redcat is a POS. Im waiting for them to do another " bring your truck out " event in AZ so my losi and MGT can show them POS how it's done. Any R/C car you can buy from a Tool Truck is Garbage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.