Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Samba / F1 FG question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 AM
culky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samba / F1 FG question

Hello all,

I'm looking to replace the stock pipe on my FG Comp F1 and was thinking about a Samba. I'm confused about how the options stack up though. As I understand it, they are;

Samba F1 (with the 'up and over' carbon can) looks to be pretty quite because of the overall length
Samba F1 G pipe. Does this come with a ceramic coating as standard? It looks to have less length and bulk which I guess gives it lightness and less back-pressure at the expense of noise?
Samba F1 G RMC pipe. Not sure what the RMC moniker means...

I've deliberately left out the Ti option because although it's super-sexy it's out of my price range

Thanks for any help and advice!
Darren
Old 12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
mike_humphreys

Default RE: Samba / F1 FG question

ORIGINAL: culky

Hello all,

I'm looking to replace the stock pipe on my FG Comp F1 and was thinking about a Samba. I'm confused about how the options stack up though. As I understand it, they are;

Samba F1 (with the 'up and over' carbon can) looks to be pretty quite because of the overall length
Samba F1 G pipe. Does this come with a ceramic coating as standard? It looks to have less length and bulk which I guess gives it lightness and less back-pressure at the expense of noise?
Samba F1 G RMC pipe. Not sure what the RMC moniker means...

I've deliberately left out the Ti option because although it's super-sexy it's out of my price range

Thanks for any help and advice!
Darren

Are you sure it's RMC not DMC - DMC is the German governing body and pipes that carry that mark are legal in the German championship.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:24 PM
culky

Hi Mike, thanks for the response. It was definitely RMC and not DMC, although your explanation of DMC would make perfect sense.

I've done a little bit more digging on the ModelCargo website and I've found RMC refers to 'removable cap' which makes for easier cleaning. I found the explanation in the online shop, relating to a different pipe. That's one mystery solved
Old 12-30-2010, 01:43 AM
culky

With some time to do a bit more research (I found the ModelCargo forum), I think I've managed to answer my own question:

F1 'G' pipe:
The new batch of our very successful Formula 1 pipe is now available with the new ceramic coating. High temperature resistance keeps the heat in the pipe to increase engine performance. There is also a new way of mounting on the car. We use a clamp to fix the pipe as flexible as possible with no risk of getting loose on the car.
F1 'G RMC' pipe:
Small changes make improvement on low power.
This pipe has also a removable cap system for easy cleaning.
I think most are homologated by the DMC.

I think I'll go for a basic F1 pipe and save some pennies to spend on bodyshells.

PS if anyone has any build info/photos for the FG Comp F1 Hydro I'd appreciate it. I've not built one before.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:23 AM
kiyoung

Try here.

http://www.rcbigscaleforum.nl/forum/...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Old 12-30-2010, 06:58 AM
culky

Just what I was after! Thanks a million [sm=thumbup.gif]