Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Samba or Jetpro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:50 AM
tizdaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samba or Jetpro?

hi guys

at the mo i have a DDM Dom (torque) but i have the FG MB Pro, the problem is that i dont like the way the dom pipe wraps around the back end of my MB (too exposed for my liking... or driving!

So ive decided to sell my Dom & either get a Samba or Jetpro, just not sure which is best?

heres the ones im looking at:

Samba:

Jetpro:

any ideas which ?

i mainly use my MB for bashing,jumping etc & im more interested in power than speed ^^
Old 12-31-2010, 09:17 AM
mike_humphreys

Default RE: Samba or Jetpro?

I'd go for the Samba or Meilke every time what ever car I use, Jetpro & DDM have no race pedigree that I've ever seen where as the other do.

Mike
Old 12-31-2010, 10:14 AM
bentley marshall

i had a sumba on my marder great pipe nice smooth power and nice sound as well .....shame they dont make them for my nutech
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

I like jetpro for bashing, great power band, and they are relatively cheap compared to the others.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
speedypetey61

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All pipes react differently to each motor, so for someone to say out of the blue without knowing the details to your motor and what your looking to get out of it is pretty overlooked.
I haven't read your first post fully, but you should base your answer on data found out on the field that is using you type setup for the situation your looking at doing and go from there.

Choosing a pipe based on a manufacturers reputation for racing is just retarded, those same pipes may not work well on your stock motor..A tuned pipe is the most important upgrade you will put on your truck/car, not getting the most out of it is simply cheating yourself out of free power.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
mike_humphreys

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

All pipes react differently to each motor, so for someone to say out of the blue without knowing the details to your motor and what your looking to get out of it is pretty overlooked.
I haven't read your first post fully, but you should base your answer on data found out on the field that is using you type setup for the situation your looking at doing and go from there.

Choosing a pipe based on a manufacturers reputation for racing is just retarded, those same pipes may not work well on your stock motor..A tuned pipe is the most important upgrade you will put on your truck/car, not getting the most out of it is simply cheating yourself out of free power.
I've never read so much rubbish in all my life. You've obviously never been to a largescale meeting before or you will know that having looked around the pits you would have not seen DDM or Jetpro pipes on any of the cars. Now I'm sure for bashing, they're fine - as a racer I don't know and I have nothing against these pipes or the people who make them, but Samba, Meilke and RN Tuning are leading the way in racing without a doubt - because they work.

A tuned pipe is at the bottom of the list so far as mods go.

1, Knowing the car and how to set it up
2, A strong reliable car
3, Quality radio gear
4, Driving skill
5, Decent tyres
6, Tuned engine
7, Race clutch
8, Tuned pipe
The last three should be from race proven manufacturers and in an ideal world should be suited to what you're racing.

I am not a retard nor am I for or against any manufacturers but after 8 years of racing in the UK and Europe I have a good idea what I'm talking about.

Happy new year!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
PBJT

Tizdaz, I am making the same disicion. I have a FG MT and had a ddm torque pipe. I really liked the pipe but I bashed hard and had a tonne of fun but the pipe was too ridgid and exposed making me break engine mounts, and IMO causing head gaskets to fail. The section of the DDM that hangs out the back just took to much of a beating and stressed area's of the machine not designed for stress and especially impact. The other problem I had with the DDM is it was alway in the way when working on the machine, but am sure that can be said of any larger tuned pipe. I have since been bashing with the 3 piece FG pipe and really have no complaint. It takes a beating and I bend it back, I replace the rubber section often with High temp silicone 3/4 automotive heater hose and bash some more. BUT, I miss the sound and raw bottom end power of the ddm. So I am going to get the Jetpro one you pictured above.

Pete
Old 12-31-2010, 02:47 PM
speedypetey61

ORIGINAL: mike_humphreys

I've never read so much rubbish in all my life. You've obviously never been to a largescale meeting before or you will know that having looked around the pits you would have not seen DDM or Jetpro pipes on any of the cars. Now I'm sure for bashing, they're fine - as a racer I don't know and I have nothing against these pipes or the people who make them, but Samba, Meilke and RN Tuning are leading the way in racing without a doubt - because they work.

A tuned pipe is at the bottom of the list so far as mods go.

1, Knowing the car and how to set it up
2, A strong reliable car
3, Quality radio gear
4, Driving skill
5, Decent tyres
6, Tuned engine
7, Race clutch
8, Tuned pipe
The last three should be from race proven manufacturers and in an ideal world should be suited to what you're racing.

I am not a retard nor am I for or against any manufacturers but after 8 years of racing in the UK and Europe I have a good idea what I'm talking about.

Happy new year!

Buddy I have been into large scale for many years myself, but I don't consider myself a so called expert in UK/Europe racing..
One thing I know now is, by his first post it states nothing about RACING in a series nor does he mention any type of competition RC back ground, so right there I would rule out all your shenanigans about race motor, set up and blah blah blah.
1,2,4,5,6,7 are absolutely not a must, nor are they even an UPGRADE, these that you listed are simply the standard things to look for to prepare for competition.

I have delt with Lazslo from Samba for 10 years, I have worked with David from VRC directly (original maker of RN pipes) I have done my share of on road and off road racing and on top of that, this is not a battle between DDM and Samba?
Here in the USA the Samba stuff gets no credit, all you hear about is DDM or Jetpro and now VRC and a few others, I agree SAMBA makes great stuff including the Titanium collection, I have used the F1 and 5 version myself.
I simply stated a FACT that different pipes will work differently on different motors, thats all pal.

My personal opinion on this, I would stay away from the Samba off road pipes, they make the BEST on road pipes for RACE motors, there off road pipes seem to lack torque in the upper RMP band and it's a fact, many guys in the USA have done direct comparisons with different motors and Samba was made aware of it, just ask'em, I have been over this with Lazslo many times and he has had his sight on biting into the OFF ROAD US market, something they hold a very small percentage of sales in compared to the other pipe manufacturers...ON ROAD US Market? it's all theres, there is nobody else.

So put your guns away, I have nothing against Samba,Lazslo,DDM,JETPRO or You, just stating a fact.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
mike_humphreys

1, My "guns" are quite happy being packed away in the tool box thanks.
2, I've never said I was an expert - just that I've had experience
3, 1, 2 & 4 ARE a must and should be the goal of any racer/basher before they even think of any upgrades and are more important and any mods.

The original post asked for an opinion - I gave mine based on what I know.

look, we are all or atleast should be learning about the cars, set ups and driving, if someone asks a question they should get a civil reply be it fact or an opinion. If someone offers an answer or replies with an opinion - it shouldn't be slated or called retarted.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:08 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Just my 2 cents. Not sure what kind of running youre doing but here are my findings from experience. I have an FG baja that 2 years ago I went all out on trying to get the things that would make it go as fast as possible. What I ended up with was the JetPro Marder unsilenced pipe. Yes, I have a Samba (pictured above) which I tried but didnt get what I wanted. Baja went 93 tops with samba but would consistanly go into the high 90s with the JetPro. Motor was a 26cc TS. Again, thats just my personal experience with both pipe and no, Im not sponsered or have anything to do with either company.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 AM
tizdaz

@ PBJT
Hiya mate ...yeh same here, the DDM is defo to exposed at back end for bashing im prob leaning towards the samba, read up on them a bit & they seem a nice pipe for what i want, but the £70+ difference than the jetpro is a big difference, so unless i find a samba pipe at a decent price i will go for the jetpro

@ others!
Someone said they didnt read my post fully then commented, did i miss summit? lol

take a look at bottom! ..& my engine is a stock zenoah (26cc) if it was ported/tuned etc i would have said prob As i said in my original post, all i wanted was some feedback on those that may have had some experiance using both pipes on what they are like compared to each other. Also i did say what type of driving i do wit my MB Pro, Bashing, therefore i want power rather than speed, not my fault some people dont bother to read all of my post (wasnt alot really!) then comment! lol

ORIGINAL: tizdaz

hi guys

at the mo i have a DDM Dom (torque) but i have the FG MB Pro, the problem is that i dont like the way the dom pipe wraps around the back end of my MB (too exposed for my liking... or driving!

So ive decided to sell my Dom & either get a Samba or Jetpro, just not sure which is best?

heres the ones im looking at:

Samba:

Jetpro:

any ideas which ?

i mainly use my MB for bashing,jumping etc & im more interested in power than speed ^^
Old 01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
tizdaz

If someone offers an answer or replies with an opinion - it shouldn't be slated or called retarted.
ta mate

to be honest, whats amusing is that he admitted he didnt even read all of my post, then commented about how retarded the question was! lolz

anyway back to tpoic for those with a clue
Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM
speedypetey61

If someone offers an answer or replies with an opinion - it shouldn't be slated or called retarted.
ta mate

to be honest, whats amusing is that he admitted he didnt even read all of my post, then commented about how retarded the question was! lolz

Only part i didnt see until after my comment was at the bottom of your pictures which was " any ideas which ?

"

So your last sentence below the pictures would have made no diffence in my response, that is why i didn't edit it.
I didn't call anyone retarded, I simply stated to overlook something is retarded.

Go and buy what you want, this way you will learn first hand what will work best for you, cause someone elses experience will differ in the outcome.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
tizdaz

nps dude, ive forgot it already anyway

ta mate

Only part i didnt see until after my comment was at the bottom of your pictures which was '' any ideas which ?

''

So your last sentence below the pictures would have made no diffence in my response, that is why i didn't edit it.
I didn't call anyone retarded, I simply stated to overlook something is retarded.

Go and buy what you want, this way you will learn first hand what will work best for you, cause someone elses experience will differ in the outcome.