RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Reply
Old 01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
  #326
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

[quote]ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300


[quote]ORIGINAL: savagecommander

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u


In my opinion anything over 4 to 7 HP is useless. No way in HELL would I pay more then $400 to $500 for a motor unless it was in something I can get into and drive. But that is just me.
i feel you. $300 just for a case and anothe $200-300 for a head is too much. a PP 4 bolt zen can make 6HP with a stronger power curve and cost half as much.
[/quote...........Cost half as much ?? But is it very durable.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM
  #327
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u

No better then what Honda does in F1 racing not sure if that is good or bad. If I am not mistaken they are not even running any more. [X(]

In my opinion anything over 4 to 7 HP is useless. No way in HELL would I pay more then $400 to $500 for a motor unless it was in something I can get into and drive. But that is just me.
.............................When did I tell you guys to buy this motor?? All I am attempting to do is make you aware of whats new out there. Pick and select what you want and buy what you want. It is not the intention of this thread to tell you what to buy.

I never said you did I was voicing my opinion and sorry you got your panties in a wad. When is to much HP for what a vehicle will with stand? So you buy a $1700 moor then spend at least another $1000 or more in up grading drive train then you still have a vehicle that is WAY to hard to handle. Been There done that This is a discussion forum and if you do not want others input do not post.
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:48 PM
  #328
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Quote:
ORIGINAL: savagecommander

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u


In my opinion anything over 4 to 7 HP is useless. No way in HELL would I pay more then $400 to $500 for a motor unless it was in something I can get into and drive. But that is just me.
i feel you. $300 just for a case and anothe $200-300 for a head is too much. a PP 4 bolt zen can make 6HP with a stronger power curve and cost half as much.
......................This is an expensive hobby speed cost.

Been in to RC for about 15 years and large scale for going on 5 so I know what it cost. Been into motorcycles none stop for 40 plus years! I once had a Chevy Vega I put a hop up 350 in and it was fast if you could control it. Even with up grades you never could get it where it could handle all the power. [X(] But what ever floats your boat.
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:12 PM
  #329
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u

No better then what Honda does in F1 racing not sure if that is good or bad. If I am not mistaken they are not even running any more. [X(]

In my opinion anything over 4 to 7 HP is useless. No way in HELL would I pay more then $400 to $500 for a motor unless it was in something I can get into and drive. But that is just me.
.............................When did I tell you guys to buy this motor?? All I am attempting to do is make you aware of whats new out there. Pick and select what you want and buy what you want. It is not the intention of this thread to tell you what to buy.

I never said you did I was voicing my opinion and sorry you got your panties in a wad. When is to much HP for what a vehicle will with stand? So you buy a $1700 moor then spend at least another $1000 or more in up grading drive train then you still have a vehicle that is WAY to hard to handle. Been There done that This is a discussion forum and if you do not want others input do not post.
.................I don't mind you expressing your opinion but I don't like being misquoted. And yes I know this is a disscussion form BUT I DID NOT SAY ANY WHERE THAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE COULD NOT EXPRESS YOUR OWN OPINION BUT THAT SAME RULE APPLYS TO ME WHEN I DIS AGREE WITH SOMTHING SOMEBODY ELSE SAYS, OR YOU I CAN AND WILL EXPRESS MY OPINION TOO.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:17 PM
  #330
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 46u

No better then what Honda does in F1 racing not sure if that is good or bad. If I am not mistaken they are not even running any more. [X(]

In my opinion anything over 4 to 7 HP is useless. No way in HELL would I pay more then $400 to $500 for a motor unless it was in something I can get into and drive. But that is just me.
.............................When did I tell you guys to buy this motor?? All I am attempting to do is make you aware of whats new out there. Pick and select what you want and buy what you want. It is not the intention of this thread to tell you what to buy.

I never said you did I was voicing my opinion and sorry you got your panties in a wad. When is to much HP for what a vehicle will with stand? So you buy a $1700 moor then spend at least another $1000 or more in up grading drive train then you still have a vehicle that is WAY to hard to handle. Been There done that This is a discussion forum and if you do not want others input do not post.
.................I don't mind you expressing your opinion but I don't like being misquoted. And yes I know this is a disscussion form BUT I DID NOT SAY ANY WHERE THAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE COULD NOT EXPRESS YOUR OWN OPINION BUT THAT SAME RULE APPLYS TO ME I DON''T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY EITHER AND I LET YOU KNOW WHEN I DISAGREE.

Misquoted what the heck did I misquote you on????????????? You misquoted me as I never said you where telling me to buy it. As far as the guy building it working for Honda on F1 car motors is doing him a injustices as Honda never did very well in F1 racing and is why they no longer race F1. Sorry I got you all up set but I am sure you will get over it.
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:27 PM
  #331
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

The way I interpeted your post it sound like you were inferring that I was giving a recomendation for this motor . In post 319 I told you what the objective of my post was. I think you just want to argue
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
  #332
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

The way I interpeted your post it sound like you were inferring that I was giving a recomendation for this motor . In post 319 I told you what the objective of my post was. I think you just want to argue
I do not see it and think you are the one that wants to argue but what ever. You never did say what I misquoted you on?[X(]
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #333
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Sounds like you got your PINK PANTIES IN A BUNCH
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
  #334
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Sounds like you got your PINK PANTIES IN A BUNCH
You must be sick as you now what to know what under ware I wear. I hope you are not one of those funny bunnies. Must be if you are thinking about pink panties.
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 AM
  #335
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

I owe you an apology 46U. I am a diabetic and yesterday I had a low blood sugar incident and no gluclose pills to take. Again I apologize and I am sorry for what I said . But I don't care what kind of underware you wear or what color they are and I am not a funny bunny.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM
  #336
mooman007uk
 
mooman007uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: parksville, BC, CANADA
Posts: 1,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

enough talk about bleedin panties

not to be facetious but honda became brawn F1 (merc engines but same team etc) they won both the F1 crowns (driver and constructor) with Button in 2009

I'm sure the rcmax motor will find a few buyers who'll stuff it in a 5b like they did the twin,yep it'll be totally uncontrollable but each to their own eh!. another good motor my hillclimber, oodles of torque from this beastie i bet at lower revs, price does seem a little on the high side though, see what it ends up at when it hits the market
mooman007uk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  #337
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

I must be missing something as 2009 it was Brawn-Mercedes.
http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2009/
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 AM
  #338
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!


Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

I owe you an apology 46U. I am a diabetic and yesterday I had a low blood sugar incident and no gluclose pills to take. Again I apologize and I am sorry for what I said . But I don't care what kind of underware you wear or what color they are and I am not a funny bunny.
I all so apologies as I had a very bad day yesterday. All is good.
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
  #339
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Thank You
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
  #340
mooman007uk
 
mooman007uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: parksville, BC, CANADA
Posts: 1,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!

Quote:
not to be facetious but honda became brawn F1 (merc engines but same team etc)
mooman007uk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
  #341
46u
 
46u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 22,095
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horsepower War A Brewing!!!


Quote:
ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

Quote:
not to be facetious but honda became brawn F1 (merc engines but same team etc)
That is what we where talking about the engines which where not Honda correct? I was not talking about the team but the engines. Does any one run a Honda engine now? I do not think so. Please correct me if I am wrong. Was any F1 champion ship won with a Honda engine?
46u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 AM
  #342
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hey guys have you been checking out whats happening ?? We got some more motors entering the Horsepower wars!! OBR has a 38cc piston port motor that has been Dyno by them at 9.7 hp so far !! And a chinese 29cc reed claimed to produce 9 + hp!! YAHOO!! the horsepower war is still alive and doing well!!! OBR is promising a 40cc with reed inducion coming soon they are speculating over 10hp!!
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:46 AM
  #343
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

But what's the rpms of these motors??
thanks
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 AM
  #344
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

SRT10 looks like the OBR 38cc reaches peak hp of 9.7 at about 14,500 rpms. And can rev upto 19,000 rpms. The chinese motor is a clone of the BZM. And claims 9 hp. Here is a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzi1mfW67kA I will let you judge for yourself based on how the truck preforms with this clone motor in it whether or not it revs.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 02-17-2014 at 07:04 AM.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM
  #345
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Very cool on those rpms!
now where do I buy one for my Baja 5b !!

I loose a lot of power up here at 5200ft
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
  #346
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Here is OBR website they make the 38cc http://www.oneillbrothers.com/
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:31 PM
  #347
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

SRT10 here is the website for the clone motor, it is called the SCZ-E290CZ http://www.sczracing.com/?p=152
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:33 PM
  #348
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
SRT10 here is the website for the clone motor, it is called the SCZ-E290CZ http://www.sczracing.com/?p=152
SWEET! now I need a price
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
  #349
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

SRT10 the price should be listed on their website.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 AM
  #350
nitrohead5300
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls, IN
Posts: 3,138
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Wow, can you imagine a OBR 38cc in a FG 4wd onroad with some custom gearing geared to the moon?? That would be a good platform for a landspeed attemp car.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:58 AM.