Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FLM fast lane machine front a arms 5B

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FLM fast lane machine front a arms 5B

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLM fast lane machine front a arms 5B

I have the FLM front and rear arms upper and lower in stock length , and im finding the front setup to be very stiff its got crap steering response , the front lower arms suspenion where it mounts is in a higher location than stock and theres no way to fix it that i know of , and i cant mount the top half to the shock tower any higher i have the v2 shock tower , its just an awkward setup that doesnt work very well in my opinion and im hating this . im thinking of scraping the whole set up and bying some other brand that allows me to use the ramtech shock tower together with the full front turtle racing hd mount and then ill have to buy some other brand of front lower and upper a arms like maybe GH or HBZ tubulars . What do you guys think
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 PM
miniaturindo

Default RE: FLM fast lane machine front a arms 5B

great collection
Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

I have the FLM front and rear arms upper and lower in stock length , and im finding the front setup to be very stiff its got crap steering response , the front lower arms suspenion where it mounts is in a higher location than stock and theres no way to fix it that i know of , and i cant mount the top half to the shock tower any higher i have the v2 shock tower , its just an awkward setup that doesnt work very well in my opinion and im hating this . im thinking of scraping the whole set up and bying some other brand that allows me to use the ramtech shock tower together with the full front turtle racing hd mount and then ill have to buy some other brand of front lower and upper a arms like maybe GH or HBZ tubulars . What do you guys think
What do you guys think...I think

INTEGY...Integy parts will not make your buggy fart.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 PM
LOST IN MN

I have used several sets of FLM arms they are always a pain and the front suspension is compressed especially if using threshold rezzies.  They sell the kits with the V2 tower and in reality you alywas need the V1 tower.  In all honesty ditch the alloy and goto RPM arms they are the best bang for the buck.
Aluminum may look nice but transfers energy in a crash and everything can get bent up.  I would stick with a TR shock tower and TR HD top plate with RPM arms and you will have a strong machine.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Killer RC

I've had no problems with my FLM arms or suspension. Do you have the stock length or extended length? Play around with the shock position and spring preload. I unscrew mine almost all the way to the top of the shock body.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Killer RC

I've had no problems with my FLM arms or suspension. Do you have the stock length or extended length? Play around with the shock position and spring preload. I unscrew mine almost all the way to the top of the shock body.
i have the stock length shocks for the front , ill figure something out
Old 02-19-2011, 01:07 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: LOST IN MN

I have used several sets of FLM arms they are always a pain and the front suspension is compressed especially if using threshold rezzies. They sell the kits with the V2 tower and in reality you alywas need the V1 tower. In all honesty ditch the alloy and goto RPM arms they are the best bang for the buck.
Aluminum may look nice but transfers energy in a crash and everything can get bent up. I would stick with a TR shock tower and TR HD top plate with RPM arms and you will have a strong machine.
then why dont you use plastic parts for the 10grand 5t instead of putting aftermarket billet all over it ?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 AM
LOST IN MN

The Red Cross car isn't all billet lol it has RPM arms a TR shock tower and TR top plate!!! Some people like Billet (alum)a-arms, Ihave learned through experience that too much alloy on a car can be a very expensive thing to fix in a crash. As Istated Idon't like how the shocks mount with the FLM arms with certain shock setups you lose a signiifcant amount of travel because of the limited mounting options.. Are they a horrible product? NO... Can they be better? Yes with a few adjustments...
You asked for an opinion Igave you one. What you do with it is up to you. I really like the look of them but once you crash that car and need to replace a $300 set of a-arms or loads of other parts because of transfer then you will realize what i'm talking about!!!

I give advice based on my experience with using products under several different configurations and use with other aftermarket parts. Idon't give information based on speculation or gossip. Ihave owned and used all of the products which Icomment on!!

Old 02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: LOST IN MN

The Red Cross car isn't all billet lol it has RPM arms a TR shock tower and TR top plate!!! Some people like Billet (alum) a-arms, I have learned through experience that too much alloy on a car can be a very expensive thing to fix in a crash. As I stated I don't like how the shocks mount with the FLM arms with certain shock setups you lose a signiifcant amount of travel because of the limited mounting options.. Are they a horrible product? NO... Can they be better? Yes with a few adjustments...
You asked for an opinion I gave you one. What you do with it is up to you. I really like the look of them but once you crash that car and need to replace a $300 set of a-arms or loads of other parts because of transfer then you will realize what i'm talking about!!!

I give advice based on my experience with using products under several different configurations and use with other aftermarket parts. I don't give information based on speculation or gossip. I have owned and used all of the products which I comment on!!

i understand completely what your saying , mine is gonna be a street racer up and down the road kinda thing and looking good while doing it lol , thats me thats how i like to roll , if i was gonna bash this thing in the dirt id never put all this bling on it , except for alloy shock tower supports and such