Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

My Ultimate parking lot Basher

Old 06-16-2011, 06:09 PM
scooter5200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Ultimate parking lot Basher

Thats a MCD?? It does not look like one, nice job. How does it handle??
Old 06-16-2011, 06:33 PM
nitrohead5300

It handles pretty good since it is 4 wheel drive
Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Nitromarc3
My Feedback: (30)

Very very nice nitrohead great colors, I must see it inperson,
Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 AM
nitrohead5300

You will Nitromarc3
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 AM
nitrohead5300

Nitromarc3 have you heard anything else on that new 30.5 cc OBR motor?? I kinda like that motor and it is not priced badly either.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 AM
nitrohead5300

here is a video of my Basher running at a parking lot. I had to change tires. The last set of GRPs did not last near as long as the first set. So I had to put the MCD tires back on. The MCD tires are taller and heavier than the GRP which cause the engine to bog a little.[] Here is the link for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuKbL-66Or8
Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 AM
TGNman

That orange and black looks sick! I want to see video! I need to get my F1 car going sometime and go play in parking lots, looks like fun.

Mark Hull
Old 10-30-2011, 01:04 AM
nitrohead5300

Dam!! he beat me to the punch!! Inline Twinn in MCD. This is what I am planning to do to my MCD. Check out the link. http://www.ls-forum.dk/smf/index.php?topic=22485.0
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 AM
scooter5200

A inline twin in a MCD I did not think it could be done!!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 AM
nitrohead5300

I wish there was a video of it running[]
Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Rallyfinnen

That's a nitro engine..
Old 11-02-2011, 11:59 AM
racer365r
Banned

nice car!

little friendly advice though which you may appreciate,firstly,i watched your video and you have enormus LAG off the line,with an mcd 4x4 and GRP tires you have got some amount of grip,so you must remember that all 4 corners on your car are biting in as opposed to a 2wd, so what i would reccomend you to do is use worn low grip tires on the front and good on the rear
try and use as worn as possible on the front,this will give you much better acceleration off the line,also it may improve the steering as again when you turn in with a 4x4 MCD onroad using high grip rubber like GRP it will effect your steering.
what i also would reccomend you to do is use a soft as possible shock oil on the rear and hard on the front,say front- 7000 and rear-4000 or less this will again improve the car for you.TOE in on the rear is again something you need to look in to and give her some negative camber on the front like -2.5degrees,i can guarantee these tricks will vastly improve everything on that car.just to help you out!!

another tipp,if you use the stock two shoe clutch,take it out and grind the pads down a little so the less material you have the later the clutch will engage giving you more oomph off the line,also you could consider a light blue fg spring which would bring the clutch point up to 8000+ don't worry about the material on the stock clutches as it's rock hard and lasts forever.

enjoy,and nice paint scheme!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:31 AM
nitrohead5300

Hello Racer365r, you are very observant. I know the car was bogging the reason was I had a weak clutch spring and installed the tallest gearing that MCD offered I also had removed my GRP tires during this video, I had the stock MCD tires on which are taller and heavier than GRP's. I believe the combination of the MCD tires & tall gearing was too much for my motor causing it to BOG!![] I also had tired a different clutchspring on my clutch. The spring was suppose to be a 9500 rpm stall but it was engaging sooner than that. Took that spring off and put the 8000 rpm red spring back on take a look at this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zptgLviXXn8 With the GRP tires I did 57 mph at the same location. I am willing to experiment with different chassis set ups but chassis setup is similar to what you reccomend except for neg camber. 2.5 neg camber ?? Thats more camber than I have ever ran on any of my cars in the front!! I don't believe I need that much camber or rear toe in satisfied with the way the car handles with its current setup on this untreated surface. What do you think about the adjustables clutches ?? Thinking about getting one would it be worth the investment??
Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: racer365r

nice car!
GRP tires you have got some amount of grip,so you must remember that all 4 corners on your car are biting in as opposed to a 2wd, so what i would reccomend you to do is use worn low grip tires on the front and good on the rear
try and use as worn as possible on the front,this will give you much better acceleration off the line,also it may improve the steering as again when you turn in with a 4x4 MCD onroad using high grip rubber like GRP it will effect your steering
...........Instead of using worn low grip tires why not go with a front tire that is rated harder than the rear tire?? Also a worn tire can be coned or smaller in diameter. And when you are running 4wd with a gear diff in the front & rear it is important that the front & rear tires are of the same diameter so the front end is not working against the rear end causing the handling to be inconsistant.