Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

First run in over 1 ½ years

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First run in over 1 ½ years

Do to many things I have not run my 5b since January 1st 2010. So this past week I said surely the TX and RX packs are shoot but after cycling them a couple times they came back to life to my surprise.

Every time I get done running my 5b for the day or after a race weekend I drain the tank and start the engine till most of the gas is gone and the engine will not hit any more. I all so put SeaFoam in my gas.

So I mixed some fresh gas filled the tank and thought surely the carb is going to be gummed up. Sure enough it seemed like it was not getting any fuel to the motor. I put a few drops down the pug hole and hit once. I was just about getting ready to put another carb on when she came to life.

I ran a tank through it today and stopped one time. When I went back out to fire it up had to choke it but started right up.

No problems with it the whole tank of fuel but my should see my yard it is tore all up big time. LOL It ran so well with the stock 26 and CPI pipe not sure I need to put either my just built ported GP290 or my ported 30.5 with the big bore CPI. Wrong you know I am going to run them.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 AM
TIGER76

Default RE: First run in over 1 ½ years

Totally agree m8 thats why i love the 1/5 fuelies as long as there looked after...they run...simple.
Havent taken my 5b for over 2 months now with work getting in the way [] got a sunday free this weekend so will be popping to the local track for some dirty fun lol
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

Totally agree m8 thats why i love the 1/5 fuelies as long as there looked after...they run...simple.
Havent taken my 5b for over 2 months now with work getting in the way [] got a sunday free this weekend so will be popping to the local track for some dirty fun lol
I am not M8 but thanks for your post. The large scale forums use to rock and roll but sure seems very slow now. I have not been around for a while do to my situration and is one of the many reasons it has been so long since I ran my 5B. Here are a couple pictures from not long after I built my 5b about 2 1/2 years ago. It does not look this pretty now. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62051.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1631842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95087.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1631843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62088.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1631844  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
sparky 25

The m8 that tiger is using, is an abbreviation for the word `mate`

its how alot of the english people address each other
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

The m8 that tiger is using, is an abbreviation for the word `mate`

its how alot of the english people address each other
Thanks for cluing me in and not a problem.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM
willclark77
My Feedback: (2)

They never stay looking good long!  If it doesn't rain this coming weekend I hope to run through at least a gallon. I think I remember you doing a thread where you ported one of your engines.  When you (if you haven't already) ran it I'd like to hear how it did.  I mildly ported a gp290 and it seemed to perk it up.  It didn't really feel much more powerfull overall.  It felt more like it made it rev quicker.  Snappier sounds like a good word for it. 
Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: willclark77

They never stay looking good long! If it doesn't rain this coming weekend I hope to run through at least a gallon. I think I remember you doing a thread where you ported one of your engines. When you (if you haven't already) ran it I'd like to hear how it did. I mildly ported a gp290 and it seemed to perk it up. It didn't really feel much more powerfull overall. It felt more like it made it rev quicker. Snappier sounds like a good word for it.

I just got the two motors put together a couple weeks ago but have not even broke them in. I hope to install one maybe later this week or weekend and start breaking it in. Since it has been so long I wanted to run the stock motor with the standard CPI pipe so when I install one of the other motors I will have better idea between the stock and ported big bores. I have a big bore CPI pipe to run on the two motors I just finished. One is a ported 28.5 36mm bore stock stroke of 28mm and the others is a 30.5 36mm bore with a 30mm stroke. Will keep all posted.
Thanks all!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 AM
46u

I installed my race ported 30.5 I put together and hope in the next couple of days start breaking it in. I am not fond of breaking in motors it is so boring.