Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

The usual 'What's she worth' thread...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

The usual 'What's she worth' thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The usual 'What's she worth' thread...

How much you guys reckon the following car is worth?

FG MT Pro, very good condition

Alloy engine mounts, clutch carrier and radio tray
Wing mount and Beetle body
Original (slightly damaged) Hummer body
FG wheely bar
DDM dominator torque pipe
Oddified Tonegawa PS-050 (1190oz-in on 7.2v) steering servo
NO throttle servo, NO rx, NO tx.
Stock Zenoah RC260 engine with about 2 gallons through it (barely broken in)
Front disc brakes new in packaging not fitted (never needed them tbh)
Alloy rear upper arms new in packaging
Any other bits and pieces I can find, a few spares, the original can pipe, etc.

Pictured below before the dom pipe was fitted...

So, how much you guys reckon I should ask for it...? I'm thinking of putting in the LHS window and see what happens.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 AM
blackrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The usual 'What's she worth' thread...

I would say $900 what are you replacing it with and don't say electric brushless
Old 07-05-2011, 09:45 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Jonathan what someone is will to give for it! [sm=lol.gif] From what little I know I would say blackrain is in the ball park. Nice bug do you have any pictures with the body off?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Foxy

It's going to be replaced with a comp crawler, probably an Axial XR10 or a Losi Comp. I simply have too many problems running gas and nitro these days, it's the noise as much as anything else. Here are some body off pics...

By the way, that servo is worth $200 on its own. I'd be happy with a grand for it tbh.

46u its good to see you back buddy

Old 07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Jonathan I remember seeing videos of this thing running. For the past couple of years I cannot afford to pay attention much less buy something as nice as this. But all and all I am doing fairly well and a lot better then some.

Do you still have your TBII?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Foxy

Yeh, still got the TB2, don't know what I'm gonna do with it yet, still only been run 10 times or so.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

I think 950 is about right. May be a little difficult to sell, i say this because you dont see many 2wd FGs for sale these days and the 4wd have taken over. I think when you hit 1k it is in the 4wd territory (FG 4wd) and for the 2wd to sell well it needs a lot of extras.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 PM
speedypetey61

Foxy, you should have no problem getting around $800 to $850, no matter if you keep the monster servo in there or not.
I would pull it out and drop a hitec 805 in it's place and sell the servo separate for $100-150, that's if your looking to move the truck fast...or option 2 ask $1050 and wait and hope someone is willing to spend a G on your truck...

And by the way, if you wanna sell that thing in a timely manner, clean it up a bit!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Anomie

$4
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

Foxy, you should have no problem getting around $800 to $850, no matter if you keep the monster servo in there or not.
I would pull it out and drop a hitec 805 in it's place and sell the servo separate for $100-150, that's if your looking to move the truck fast...or option 2 ask $1050 and wait and hope someone is willing to spend a G on your truck...

And by the way, if you wanna sell that thing in a timely manner, clean it up a bit!
lol, those photos were taken nearly 2 years ago

Probably good advice on the servo, I'd be better off selling it separately.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Anomie

$4
Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
splcrazy

in australia these are worth 2grand stock , I tried selling my 2wd fg mt on ebay 3 times for one thousand with lots of mods and still no one bought it
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Foxy

That's bad news...like I say I'll probably put it in the LHS display. Think I'm gonna close a deal on a crawler soon anyway.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM
RRHobbyDepot

Trying to sell R/C on ebay just sucks. All the fees and the right people just aren't there. Ebay gets the ultra cheap that want everything and your first born kid for nothing. Try selling your stuff on here. I've thought many times of putting up a website but, advertising costs get crazy.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
splcrazy

I sold a savage x 4.6 brand new in ebay within ten days , nitro rc are alot more familiar with alot of people , its really hard selling large scale on ebay hardly anyone knows what they are about or scared of them , at my local hobby shop everyone goes In there looking at tiny nitro cars not even considering buying a large scale
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
RRHobbyDepot

I find a lot of nitro fear, then there's the noise aspects and the costs of brakes,clutch, air filter etc. A lot more maintenance. I get many more electric customers. Large sales big bucks but, i personally love large scale. easier to work on and more durable. Like any business owner I'm looking to make a living with it. That said I really dislike the way so many vehicles are all plastic and how every little upgraded aluminum part is serious cash, just feels like cheating people to me.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 AM
maherbeemer

Yes true they are not very popular compared to electric and nitro but much much more reliable and easier to work on and more durable, once you try the large scale you really dont look back at electric and nitro anymore.  As for selling it depends on which region your in, if its North America than the popularity is very low because they are not advertised or introduced well, the first decent ad that was done was by HPI for the BAJA which really pumped the large scale in North America and gave it a name as for the other manufacturures are well known in Europe and the Middle East for example FG, MCD, CARSON etc. but not in North America. As for your beetle Foxy selling the car in the range of $650 to $750 is good depending on what your giving away with it and what you decide to keep, it might be easier for you to sell since your in Europe you can try to sell it on Ebay Germany I bet they will be interested since they are very popular there or you can always just keep it those FG MT's are really good.  What are you planning in buying? and good luck for selling the classic FG MT.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: maherbeemer

Yes true they are not very popular compared to electric and nitro but much much more reliable and easier to work on and more durable, once you try the large scale you really dont look back at electric and nitro anymore. As for selling it depends on which region your in, if its North America than the popularity is very low because they are not advertised or introduced well, the first decent ad that was done was by HPI for the BAJA which really pumped the large scale in North America and gave it a name as for the other manufacturures are well known in Europe and the Middle East for example FG, MCD, CARSON etc. but not in North America. As for your beetle Foxy selling the car in the range of $650 to $750 is good depending on what your giving away with it and what you decide to keep, it might be easier for you to sell since your in Europe you can try to sell it on Ebay Germany I bet they will be interested since they are very popular there or you can always just keep it those FG MT's are really good. What are you planning in buying? and good luck for selling the classic FG MT.
I'm in Greece, depreciation is low here, the second hand market is small, but we get good values for the cars. 750 would be a joke for this car, the exhaust and the servo on their own are worth $300, more in Greece. I'll get easily $1300 for it if I sell it here and wait for the right buyer, it's worth 900euros comfortably, but as I say, I'll have to wait a long time for a buyer. I'm replacing it with a rock crawler, a really good one. The only reason I'm getting rid of the FG is because it makes too much noise. I have to go too far away from where I live to be able to run it without bothering anyone. It's a shame cos I love the car. I might rebuild it as a shelf queen if nobody wants it.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 AM
maherbeemer

Sorry bro, if you wanted to sell it with everything probably your right....ya that sucks you have to sell it because of the sound.....its a really nice truck; like you said just you have to wait for the right buyer nothing is impossible to sell
Old 07-09-2011, 04:43 AM
splcrazy

goodluck selling it in greece no one there has money , even if they buy it its like on credit for anyone that buys it lol , i would try selling it on german ebay like they other guy said its more popular there
Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

goodluck selling it in greece no one there has money , even if they buy it its like on credit for anyone that buys it lol , i would try selling it on german ebay like they other guy said its more popular there
Erm, I live here, what do you think you have to tell me about Greece? [&:] Don't believe everything you hear in the news, they love to exaggerate. The problem is not consumer credit by the way, just so you don't go around thinking it is People still have money for their hobbies. I have no debt, and I'm not struggling at all. Nor am I wealthy.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:20 AM
mooman007uk

in all honesty seeing as you can get a new 2wd MT for 849 bucks here and 750euro over there from hobbythek then asking 900 for a near stock used truck is a bit pie in the sky i reckon. i know things in euroland are more pricey but ebay is real popular there too.

even though the pipe and servo are worth 300 euro it's a question of whether somebody would pay it. the tone will fetch you about 90-100 quid, oddified tones come up pretty regularly on ebay uk and engine mounts on there are a dime a dozen.

i ended up parting my old fg baja when i wanted to sell it...i had about 3k into it,all alloy, hydros, oring alloy shocks etc and maybe would have got 1000-1100bucks in one piece, i ended up with 2200 selling it + all my other fg stuff, in pieces.
if you don't need the cash then i'd just keep it cos you never get out what you put into them

realistically i really don't think you'll get more than about 450-600 euro or 600-750 bucks and seeing as half of greece is now unemployed you may not even get that. guess it depends on how long you want to sit on it waiting for the right guy to come thru the door.

good luck with your sale, hope you end up getting what you want
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 AM
speedypetey61

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

in all honesty seeing as you can get a new 2wd MT for 849 bucks here and 750euro over there from hobbythek then asking 900 for a near stock used truck is a bit pie in the sky i reckon. i know things in euroland are more pricey but ebay is real popular there too.

even though the pipe and servo are worth 300 euro it's a question of whether somebody would pay it. the tone will fetch you about 90-100 quid, oddified tones come up pretty regularly on ebay uk and engine mounts on there are a dime a dozen.

i ended up parting my old fg baja when i wanted to sell it...i had about 3k into it,all alloy, hydros, oring alloy shocks etc and maybe would have got 1000-1100bucks in one piece, i ended up with 2200 selling it + all my other fg stuff, in pieces.
if you don't need the cash then i'd just keep it cos you never get out what you put into them

realistically i really don't think you'll get more than about 450-600 euro or 600-750 bucks and seeing as half of greece is now unemployed you may not even get that. guess it depends on how long you want to sit on it waiting for the right guy to come thru the door.

Well said, I'd have to agree.
And waiting for the right buyer cost time, the longer you wait, the less you'll get as new items are released and better deals come forward..
Cut your losses and sacrifice what you don't need or want, BUT if it's not in the way, or you don't need the money, your better off tossing it in the garage till you get sick of your crawler.

Good luck
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

These blanket statements about greece are lol. Seriously, it's not as simple as you read in the news. In short, it's the government that has no money (for benefits, pensions, etc) not the people. The everyday working man is doing ok.

Anyway, regarding the truck, yeh, I can't disagree with ya. The problem is delivery costs to sell it anywhere but in your home country. Would cost me 100E or more to send it anywhere, so bearing that in mind, it pushes the buyer's price to high and the seller's price too low. I'll probably put it in the hobby shop window, and if it sells, great, if not, who cares. It'll still be mine if I ever want it back I never considered ebaying it anyway. Ebay is now a buyers market.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:38 PM
splcrazy

ill give you 500 as long as its free shipping to australia