Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Releases X Series Short Course Truck Today!!

Well, Redcat finally did it and made a 30.5c Gas Short Course truck. It is based on the very popular, and race winning XT series truck, with a short course body and wheels:

Specifications:
    Motor Type Gas 30cc HY 2 Stroke
    Transmission Single Speed
    Drive System 4 Wheel Drive
    Length
    Width
    Height
    Dry Weight 10.5KG (23.1 LBS)
    Wheelbase
    Ground Clearance
    Fuel Tank Capacity 500cc
    Chassis Type 4mm Aluminum 6061T6
    Brake Type Dual Disc
    Shocks Aluminum Body Oil Filled Shocks
    Speed Control
    Battery
    Radio System 2.4GHz Radio System

Redcat Rampage XSC

Owner of RAMTech-RC, HPIBajaForum, Losi5iveForum, RedcatRampageForum and 2StrokeRacer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Releases X Series Short Course Truck Today!!

Dang....and the price is pretty good too.
    HPI baby!! Nuff said!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love the wheels, hate the body, but overall, for the coin, it's a great buy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I might get one since the only other competitor in the 1/5th SC class (4wd) is the FS/Cen Model which costs an unreasonable 900 dollars. I was planning on a new project soon but this would end up far cheaper :P
    Looks like its going to be the top dog/best value in its class. Nice move
    MGT 4.6 w/ JP-3 (In the future)| MGT 3.0 | OFNA DM-1 Pro (future) | Savage Flux 2350 | Associated T4 FT CL | Lots a Planes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sherv, I will throw in Team Driver Status for 10% off on future spare or hop-up parts for you!!
    Owner of RAMTech-RC, HPIBajaForum, Losi5iveForum, RedcatRampageForum and 2StrokeRacer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the boot is too long . the rear bumper is inside the body. the rear part of the body will be smashed ,if it was crashed. the bonnet looks sweet

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I might get one since the only other competitor in the 1/5th SC class (4wd) is the FS/Cen Model which costs an unreasonable 900 dollars. I was planning on a new project soon but this would end up far cheaper :P

Baja SC / Redcat Rampage MT / FG Marder(XTM) / Xaircraft X450Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sherv, I could be a serious douche about that comment, but I will refrain
    Instead, I welcome you with open arms to the Redcat family.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That pretty much sums up my reaction to reading what he wrote...
    ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Hurrax Toxyc\\Pyrad RS\\Crypton EX\\Yuckon EX|BajaT|FG Comp Baja|MCD SC W5|Lauterbacher Megracross 4wd|Ferox FX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Obeast44

Sherv, I could be a serious douche about that comment, but I will refrain
    Instead, I welcome you with open arms to the Redcat family.
    I just can't say enough come on over to the redcat
    RC10GT Savage 21 Miss Bud 1/8
    Redcat Rampage MT 1/5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SHERVVVVVVVVV............................. I Am Your Father

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwExDG7n7Zg[/youtube]

Join me on the dark side.

Darin
    Darin Oreman
    REDCAT RACING / CEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats one ugly mf... what a piece of crap. That short video sums up my reaction when i saw that picture

Have nothing much against their monstertruck.. they seam to be very nice compared to what they cost, but this one... they should hide it and rethink is my opinion.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some have been asking for shots with body off, so I quickly took a few.

Darin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75446.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	1637600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb90866.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	1637601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ze85646.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	1637602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pj18680.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	1637603  
    Darin Oreman
    REDCAT RACING / CEO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not the best looking under the body looks like a 1/10 scale with a weed eater motor 50% of the truck is all bumper.
    Mugen Mbx5t Hott mod Nova 528, Hpi Baja ss, Fg Mb pro,
    Fg Sportline, Fg F1 sportsline

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sherv the fs is $749

imo even though the platform is proving to be pretty good for the money the wheels are too small and the body is waay too big.I will say the fs is proportioned much better and it goes well too despite being an early evo mcd clone underneath (i've seen one in person and it did good for a stocker round my track, managed 5-6 tanks but did chew the a/b plastic gears in the end) and the body is made of real lexan which surprised me, on par with fg, mcd and hurrax bodies, the redcat is priced very well but looks a bit goofy and their body material has still to be improved on cos they're still using pvc. don't get me wrong here, i'm not trolling fs but just saying i think redact/hsp could have spent a little more time on the wheels and body...the 5sc looks like a fullscale, the fs is close,the nutech( yup their sc looks like a turd too) and redcat look like they came from walmart out the kids section...what lies underneath may be just dandy but...i think you get my drift

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the Chinese designers were looking at pictures of real Short Course Trucks, instead of the cartoonish RC versions we have today. You know the kind, with the big wheels tucked inside massive wheel wells.

This truck below is one of the trucks I see at every event I go to:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want one with the fire coming out the exhaust!! 
    Baja SC / Redcat Rampage MT / FG Marder(XTM) / Xaircraft X450Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is this the cartoon version http://www.puro-off-road.com/wp-cont..._truck_001.jpg http://www.covercars.com/shows/2009/.../cc-6-0057.jpg ?

Anyways, when seeing those pictures with the body off... well all i can say i feal real sorry for the person that buys this truck, the whole thing looks like a big no no I can't understand whay they did this crap when they did manage to do a decent montertruck that only need a few minor hoopups to be a real good truck. They did that good effort with the monstertruck and now this joke, i can only say that they should take it bak to the drawingboard and tell everyone it was just a bad joke and that thay where sorry.

Im all for new competition in the bigscale market, and they have done well before, but they should really take this short course back and rethink... they can do much better than this crap.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dont think its that bad. Just not my flavor. Im sure there are people out there who like it. I think the body looks way too wide for the platform of the truck. A smaller body, it would look really good. Im sure its good quality though!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Automan

Is this the cartoon version http://www.puro-off-road.com/wp-cont..._truck_001.jpg http://www.covercars.com/shows/2009/.../cc-6-0057.jpg ?

Anyways, when seeing those pictures with the body off... well all i can say i feal real sorry for the person that buys this truck, the whole thing looks like a big no no I can't understand whay they did this crap when they did manage to do a decent montertruck that only need a few minor hoopups to be a real good truck. They did that good effort with the monstertruck and now this joke, i can only say that they should take it bak to the drawingboard and tell everyone it was just a bad joke and that thay where sorry.

Im all for new competition in the bigscale market, and they have done well before, but they should really take this short course back and rethink... they can do much better than this crap.
    Sometimes, things are difficult to understand for people. I have difficulty understanding your post with all the grammatical and spelling errors.

The platform is great. I have an XB and love it. It's lightweight, durable, and has great acceleration.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: csp1971

Sometimes, things are difficult to understand for people. I have difficulty understanding your post with all the grammatical and spelling errors.
    Seriously man? If you had left that out, you would seem (emphasis on the seem) like a much better person with a respectable opinion. Now you just seem like a douche bag though. True colors. A quick glance to the left of his post reveals his location as Sweden. Very, very good english for a man from a foreign country. Hell, I've taken two years of Spanish, hear it everyday, and live right next to the freakin' country and I still can't speak a lick. Try to play nice, please.
    - MMA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: csp1971

Seriously man? If you had left that out, you would seem (emphasis on the seem) like a much better person with a respectable opinion. Now you just seem like a douche bag though. True colors. A quick glance to the left of his post reveals his location as Sweden. Very, very good english for a man from a foreign country. Hell, I've taken two years of Spanish, hear it everyday, and live right next to the freakin' country and I still can't speak a lick. Try to play nice, please.

You can be the pot I'll be the kettle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good looking truck. We sell them also if anyone's looking for this or anything else redcat here. I can't wait to see some videos of these in the hands of customers.
    Owner-Ricks Radical Hobby Depot. Contact us for all your hobby needs.

Selling a shop demod Caster F8T,msg for details.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mehh
    FG F1 Competition,MCD Rally X4 27.2 full mod,Nutech Beetle 30.5 full mod,RC8Te,Savage Flux ,Merv,Hilux,Wraith,Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For those that want to change to Baja rims and tires, RampageHopUps is offering a free set of X Series to Baja Adapters for the Wacky Weekend Sale. That way, you can put the oversized tires of your choice on and look cool for the pictures!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast