Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Looking at buying a Rampage XT or XB...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Looking at buying a Rampage XT or XB...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Losiracer4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying a Rampage XT or XB...

I'm torn between which one to buy. The Redcat Rampage XT monster truck or the XB buggy.

Would like to hear from people who own one or both. I wanna hear pros and cons of each and also how durable and reliable it has been for you.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:58 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Looking at buying a Rampage XT or XB...

They are the same platform with different tires and body.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Losiracer4life

Are they geared the same as well? All parts the same other than body and wheels and tires?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Probably 95% the same, you may need different body posts for the truck body.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

I thought they are geared differently due to the size of the Wheels/Tires. But check their website I'm sure they have some clues as to the gearing. The question you asked is not one we can answer IMO. You need to ask your self a few questions. Is there a nearby track?? If not then is there a community of 1/5th scalers near you? IF yes do they know a place where they can race? Buggies are generally geared towards racing while an MT is for fun, bashing, and MT class racing is a riot but not taken seriously in the racing sport. If you want to bash then i say you should be looking at the MT.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Losiracer4life

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I thought they are geared differently due to the size of the Wheels/Tires. But check their website I'm sure they have some clues as to the gearing. The question you asked is not one we can answer IMO. You need to ask your self a few questions. Is there a nearby track?? If not then is there a community of 1/5th scalers near you? IF yes do they know a place where they can race? Buggies are generally geared towards racing while an MT is for fun, bashing, and MT class racing is a riot but not taken seriously in the racing sport. If you want to bash then i say you should be looking at the MT.
I have my own track at my house but hardly anyone locally runs rc's anymore. I am looking more for a do anything 1/5 scale to add to the km t1000 I just bought.

I was looking at either buying a second T1000, a baja 5B clone, or a rampage xb or xt. I just want something that is durable and will give me the least amount of problems.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Sherv

Well Djbuzzard, Noyb, and I are in the VA area. Between us 3 we own every single brand like nutech, fg, mcd, hurrax, harm, elcon, and so on. You can take a look at the models up close if you wanna meetup and bash sometime. Personally I would stay away from redcat and if durability is what you want for under 900 new then look at nutech but if you have more money then go buy an MCD V4 model. They are sick.
Noyb has a V4 MCD Race Runner that runs real nice.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: Sherv

Well Djbuzzard, Noyb, and I are in the VA area. Between us 3 we own every single brand like nutech, fg, mcd, hurrax, harm, elcon, and so on. You can take a look at the models up close if you wanna meetup and bash sometime. Personally I would stay away from redcat and if durability is what you want for under 900 new then look at nutech but if you have more money then go buy an MCD V4 model. They are sick.
Noyb has a V4 MCD Race Runner that runs real nice.
How'd that Nutech vs Redcat race go?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:54 PM
stalker77

Isnt that the same guy (Sherv) that just said a week ago or so that he was thinking of getting a Rampage? Id be willing to put money on how that race went!