Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Hurrax Toxyc

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:26 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hurrax Toxyc

I know a few people here have tried it, any thoughts? The design looks absolutely awesome. Since I like to drive on light off road or asphalt generally it seems like it would be a good next 1/5 scale for me. I know some of the earlier Hurrax production models had some chronic issues but people seem more pleased now.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurrax Toxyc

Noyb seems to love his although it hasn't been to a track yet. When the track here is done I'll head down with my kodak 720p handy cam and take some vids. Personally I have always been a huge fan of the pushrod style suspension. I always found it to be more durable and less costly in an accident to deal with. Also the suspension travel on a pushrod setup is generally greater not to mention it gets rid of those bulky shock towers. Both Moo and Noyb have one so you can get better info. They seems to post more on the 5thscaleracing forum about them.
Both moo and noyb have a post about the toxyc also a build thread too

http://www.5thscaleracingforum.com/v...ax-Modellsport

I'm linking 5thscalracingforum because it has a hurrax section, hope im not breaking any rules linking to another forum?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
mooman007uk

so far so good, i've had mine out at the track a couple of times to try it out...unfortunately my track is so dry and dusty to get any decent run time but first impressions are good. weighs in at 32lbs and with just a obr rp 27.2 it is fast as hell...totally different beastie to drive compared to my pyrad but retains the awesome flight characteristics of the pyrad in being able to hit jumps full throttle and fly level and not nose down like the majority of largescales do, also turns on a dime. i've also had a couple of oopsies already and it seems to be as tough as it's siblings.
hurrax did have issues with the gen1 but my gen2 pyrad has, in all honesty, been trouble free and easily the best rc i've owned to this point and don't doubt that the toxyc will be as reliable...i know noyb and pwaicon have also had very good experiences with their hurrax's too.
for onroad with the 77mm pushrods(to slam the ride height) and hostile slicks i reckon it'll be awesome...unfortuantely the hpi adapters don't have enough offset to clear the gen2 steering arms at present but i'm working on getting some mootilizerRC adapters made up that will be 8mm wider so all hpi wheels will fit

here's a vid of my second outing...it was hard to see and the track surface is so loose that traction is non existent but it gives you a bit of an idea of what it goes like. I'm currently organizing some water for my track and we'll be having a meet here in the next few weeks so hope to get it set up right and get some decent footage racing nutechs, 5b/t's and redcatXT.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu7xbEs6H0g[/link]
Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the look of how that runs.

I just can't decide whether I want a turbine powered boat instead though

youtube some videos of twin turbine powered catamarans, they're - insane.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM
mooman007uk

I know i've seen them before, truly fast....
i did the boat thing years ago with nitro, 48" deep vee with a picco .67...first it got boring real quick (like running a car in the park just going backwards and forwards etc) and second i got sick of swimming out to it when it quit...
I'm just about to put a sizable car order in with hurrax maybe i'll get an extra toxyc just in case