Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI 4WD Baja 5SC. SAY WHAT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI 4WD Baja 5SC. SAY WHAT?

Click image for larger version

Name:	314829_10150311266692487_145978592486_7943669_555847555_n.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	2237016

And now. The waiting game.

Quote From HPI on Facebook.

Ask and you shall receive...HPI 1/5th Scale 4WD...09/08/2011...Springwater, NY, USA — with John Schultz.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:31 PM
splcrazy

Default RE: HPI 4WD Baja 5SC. SAY WHAT?

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

And now. The waiting game.

Quote From HPI on Facebook.

Ask and you shall receive...HPI 1/5th Scale 4WD...09/08/2011...Springwater, NY, USA — with John Schultz.
yeah ask and you shall recieve , we've been asking for how many years now ? the people cloning the 5b were the first to come out with their own version of a 4wd baja5b or 5t i think it was , all i hope is that hpi made it a shaft driven 4WD like the savageX , and not belt drive 4wd
Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Losiracer4life

It has a Flux logo smack dab in the middle of the hood and that means it's electric powered....
Old 09-08-2011, 05:10 AM
nitrohead5300

People have been asking for years for a 4wd gas Baja not electric. I guess HPI is trying to be unique[:'(]
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 AM
JQuest64

The pic is definitely an SC nose clip unless they changed the Blitz decals to look like the SC decals. That is exactly what the headlight decals look like on my SC.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:07 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever it is, Losi have outdid them with their new release, IMO. The only thing HPI has going for them is Baja fanboys and the aftermarket parts. Time will tell...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Whatever it is, Losi have outdid them with their new release, IMO. The only thing HPI has going for them is Baja fanboys and the aftermarket parts. Time will tell...
Losi out did them? Losi is late to the game again... HPI has them beat again....LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
ejweelin92
My Feedback: (1)

the baja will fade to the new Losi IMO . it is fresh, new and everyone has been wanting a new player in the market
Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 AM
elven wizard

note I posted this on the 1/5 Losi ? - for those who haven't been on there -

"Here's some picture's and info of this awesome beast"

LOSI 5ive-T

Extra Large-Bore ShocksThese large-bore threaded, aluminum shocks feature over-sized 7mm shock shafts designed to stand up to the punishment of 1/5-scale action. The threaded adjusters allow for fine-tuning while the extra high fluid volume allows for control over the roughest terrain. Pictured: 1/5-scale vs. a standard 1/10-scale shock shaft

Massive 5MM Aluminum Chassis This is no ordinary chassis. It is based on the award winning, race-proven 8IGHTâ„¢ Platform. It has been designed to produce the best performance possible. The chassis plate is constructed of 5mm aircraft-grade aluminum and has been machined to save weight and add strength to provide extreme durability.

Two-Stage Air and Fuel Filter SystemsTo ensure a long engine life and proper care, the air and fuel systems are served by a two-stage filtering systems. The air must pass through two different foam filters designed to block as much dust and debris as possible while still maintaining proper flow.

Four-piece body

The four-piece body individual panels to be replaced in the event that it becomes damaged so an entire body does not need to be purchased to get the vehicle back to the factory look. Clear panels and stickers are sold separately to create your own look or retain the factory schemes.

Powerful Losi® 2-Stroke 26cc Gasoline Engine
The engine comes preinstalled with a high-volume muffler and features an electronic ignition, easy adjust carburetor with a built-in choke and fuel primmer. An added bonus is the machined oval inserts that match the chassis cutouts precisely to locate the engine for proper gear mesh.

Innovative Clutch Mount and Housing

The finned aluminum clutch mount adds strength and durability and provides unmatched heat dissipation for increased longevity of the 8,000 RPM clutch. Since it is enclosed, it prevents dirt and debris from entering and fouling the parts. The oversized bearings handle greater loads and are more reliable.

Spektrum SR3300T Telemetry Receiver with 2.4GHZ DSM Technology

Equipped with a SR3300T receiver with built in telemetry, the 5IVE-T comes prewired with sensors for engine temperature, speed and receiver battery voltage. Just add a telemetry-equipped surface DSM transmitter and this information will be transmitted back to the driver for real-time vitals of the 5IVE-T.

4WD Power Train with All Metal Gears

The 5IVE-T uses nothing but precision cut or formed, heat treated steel gears throughout the drive train. No plastic gears. These are the strongest and most durable type of gears available and expensive option items on other models.

[size=3]1/5 5IVE-T 4WD Off-Road Truck White Bind-N-Drive

At a Glance

Bigger. Faster. Stronger. The 1/5-scale Losi® 5IVE-T™ 4WD Off-Road Racing Truck is the closest thing to a full-size vehicle in realism, performance and experience. It features a 4WD drivetrain based on the racing-winning, award winning 8IGHT platfrom, Spektrum™ telemetry receiver, installed sensors, and 1/4-scale servos. And since it's a Bind-N-Drive™ vehicle, you complete it with the DSM® transmitter of your choice. There's really nothing like driving an RC truck as big as this. Come take it for a spin in all its 4WD glory.

These large-bore threaded, aluminum shocks feature over-sized 7mm shock shafts designed to stand up to the punishment of 1/5-scale action. The threaded adjusters allow for fine-tuning of the ride you are looking to achieve. The extra high volume of fluid is essential in controlling thesuspension movement over the roughest terrain.(Far right: 1/5-scale and a standard 1/10-scale shock shaft)

This is no ordinary chassis. It is based on the award winning, race-proven 8IGHTâ„¢ Platform. It has been designed to produce the best performance possible. The chassis plate is constructed of 5mm aircraft-grade aluminum and has been machined to save weight and add strength to provide extreme durability.

To ensure a long engine life and proper care, the air and fuel systems are served by a two-stage filtering systems. The air must pass through two different foam filters designed to block as much dust and debris as possible while still maintaining proper flow. The fuel system features a secondary filter that serves multiple purposes. One, to keep the fuel pickup in the gas mix no matter the orientation of the vehicle and as a filter to block larger debris and a secondary bullet style filter to catch anything else.

The engine comes preinstalled with a high-volume muffler and features an electronic ignition, easy adjust carburetor with a built-in choke and fuel primmer. An added bonus is the machined oval inserts that match the chassis cutouts precisely to locate the engine for proper gear mesh.

The finned aluminum clutch mount adds strength and durability and provides unmatched heat dissipation for increased longevity of the 8,000 RPM clutch. Since it is enclosed, it prevents dirt and debris from entering and fouling the parts. The oversized bearings handle greater loads and are more reliable.

The throttle servo performs more than just throttle duties it is also the main source for braking power. This heavy-duty large-scale servo has the power to bring the 5IVE-T to a stop thanks to the functionality of the bias adjustable dual-disk brakes. No 1/10-scale throttle servos here.

The core of the electronics system is the SR3300T receiver that is powered by Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology and has telemetry built in. The 5IVE-T comes prewired with sensors for engine temperature, speed and receiver battery voltage. Just add a surface DSM transmitter like the Spektrum DX3S, and all of this information will be transmitted back to the driver for real-time vitals of the 5IVE-T.

These monster wheels are true beadlock wheels with rings on both the inner and outer bead of the tire. With the amount of power the 5IVE-T produces and the sheer size of these tires, these wheels will provide a stable platform for the all-terrain tires. Many popular 1/5-scale tires will mount right on these beadlock wheels.

The 5IVE-T uses nothing but precision cut or formed, heat treated steel gears throughout the drive train. No plastic gears. These are the strongest and most durable type of gears available and expensive option items on other models.

The realistic cage provides added durability to the assembly absorbing impacts as well as a solid base for the modular body. The unique design allows the body and cage to be removed with only four screws and four body clips in seconds.

The four-piece body individual panels to be replaced in the event that it becomes damaged so an entire body does not need to be purchased to get the vehicle back to the factory look. Clear panels and stickers are sold separately to create your own look or retain the factory schemes.
Features

* Large-bore shocks with 7mm shafts & threaded adjusters
* 5MM chassis with CNC machining for strength and less weight
* Two-stage air and fuelfilter systems
* Powerful Losi® 2-stroke 26cc gasoline engine
* 1/4 -scale heavy-duty throttle servo for superior braking
* Adjustable bias dual-disk braking system
* 1/4-scale high torque metal gear steering servo * Extra-large 800cc fuel tank
* Spektrum SR3300T Telemetry Receiver with 2.4GHZ DSM Technology
* Three tunable sealed viscous differentials
* Multi-piece bead lock off-road wheels
* Impact Absorbing Bumpers
* Innovative sealed clutch mount with cooling fins
* Cv driveshafts used throughout
* 6V 3000mAh Receiver Battery and Charger

Product Specifications

Type:4WD Short Course Truck

Scale:1/5

Length:38 in (965.2mm)

Width:20.75 in (527mm)

Height:12.25 in (311.1mm)

Ground Clearance:2 in (50.8mm)

Wheelbase:24 in (609.6mm)

Chassis:5mm thick 7075 T6 aluminum

Suspension:4 wheel independent

Drivetrain:4WD with 3 silicone fluid differentials & centrifugal clutch

Tire Type:Off-Road all-terrain Performance high wear

Motor or Engine:26cc Gas

Radio:BND - Spektrum 3300T Telemetry Receiver

Batteries:3000MaH 6V NiMh receiver pack

Charger:Global AC charger

Wheel Size:4.75 in (120.6mm)

Kit/RTR:RTR

Shock Type:24MM diameter oil filled with compensation bladders

Body:4 piece, Short Course Truck
Ball Bearings:Throughout including steering

Fuel Tank Capacity:800CC

Minimum Age Recommendation:14 years

Experience Level:Advanced

Recommended Environment:Outdoor

Is Assembly Required:No[
/size]
Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Losiracer4life

The new HPI is going to be an electric 1/5th I'm assuming with the flux logo on the hood like I previously stated.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
splcrazy

the losi is ugly , you better off getting a rampage than the losi LOL , BUT I WILL GET THE HPI 4WD
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How dare they make it electric. I know the 1/5 scale castle system is insanely powerful, but gas is louder
Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Losi out did them? Losi is late to the game again... HPI has them beat again....LOL
Beat them with what...not 4WD

Old 09-08-2011, 06:01 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Beat them with what...not 4WD [img][/img]

HIP is coming out with a large scale 4 wheel drive. I really like my HPI but the Losi is going to be hard to beat.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:02 PM
JQuest64

Only time will tell. The Losi pics look nice, but the Baja has already proven to be a tough platform. Hopefully the Losi is a great platform and does well. The more manufacturers that succeed, the better it will be for us.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

A 1/5th flux 4wd 5ct? If hpi really listened to its customers we'd have our 1/5th scale 4wd savage. At this point it looks like if that's ever gonna happen its going to be from someone who has a lot of money and a nice cnc to home fab one.

I'll go back to my corner and wait, maybe now with a 4wd platform on the way we will see something soon.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Lars from Norway

ORIGINAL: sheograth

How dare they make it electric. I know the 1/5 scale castle system is insanely powerful, but gas is louder
Nahhh, just set the gear mesh a bit too tight and you will have a lot of noise
Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I highly doubt it. Losi's first effort into the 1/5th market...let's wait and see before making any bold statements.

As for this HPI, very interesting. Far more interesting than a losi gasser. Let's have a quick recap what the Savage Flux did for the nitro Savage. It slaughtered it. In every conceivable department. I don't care if you're one of those people that says 'it's the sound and the smell', the Flux trounced its nitro brethren and left them shivering in its wake. If this is planned to do the same to the HPI Baja 5b, then I for one can't wait to see it. I'll bet right now that this is more epic than the Losi.

The waiting game indeed.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

both losi 5ive-t and the brushless baja are in bajafest..prolly for testing.i read that losi brought 6 of 5ive -t and im missing out coz i didnt go this year!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I highly doubt it. Losi's first effort into the 1/5th market...let's wait and see before making any bold statements.
I like making bold statements...

Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As for this HPI, very interesting. Far more interesting than a losi gasser. Let's have a quick recap what the Savage Flux did for the nitro Savage. It slaughtered it. In every conceivable department. I don't care if you're one of those people that says 'it's the sound and the smell', the Flux trounced its nitro brethren and left them shivering in its wake. If this is planned to do the same to the HPI Baja 5b, then I for one can't wait to see it. I'll bet right now that this is more epic than the Losi.

The waiting game indeed.

Overstated. I'd rather run a nitro 1/10 Tower whatever-MT than a Savage Flux - or anything electric.. Boring.

I still go to a parking lot occasionally and run some tanks around in my MT, and the kids and even old guys and women whose jaws drop at the screaming nitro always gives me a kick. (Not that burning nitro and running the cars themselves doesn't also - it does..) But who really gets a thrill out of a silent electric zipping back and forth?... Not me - and lots of other people. Electric ain't all that.

As for gassers, this Losi is the first one to make it into the cool camp afaic... Assuming it holds up..
Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
mooman007uk

The waiting game indeed.

ahem Jon, guilty as charged i'd say lol . buzz you beat me to it

now this is my opinion but i know the majority concur; 5th scale are supposed to be gassers...how they started out and how they should be...10th and 1/8 prius power ...fine...my first rc was an elec tamiya monster beetle next was internal combustion and every one since...electric just isn't right in a 5th, .... it's not right in 1:1 either...want elec transport then take a train
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

The waiting game indeed.

Overstated. I'd rather run a nitro 1/10 Tower whatever-MT than a Savage Flux - or anything electric.. Boring.

I still go to a parking lot occasionally and run some tanks around in my MT, and the kids and even old guys and women whose jaws drop at the screaming nitro always gives me a kick. (Not that burning nitro and running the cars themselves doesn't also - it does..) But who really gets a thrill out of a silent electric zipping back and forth?... Not me - and lots of other people. Electric ain't all that.

As for gassers, this Losi is the first one to make it into the cool camp afaic... Assuming it holds up..
You have definately been sniffing to much nitro.... I used to only run nitro until I got a Savage Flux now my nitros sit collecting dust... Brushless and lipos all the way...
Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Electric - overgrown toy, like watching an action movie or NFL game on mute. Nitro - closest to the thrill of a real motorsport. Gas - not yet advanced enough to be as cool as nitro. Sounds like a lawnmower. (Looks like Losi might have brought it a good step closer.. Still, ultimately, the price will make it unbuyable for the majority..)

Nitro is my hobby, and it's what I like. I only comment when elo-fanboys start talking trash about it being somehow inferior.. Not at all. Unless maybe you're deaf anyway, or don't like the sound and smoke and thrill of screaming high-revving engines...(or, as is probably most often the case, just can't figure it out - as if it's that hard...)
Old 09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
splcrazy

ive made my decision , the losi looks ugly , and i hate electric , so if hpi makes the 4wd into electric , im getting a rampage xt thats it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.