Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 05:30 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

I was just reading on HBF where those at Hostile Baja Fest this past weekend said the Losi 5ive T held up VERY well and ran like it was on rails. Losi had 4 or 5 of them there and all where VERY impressed with them. So all the speculating is just that till the end users have a chance to put them to the real test.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Agreed bro!
Not sure why some are speculating on a product they don't have in there hands??
I'm sure Losi would not sell a race truck that pulled to one side or the other... it wouldn't finish a race to well..
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Some people call this effect torque steer, rightly or wrongly. It's certainly not called torque roll either except the effect observed in crawlers. If anyone does know what its called, feel free to shout.

EDIT: Ah, moo posted it above, torque effect. Thanks mate.

SRT, correct it's all in the diffs, but to eliminate it completely, is impossible and the more torque the bigger the problem. Gas engines have quite some torque, I'd be amazed if this effect isn't noticeable on the losi, but I'm prepared to be wrong.
I'm just going to jump out an say we wont see much of anything with this Torque steer roll whatever they call it...
and it can be eliminated with proper setup.. if not you could not race 1:1 scale very well at all
and if I'm wrong that's guna suck cuz everone who gets this bad boy is going to all have issues with it.. []
Nah I think you'll be right, only those who know what to look for will be able to 'feel' it, it 'probably' won't pull to one side like the Savage does, but 1:1 comparisons are not relevant anyway. If 1:1 cars had the same torque/weight, they would do scale speeds, like 500mph lus, so you can't notice it in 1:1. On road RC racers are all belt driven for this amongst other reasons.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Foxy

Agreed bro!
I'm sure Losi would not sell a race truck that pulled to one side or the other... it wouldn't finish a race to well..
Cos that's what forums are for! Speculating! Would be pretty boring if nobody talked about anything until it was out.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: 378

What I like: 4WD, the engine is longitudinally mounted for once so there should be less driveline resistance and it should be more reliable. Looks nice. Should be a tough little thing.

What I don't like: The price is pretty absurd, even for 1/5th scale stuff. 1500 for the Bind 'n Drive?! The name is...well, the name's absurd too. Nobody in Losi's R&D department is any good at naming things if the best they can come up with is 5IVE. Aaaand the engine and mounts look proprietary, as if it will be a bit of a faff getting any of the maany hotter 5B engines to pop in there.
That engine position is going to cause tremendous torque steer, definitely not an advantage. What makes you say it should be tough? Losi doesn't exactly have a reputation for tough! lol. I have no idea, nor will I be even remotely interested in it, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
............In the videos for the Losi truck it did not appear to have a torque steer problem. I believe with a non modified motor you should not have any torque steer problems butttttttt when you start putting highly modified motors in you might have a problem with torque steer. We won't know until this truck spends some time on the track. I know I put a .28 modified Nova Rossi in my NTC-3 and it was a inline engine arrangment and I did not have any torque steer problems .
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM
46u

Cos that's what forums are for! Speculating! Would be pretty boring if nobody talked about anything until it was out.
I am not saying speculating is bad I was just saying that is all it is till the end user put it to the test. The only real review I take stock in is when the end user does them. I have yet seen a bad review buy any magazines, people associated with forums, or what ever, as it would not be good business for them.

I am speculating that the Losi 5ive T is going to be a good machine. I am not one to buy a first version as many times there are bugs they have to work out and in my situation not sure I will ever be able to get one.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 AM
srt10

Some people call this effect torque steer, rightly or wrongly. It's certainly not called torque roll either except the effect observed in crawlers. If anyone does know what its called, feel free to shout.

SRT, correct it's all in the diffs, but to eliminate it completely, is impossible and the more torque the bigger the problem. Gas engines have quite some torque, I'd be amazed if this effect isn't noticeable on the losi, but I'm prepared to be wrong.
I'm just going to jump out an say we wont see much of anything with this Torque steer roll whatever they call it...
and it can be eliminated with proper setup.. if not you could not race 1:1 scale very well at all
and if I'm wrong that's guna suck cuz everone who gets this bad boy is going to all have issues with it.. []
Nah I think you'll be right, only those who know what to look for will be able to 'feel' it, it 'probably' won't pull to one side like the Savage does, but 1:1 comparisons are not relevant anyway. If 1:1 cars had the same torque/weight, they would do scale speeds, like 500mph lus, so you can't notice it in 1:1. On road RC racers are all belt driven for this amongst other reasons.
Actually were not talking 500mph scale speeds but aceleration from a stop on the torque steer and coming out of the corners a full tilt...
There a lots of high hp 1:1 cars that can out excelerate our toys without the torque steer...
But the tue test is when we get the remote to this bad boy in our hands! Yeah!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: 46u

Yes Zen is better but I have not had a moments trouble out of any of my CY engines.
it surprises me that since Horizon owns Losi, and is also the US distributor for Zenoah, that they would put a CY engine in the truck. obviously to save some cash, and make pricing better for you and me, but if i was a zenoah big wig i would be pissed that my largest sole distributor just yanked away thousands of engine sales for a new OEM application.
i have an HPI baja 5T and the CY's get replaced by a Zen in pretty short order, as soon as the 2 bolt head starts leaking. i guess zen wins in the end anyway.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Foxy

Actually were not talking 500mph scale speeds but aceleration from a stop on the torque steer and coming out of the corners a full tilt...
There a lots of high hp 1:1 cars that can out excelerate our toys without the torque steer...
But the tue test is when we get the remote to this bad boy in our hands! Yeah!
Reminds me of the old...

Old 09-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: 378

What I like: 4WD, the engine is longitudinally mounted for once so there should be less driveline resistance and it should be more reliable. Looks nice. Should be a tough little thing.

What I don't like: The price is pretty absurd, even for 1/5th scale stuff. 1500 for the Bind 'n Drive?! The name is...well, the name's absurd too. Nobody in Losi's R&D department is any good at naming things if the best they can come up with is 5IVE. Aaaand the engine and mounts look proprietary, as if it will be a bit of a faff getting any of the maany hotter 5B engines to pop in there.
That engine position is going to cause tremendous torque steer, definitely not an advantage. What makes you say it should be tough? Losi doesn't exactly have a reputation for tough! lol. I have no idea, nor will I be even remotely interested in it, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
............In the videos for the Losi truck it did not appear to have a torque steer problem. I believe with a non modified motor you should not have any torque steer problems butttttttt when you start putting highly modified motors in you might have a problem with torque steer. We won't know until this truck spends some time on the track. I know I put a .28 modified Nova Rossi in my NTC-3 and it was a inline engine arrangment and I did not have any torque steer problems .
If you raced it competitively you would have noticed it favoured turning out of corners in one particular direction. This is even noticceable in on oroad cars with .12 engines, anyway, yes I exaggerated, I don't think it really will have 'tremendous' torque steer like I said, but I do think as someone who is very familiar with the effect, that I would be able to notice it.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 AM
srt10

Love the wheels stands!
Reminds me of my 73' bird back in the day with a buit 455 in it...
Front end would come up and get day light under the front tires.. fun car for sure!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
46u

I personally have not had any trouble with the 4, 2 bolt CY engines I have and some have about 10 gallons on them. I agree 4 bolt and Zen engines are better but in my opinion nothing wrong with a properly built CY. Yes I am sure they run CY to keep the cost down.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are really arguing about torque steer in something no one has driven? It cant be compared to cars with solid axles (Foxy's pictures), because the torque steer happens for completely different reasons. Besides... sway bars fix all.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Foxy

Just speculating. My fault, I exaggerated a bit I do that sometimes.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: proanti1

You guys are really arguing about torque steer in something no one has driven? It cant be compared to cars with solid axles (Foxy's pictures), because the torque steer happens for completely different reasons. Besides... sway bars fix all.
...................Foxy is not arguing he was just pointing out something that could be a potential problem.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:28 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I was at Bajafest and saw the Losi in person. They did very well for first time out in public. I wish we could have found a stock Baja to race with the stock Losi, but no one would own up to having a stock Baja. Once they started putting in higher HP engines, they were outdriving the Bajas. The 4x4 will definitely be a huge advantage racing on any course, espcially if all cars are runnning the same HP engines. 2 different classes will be a must now. No more throwing the lone 4x4 into a Baja class.

The aftermarket guys will have something to do, even if the Losi is as bulletproof as some are saying. Give it some time and the little problems will come out.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

Im calling my hobby shop and ordering two!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 AM
rayliza
Banned

Online Car Auctions

You do not need to know about cars in order to get a good car at online car auctions. What you do need to know are a few secrets on how the bidding is conducted in order to get your dream car.Sometimes it's hard to find good deals on anything. Most people don't realize that there is a way to save thousands of dollars when they want to buy a new car. If you can find a repo car for sale at a public or government auction you can save big. And if you really do your homework you can buy an almost brand new car or truck at a huge discount.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM
TGNman

The Losi 5IVE-T weighs 37 pounds 2.5 ounces with out gas. A new HPI 5SC with out gas weighs 29 pounds 4.5 ounces. We are told the release date is October 1st but ya just never know these days...

TGN and LSN will keep you guys posted and share our information with RC Universe. You can see the truck for pre-sale and a list of parts we have confirmed fit the Losi here:
http://www.tgndistributing.com/large...si-5ive-t.html

We will update the world on any and all Losi news at http://largescalenews.com/ and expect more images and videos coming very soon.

Question for you all... Many years ago I would come here and chat about our FG MT 1/5 and then years later our HPI Baja 5b and now our Losi 5IVE-T. What's next?

Mark Hull
Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 AM
46u

I new it would be over 30 pounds since the video I watched said 30 plus. Thanks for the update.

That is only one reason I run the 5b as stock ready to run with out fuel is around 22 to 23 pounds. I am sorry to say with the up grades I have mine ready to run with out fuel weights just over 25 pounds. LOL I know many with a 5b that weighs 35 or more pounds. [X(]
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM
TGNman

ORIGINAL: 46u

I new it would be over 30 pounds since the video I watched said 30 plus. Thanks for the update.

That is only one reason I run the 5b as stock ready to run with out fuel is around 22 to 23 pounds. I am sorry to say with the up grades I have mine ready to run with out fuel weights just over 25 pounds. LOL I know many with a 5b that weighs 35 or more pounds. [X(]
Oh yeah, with mods you can get to mid to high 30's FAST on a baja. You will not see as many mods being used by the average user on the Losi 5IVE-T though. The billet will be out there but not as much as you see with the average user on the 5b.

Mark Hull
Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: TGNman

Oh yeah, with mods you can get to mid to high 30's FAST on a baja. You will not see as many mods being used by the average user on the Losi 5IVE-T though. The billet will be out there but not as much as you see with the average user on the 5b.

Mark Hull
I agree but I do all I can to keep mine as light as possible. I do think the 5ive T is going to be a very good vehicle. I am waiting to see some end user reviews.
Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

Im calling my hobby shop and ordering two!
send one my way!!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

LOL, welcome to the internet.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Croozer

LOL, welcome to the internet.
LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.