Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

that vcr/obr looks tasty!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: sheograth

What is that pipe? I didn't know anyone made one yet.
VRC propipe [8D]

also hear that a couple of UK pipe builders are getting onboard

what i want to know, now that it looks like the 5ive will be the new 5b as regards aftermarket upgrades and usa sales, etc etc, is how many people/organizations, are thinking of building tracks to race them on....all i've heard on various forums is how peops are going to stuff the biggest engine in it they can find to go faster (like they did in their 5b's), but go fast where? i think the 5ive was more built to race on...a short course track maybe rather than hack donuts and go fast in straight lines so wondering if more tracks will be forthcoming.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Team5hite

Well ill be racing mine in the UK National series, Looks like ill have to race as an outlaw next year as the
Losi is a bit too long to meet the 4x4 regs, But who knows if theres enough of us we could have a SC Truck series for 2013
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

I just ordered my oneil brothers 30cc motor 6.75 hp torque motor it will be built by thursday and overnighted to me so I have it friday woooohooooo!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Automan

After a few weeks thinking about what to get myself for christmas i finally.. finally made up my mind My truck is now on it's way by fedex to my home as im writing this, pretty excited about it but there is no way im allowed to open it until christmas *grrrrr* it will be guarded by my fiance and our pets they know i just cant stand waiting for things like this... i guess they like to torture me

I have already dug out a nice 29cc engine that was in another truck that i dont use, so i will put the engine from the new truck in that old truck and the 29cc in this Losi 5ive truck and use it until i find a engine i really want for this new truck, i guess 29cc is better then 26cc for the time beeing.

I am using a Futaba 4pks and love it, and was thinking about getting just another rx for this truck... or maybe get a new radio, not that big difference in price im thinking about the Sanwa m11x.. bad idea or what you think ?

Can i use tires and rims from my Hpi 5sc ss ? would be cool if i could.

How can i get hold of the new tunepipes for this Losi 5ive ? somewhere in Europe... England maybe ? if i get a new radio a pipe will have to wait until next month, but if i only get a rx then i would like to get one now.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

MMR LargeScale will have several of these pipes int he next few weeks.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

MMR LargeScale will have several of these pipes int he next few weeks.

Thank you for the information,i will check them out as soon as they are available on the site. Do you have a site that shows these pipes while i wait?

Personally opinion,if the pipes effect and quality justify a higher pricerange then i see no problem. Would be great with some spec's and other useful info.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:46 AM
mike_humphreys

You say you're not allowed to open it untill christmas but surely you need to open it and run it in to "check it's ok".

There is talk of Modelcargo (Samba pipes) making an exhaust for this truck.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: mike_humphreys

You say you're not allowed to open it untill christmas but surely you need to open it and run it in to ''check it's ok''.

There is talk of Modelcargo (Samba pipes) making an exhaust for this truck.
Ah, those nice old samba pipes... i think i had a samba monstertruck pipe for my FG monstertruck a long time ago.

Mike.H, thanks for the advice but she have heard it all before and learned to much about how everything work but i will not give up
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

VRC propipe [8D]

also hear that a couple of UK pipe builders are getting onboard

what i want to know, now that it looks like the 5ive will be the new 5b as regards aftermarket upgrades and usa sales, etc etc, is how many people/organizations, are thinking of building tracks to race them on....all i've heard on various forums is how peops are going to stuff the biggest engine in it they can find to go faster (like they did in their 5b's), but go fast where? i think the 5ive was more built to race on...a short course track maybe rather than hack donuts and go fast in straight lines so wondering if more tracks will be forthcoming.

It was for this reason I purchased a gas boat....but then you have to contest with other issues....like FULL SIZE BOATS....lol...

The 1/8 scale nitros seem to be the best compromize between scale size and power.....

The first half of that vid...I was like...."that is slow"/////
But after that those trucks look VERY PROMISING>>>...

LOoks like fun...if they have the tracks....

Just need the guys to buy the trucks...then you will have the tracks....
Old 12-08-2011, 05:51 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Many think large scale is slow but it only looks like it do to their size.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: 46u

May think large scale is slow but it only looks like it do to their size.
I totally agree.

And about the price of this new Losi 5ive... everyone who say it's a high price for a largescale must be insane or just not used to the largescale market at all. The price this truck have is a great value and for me personally to compare it to my first largescale is depressing. When i bought my stock FG monstertruck long ago around christmas 2005 i think it was... and that was much smaller, 2wd, had no servos, no rx, no hoopups at all and almost everything was plastic etc... i paid more then i did for this Losi 5ive.

I will remove the rx and engine (but i think the stock engine will keep many happy and are not a must change thing) but in my opinion Losi did give us a very good price on this truck, feels like they want to say... thanks for waiting, and gave us a pretty nice start with some small upgrades already on it and seams like well built and not rushed out. Yeas i know about the minor things like check the shocks and maybe two short screws in one place, but overall a very well designed truck.

Bare with me, feels like im rambling because my box arrived today, and im not allowed to open it until christmas... i cant think of a more painful way to wait for christmas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45584.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1697097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65935.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1697098  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 AM
46u

Most companies do not make a lot off the kit or vehicles where they make their money are on the parts they sell. If you want a custom paint job or different then stock, the 4 pieces for the losi body is around $260. I do think the Lois is a good platform but waiting to hear from those when they get 4 or 5 gallons on the. Does not matter as in my situation I am happy if I do not have to sell my 5b. Thanks all and keep us up to date.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
kyleandtavion

What do you want to know..... I have ran through 4 gallons of av gas and one gallon of r110 race fuel. Tomorrow I receive my 6.75hp obr motor. Truck still works great.... Only thing I don't like is sluggish steering and what seems to be fatigue in the steering servo halfway through tank of gas. Servo starts to barely work even though it has plenty of battery power left.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

5 gallons already, I bet you can't wait to put in a new engine and see that thing come to life. I can barely get a half-gallon a day racing on my stuff, then it sits for a few weeks.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:14 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

What do you want to know..... I have ran through 4 gallons of av gas and one gallon of r110 race fuel. Tomorrow I receive my 6.75hp obr motor. Truck still works great.... Only thing I don't like is sluggish steering and what seems to be fatigue in the steering servo halfway through tank of gas. Servo starts to barely work even though it has plenty of battery power left.

You may want to look into switching to a LiFe battery for your receiver. It has been documented that hold more consistent power than NimH batteries. I am about to do the switch for all my big beasts.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:30 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

You may want to look into switching to a LiFe battery for your receiver. It has been documented that hold more consistent power than NimH batteries. I am about to do the switch for all my big beasts.

and maybe the extra amps will help to?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:08 AM
46u

Those getting new motors are you getting a long rod or standard rod? Not talking stroke but long or standard rod?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: srt10

Maybe...I am only talking about the 6.6V versions

Old 12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: srt10

Maybe...I am only talking about the 6.6V versions
that should put out more amps for the servo
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM
kyleandtavion

Looks like Jetpro is coming out with a second pipe version for the 5IVE. Here are pictures I will do a comparison of the two pipes they offer as soon as I receive the prototype hopefully monday. I will run both pipes on my sons stock truck and both pipes on my OBR 30cc motor. I am assuming the price will be the same but dont quote me on this. 189.99 is the cost for the first pipe. This new one maybe more I am not aware. I like the design it looks great. This pipe should go into production next week. Dino is working his butt off on getting all of us some great products so hats off to him.

Name:	Ro42068.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1697665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12883.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1697666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35442.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1697667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke90547.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1697668  
Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good...
Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 PM
wyattroa

i will see how people like this truck... I wont get anything until spring time comes around.. I can replace my nutech if need be since I love how this truck looks and I have a 30.5 full mod in that..
Old 12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
kyleandtavion

Here are some pictures of the Oneill brothers 30cc. They make two engines specific for the Losi 5ive. One is 27cc and the one I bought is the 30cc. This is a full mod motor cost was 575.00 rated at 6.75 horsepower. Make sure whenever buying a aftermarket motor that you pickup a zenoah. I have had many built cy engines in the past and maybe it is just me but I always blow head gaskets due to the two bolt head. Zenoah's have four bolts you wil have way more reliability with your power. If you have built any engine at all model or full scale you will know what I mean when I stress high performance with reliability. It just equals more fun lol.

Name:	Pn36587.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1697910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99284.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1697911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78821.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1697912  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 PM
srt10

has anyone thought about or is doing a brushless conversion in the 5ive-T ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.