Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Al Morancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

Oh man I'm bummed to hear that man, I've been running the same locker with out any trouble so far, powered by a ddm big bore 30.5 no real motor mods and a jet pro pipe. It's a blast drifting around my track at wot for sure. After trashing CV protectors I found these, life time warranty www.customcvp.com 3 different sizes, I'm running the super xl's. Man i hope my rear diff hangs in for a while. Just went to Savox hi power servos, 235 for steering and a 236 for trottle and brake, the 236 acted up like a bunch of guys had happen to them and I took it apart and found a bad solder at the motor where the motor meets the board, that parts is attached rigtht to the brush inside the motor, so I made a new one up and she's been running like a charm for a month. It was on the steering side with the stock steering servo on the throttle, then the steering servo went in the baja so I got the new savox for the 5ive and put the losi stocker in the baja for steering, lol just a big mash of parts, whatever works right. The losi stock steering servo is a good servo imho. They are both happy and running the same mills, now i need the trutle pull starter for the baja. That pull starter is about the happyiest upgrade I've done, No more holding my breath and hoping this isn't the pull that ends it. I'm ordering another one today. Something else to chew on gents, I'm testing a new clutch from Buku, it's our stock shoes with their new Komposite material. We'll keep you all posted, got to clear the bond and test for wear, but that material on my 8th scale nitros I'm getting 6 gallons of fuel with big blocks in two different trucks, an XL with a picco 28 and a revo with an LRP 30. The material is unreal, while those shoes are brass and disapates heat better I can be bashing with a mill at 260 and my clutch will be 140. Same set of beariing for 6 months now. No heat to kill them. Our hopes are to reshoe worn out shoes, it will work as long as the shoe has gone down to metel on metel and created a flat spot. Dave mailed them out yesterday, when I get them I'll put up some pics and video. Bash on bro, it's like summer here today. Burning everything today, Gas, Nitro, & electricity. lol Peace guys.
ORIGINAL: kyleandtavion

So I had a fun experience today.... Just installed a vertigo spool in place of center differential. It worked awesome with my full mod zenoah from oneill brothers. Super fast and it really got the power to the ground. Well then the fun ended ...... totally grenaded the rear differential. Next looks like dark soul billet diff cases
Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey they look good... Dare say it would be easy to make them...

Do u guys run heat shrink on the joints?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Al Morancy

Bro, you talking heat shrinking the cv joint?
or something else, do you? interesting thought, no dust, the protectors won't stop dust. Cool thought
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Hey they look good... Dare say it would be easy to make them...

Do u guys run heat shrink on the joints?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 AM
phmaximus

Yeah bud, that's what I was thinking. Heat shrink is so cheap...

That way it will keep grease in and dirt out...

Mine should be here Friday..... I've got a super bee cut off on order.... Come on post man...
Old 04-19-2012, 04:46 AM
phmaximus

Wooooowhooooo

Got it today.... Awesome heaps of comments at my track...
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

Hmmm well my Motor must have more power then yours Not sure what the difference of a DDM 30.5 or a Oneill brothers full Mod motor but anyways so I put in the spool in rear diff so I now I am spooled rear diff and center diff and wouldnt your know it this tank of gas I grenade front diff lol. I saw on DDM website that for 140 clams I can get a billet housing for the front diff. This is my next move. When I pulled the rear diff appart this is what I found and same with the front. All four screws are sheared off and the screw holes in plastic differential housings are ripped out so when you pull diff out it just falls apart. Spider gears are in tact along with pins they ride on. Its just a 5k weight diff oil, screw and chunks of plastic milkshake!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 PM
auto2

when you took out the center and rear to put the spools in were any diff screws loose? im guessing the ft had loose screws and that is what happenned over time.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:38 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

No they weren't loose I changed diff fluid and used red Loctite. They failed from over double the power they were built for. I also inspected all of it when I changed out center and all screws were tight. The plastic diff housings are the cause of failure.

ORIGINAL: auto2

when you took out the center and rear to put the spools in were any diff screws loose? im guessing the ft had loose screws and that is what happenned over time.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Al Morancy

Congrats man, Now the real fun starts, hopping that baby up is a blast, tough on the wallet but a blast anyway, I'm working with Dave from Buku Power Products to re shoe worn out clutch shoes with his Komposite material. I've been testing for him for a year now and I've got 2 big block nitro's in a Revo and a Savage XL, an LRP .30 and a Picco .28 and I'm going for 6 gallons on the same set of shoes in both trucks, same bearing too. This stuff is unreal, the difference is the small shoes are made of brass and it conducts heat better than the steel we have in the big guys. Never the less this material is as close to bullet proof as you can get, he's worried it's going to bog down stock motors due to the amount of grab this stuff has. I'm hoping the proto gets here tomorrow to start testing. Here is a pic of the first shoe. Keep you posted, man this is going to be a game changer, I"m sick of burning up clutches way to fast.

[img][/img]
ORIGINAL: phmaximusClick here to upload images and files!

Wooooowhooooo

Got it today.... Awesome heaps of comments at my track...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47943.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1752552  
Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 PM
phmaximus

cool....

Naughty me found out after running it in & a good bash its a older model with the short bumper to bulkhead screws.... luckly i dident brake it

here are some pics.... more to come... no kidding this thing is fast around a 1/8 buggy track.... just need to set up the brakes... front was locking up making tight turns impossible

Old 04-20-2012, 05:46 PM
phmaximus

Wel,,,,l I worked a great way to clean the body..... I think I made my wife jellous at the same time....
I HAD A SHOWER WITH IT lol...... it worked a treat... this week im going to use some roller door lube to protect the screws from rust & use it on the plastic to repell dirt
Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 PM
phmaximus

Ive had a few problems....

My throttle servo is dead
My Steering servo makes strange noises and lacks torque
My shock dust boots are split
and its got the short bumper to bulkhead screws....

ive only rrun it twice............. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 AM
phmaximus

Damm the body is easy to crack on these...
Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
phmaximus

Bugga, just broke a front suspension arm and pin
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Broncomike1985

Default Lights

Can anyone recommend a great set of lights for the 5ive T?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ESP Race Ported 29cc Big Bore Kit

Got some updates on mine. Maybe this will help some one out??

Old 02-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the first run out of the way!