Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

QUESTION?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Flyfreak7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION?

Im new to giant scale cars I dont want to spend a lot. I was thinking about a King motorsports 5b. Or the Redcat racing Rampage MT. Which one is the most durable out of the box? I love monster trucks. But I know that the KM parts are the same as Hpi so parts will be easy to get. What do you guys think?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:54 PM
splcrazy

Default RE: QUESTION?

I think they are both the same in durability , the 5b been around longer and the quality of clone parts for them I think may be improving , plus you can get parts very easily for them , there is now area rc that sell identical clone aftermarket parts for 5b , the rampage is good but I think its boring not much aftermarket hop ups available for it
Old 10-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Rampage MT is a horrible idea... if you must spend very little money then go for the Rampage XT, a far lighter more durable design over the old Rampage MT.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM
stalker77

Is anybody suprised by that response?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Alot of people in Indiana have the Redcats, you can probably drive a bit and see one in action. PM me if you want me to hook you up with one of my customers.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:32 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Either will take a bit to make durable. The problem with a XB or XT is they are having a few issues that hopefully will be worked out but at the moment have not been. I would like to have a XB myself but not until the rear diff case problem is solved or a after market part made to fix it. Large scale is much more expensive then the smaller scales.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 AM
cheezer1222

I think that one thing people are forgetting to ask is whether the OP wants 2WD or 4WD. That seems to be one of the biggest differences between those two vehicles (IMO).

46u, I know the MT had the problem with the diff cups, but in my experience you really didn't have to worry that much about it until you started dropping bigger power plants into the MT. Is the XB/XT diff case problem a similar situation, or is it something to worry about straight out of the box? I ask because maybe the OP will be fine with an XB/XT if they stick with the stock engine.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Cheezer, you would have to ask someone who actually owns one. Both Sherv and 46U don't have the Redcats, so they are just basing their comments on a few bad circumstances. The bulks of thousands of owners have not had problems with the cases or the diff cups.

I just put a Flowsystem Racing Side pipe on my XT, so we will see how much power is too much power.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Flyfreak7

It doesnt matter if its 4wd or 2wd. I was thinking that the 4wd would have more problems over the 2wd. I love the looks of the MT. If it matters I was looking at the V3. I dont know if they are more durable over the earlier versions or not. The only reason I was also was thinking about the KM 5b is how easy parts would be to get.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Parts aren't a question on the Redcat either. There are now stocking dealers all over the USA, and you can get parts in one to 3 days from any of them.

The MT is the biggest Mosnter Truck out there. If you are looking for size, then the Redcat is a great choice. if you are looking for various hop ups, then the Baja is better.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:09 PM
splcrazy

which is bigger the mt or xt ? isn't the xt the new model I thought it was bigger .
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

The MT is much bigger than the XT. The XT is the new lightweight model.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
noyb98098

Ahh- I'd have to disagree with that one. I've owned the Redcat MT for 2years (unlike other folks) and it's not bigger than the Hurrax Yuckon- Data is verifiable buy going to either one of the companies web sites. That Flowsystem Pipe is very nice! Have you fired it up yet?

Hurrax Yuckon - Length = 820mm Width = 620mm H = 410mm
Redcat MT - Length = 740mm Width = 600mm H = 350mm

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

The MT is the biggest Mosnter Truck out there. If you are looking for size, then the Redcat is a great choice. if you are looking for various hop ups, then the Baja is better.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Yep, you are right about the Yulon, I've never seen that one before.

The video of the Flowsystem pipe will be out tonight. If it doesn't wheelie with teh stock 30.5cc, we are going to put a 36cc in it and force it to lift teh front end at least 4 inches.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
noyb98098

Would love to see it! I got a buddy who's interested in the XT, he'd love to get this pipe!

The video of the Flowsystem pipe will be out tonight. If it doesn't wheelie with teh stock 30.5cc, we are going to put a 36cc in it and force it to lift teh front end at least 4 inches.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: noyb98098

Would love to see it! I got a buddy who's interested in the XT, he'd love to get this pipe!

His name start with an S by chance?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Flyfreak7

So which is better the MT or the 5b Strait out of the box ?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 PM
noyb98098

No! This person actually gets something when he says he going to!

ORIGINAL: Obeast44

Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Obeast44

Ahh, thats always a good thing to keep your word

@ Flyfreak: I would take an MT v3 over a KM. Just my personal preference, as I hate wrenching on Bajas.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Sherv

Ha ha ha

I am so broke i only have 38 dollars to last till my next paycheck (next thursday).
2400 dollar mortgage takes its TOLL!

You just cant win with the Redcat crowd... You promote the better model they sell... And they still give you crap. :P

However... I do have money to buy my new octo-core CPU for my Xen Server lab :P
Priorities!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Flyfreak7

$2400 on your mortgage wow! I thought my $1400 was bad
Old 10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
cheezer1222

ORIGINAL: Flyfreak7

It doesnt matter if its 4wd or 2wd. I was thinking that the 4wd would have more problems over the 2wd. I love the looks of the MT. If it matters I was looking at the V3. I dont know if they are more durable over the earlier versions or not. The only reason I was also was thinking about the KM 5b is how easy parts would be to get.
I asked about 2WD vs. 4WD because depending on the location you're running your vehicle, 4WD may be a better option. I would definitely recommend 4WD if you plan on running it in the snow. As far as maintenance goes, I didn't find myself working on my Rampage any more than my 5b, but I suppose there is the potential for more problems with a 4WD vehicle based on the fact that it has more moving parts.

Either option is good. I've had both (5b and MT), and I enjoyed running both of them.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Flyfreak7

Man no help lol! Maybe I should just buy both! But I think 2 might be hard to sneek past the wife! Im leaning towards the 5b. But the truck looks just plain cool. After all size does matter! lol.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: Sherv

Ha ha ha

I am so broke i only have 38 dollars to last till my next paycheck (next thursday).

You just cant win with the Redcat crowd... You promote the better model they sell... And they still give you crap. :P

Priorities!
Haha Its all good man, just givin ya $h!T.

Flyfreak, whichever you choose be prepared to spend some $$ on them. All these cars break and require lots of maintenance to keep them performing their best.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Sherv

ORIGINAL: Sherv

Ha ha ha

Priorities!
Haha Its all good man, just givin ya $h!T.

Flyfreak, whichever you choose be prepared to spend some $$ on them. All these cars break and require lots of maintenance to keep them performing their best.
Aint that the truth... No such thing as a cheap 1/5th scale. Doesn't matter how much one spends initially... They are all expensive to keep running especially if you bash.
Hey obeast find a buyer for my nutech and i'll buy an XT :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.