Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Are we ready for a 100mph RTR??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:58 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are we ready for a 100mph RTR??

Are we ready for a 100mph RTR?? Traxxas has released a 1/7 scale electric onroad car capable of 100mph!! WOW!! THATS GREAT!! Or is it where the heck can you safely run this beast?? In my opinion a vehicle this fast should be ran on a closed circuit for safety reason with barriers to protect the spectators. You have two dangers with this car the high speed and the lipo batteries that may explode on impact with another car going 100mph. Then you have the area of resposibilty for the hobbyshop to make the parents aware that this is NOT A TOY and a child under 12 should not operate this car with out parental supervision. A unsupervised child running a car like this could seriously injure another child . And then the next thing you know we get banned from running our cars on public property. Whats your opinion ?? Do you think we are ready for a 100mph RTR?? I don't.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are we ready for a 100mph RTR??

I know im ready, with something like this i really think i can push the limits on a daily driver type car. Im already thinking on how to get more speed out of this thing. Im 99% sure ill be buying this car seeing as i have TONS of rc related stuff i was going to unload anyways AND i haven't bought anything RC related stuff this year except a ton of miniz tires LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Shabbernigdo

imo 100mph is pretty pointless unless you just like doing speed runs up and down the street. Id imagine going fast in a straight line all thetimewould get pretty boring pretty fast.
There are alredy warnings on most rc vehicles warning that they are not toys but it dosent matter if the end user dosent pay attention to it.
Ilook forward to all the you tube vids of these things blowing up on impact with a curb or other stationary object lol
Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 PM
nitrohead5300

MiamizFinest you can make anything fast
Old 11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
nitrohead5300

I hope the users are resposible Shabbernigdo
Old 11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

imo 100mph is pretty pointless unless you just like doing speed runs up and down the street. Id imagine going fast in a straight line all the time would get pretty boring pretty fast.
There are alredy warnings on most rc vehicles warning that they are not toys but it dosent matter if the end user dosent pay attention to it.
I look forward to all the you tube vids of these things blowing up on impact with a curb or other stationary object lol

That's exactly what we do, but of course 2-3-4 cars drag racing down the street at the same time. Its anything far from boring!!! Hell watching cars going in a oval circle OVER AND OVER AND OVER seems pretty boring to me!!!

Everyone has different tastes!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:04 PM
On2_n_On4

imo 100mph is pretty pointless unless you just like doing speed runs up and down the street. Id imagine going fast in a straight line all the time would get pretty boring pretty fast.
I look forward to all the you tube vids of these things blowing up on impact with a curb or other stationary object lol
pointless? lol personal preference m8t.

if you look around,,,theres a HUGE market for it...otherwise, I'm sure traxxas would have not made it.
people dont get bored going up and down the street or parking lots, at half of those speeds... why would they get bored at 100?
Im not a traxxas fan but thats a cool car.

by the way...IMO, planes and helis are way more dangerous (at the same or less speed) than a car going up and down the street.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not like you have to go fast all the time. It's a 4wd touring car (kinda), so I can imagine it is still pretty fun to drive regardless of speed.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
splcrazy

any pictures of this thing ?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:48 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This model is not giant scale and there are already several threads about it. In general discussion and in Electric On Road cars.