Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

looking for a new rc

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 PM
biker2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a new rc

i have been looking at the hpi 5b the kit. i am wondering what you all need to get it going> i heard the on/off switch, servo, and reciever and battery. any recommendations of them would be great, and some upgrades to get out of the box. and a good motor to get thats i can supe up. i will use the hpi feulie as a backup
Old 01-16-2012, 02:57 PM
tapkoote

Default RE: looking for a new rc

Biker
I put together the HPI buggy over the Xmas holiday, my first build. And I'd do it again.
I did get the throttle linkage up grade, and ended up getting a dominator pipe.
The tuned supplied wouldn't fit under the body I've got planned.
Here's a clip of the first start up. sweet!
http://youtu.be/XVwCy0zIa0Q
Aljo if your out there here's the pipe I was talking about, should be even quieter when I get the body on.
tap
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: biker2006

i have been looking at the hpi 5b the kit. i am wondering what you all need to get it going> i heard the on/off switch, servo, and reciever and battery. any recommendations of them would be great, and some upgrades to get out of the box. and a good motor to get thats i can supe up. i will use the hpi feulie as a backup
A good throttle servo might be a good start. You could probably stick with the stock steering servo to save some money, they're not terrible. Mine just died last week after serving its purpose for something like 3 years. You could also upgrade the fuelie itself. Maybe pick up a head kit. It would be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new engine. A good tuned pipe is another thing to look at (I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions on those). And one last thing, if you're not already familiar with [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/sc.12/category.68422/.f]DDM's Deal of the Day[/link], it's a good way to upgrade as you go, and save yourself some money in the process ($10 clutches today).
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 PM
biker2006

i want to keep the feulie stock. as a back up and get a whole another motor and build it up. or verse vasa. i just want a stock motor incase i get to crazy with mods, i will hopeful buying mine once taxes come in. i have always wanted one and this is going to be the year this is the plan so far. killer bee kill switch and team twisted throttle link, killer rc power switch, vemon power reciever battery, and hitec 5645 throttle servo. plus my futuba reciever. in the future will be a new motor with some goodies and a hitec 805 servo, led light kit. and alot more as i look in to it more! please let me know if the things i have ordered will work to begin with! thank you!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Johnnysplits

Definitely the killer bee kill switch as one of your first purchases for sure
Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 AM
rcmodelz

Rcmodelz.co.uk is the official distributor in the uk for king motor baja buggy and parts
Old 01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

First question you need to decide on is if you want 2 or 4 wheel drive. Where will you be running and on what type of surface?