Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Shock Oil?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 AM
tizdaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Oil?

hi guys

ok need a bit of advice please!

i have an FG Monster Beetle Pro for about 7 years, never changed the oil in my shocks once since i had it! ..only because there was no need to. But over the past year ive pretty much upgraded most of it to alloy (especially the rear end).

Anyway because of this the rear end has dropped & theres very little rebound (if any) due to the extra weight so basically the rear end has very little shock travel & im guessing this is down to the shock oil & springs as.

So what i wanna know is which oil should i get? im guessing a i need much thicker oil & better springs (the springs at the moment are the stock FG ones) ..i do alot of jumping & bashing & racing etc.. bit of all sortes really, but i want my rear shocks to work as they did so they have full rebound again!

ive been looking at the 40wt silicone but i dont have a clue really as ive never done an oil change before & same goes for the springs ?

any ideas please? ..the front ones seem fine still & are nice & stiff with full rebound as my front end is still pretty much stock.

thanks guys