Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

ID this Sprint Car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ID this Sprint Car?

I tried on QSL, but haven't been able to sign on or even contact a mod since they switched servers. I'm selling it on the 'bay.

I believe it's from the mid- to late-80's, lost the data due to a laptop dying. Also needs a new header , if anyone knows a supplier that would be helpful. I was going to have a local weld shop repair this one.

Thanx for your help!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50797.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	1741441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60608.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	1741442  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
stingerg64

Default RE: ID this Sprint Car?

Has WCM written all over it. Good luck getting those guys to answer the phone or e-mail. Your best bet for repair is to have the welding shop cut a piece of tube in. How much are you asking for it on e-bay if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with your sale.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
eddieC

Thanx for the tip, I'll have it done tomorrow.  It's passed the reserve, so we'll see. Has a couple more days to go.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM
DTW

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As Mike (QSL) mentioned in this thread, it's definitely WCM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...tm.htm#9672767

With the scrapes all over the bottom of the frame in the picture you posted above, it might not hurt to mention that on your eBay listing, unless it's been fully restored since that picture was taken. You say it's fully restored in your listing, but some guys might expect that means that it's as good as it was when manufactured. You wouldn't want it to sell at >$1000 only to find the guy won't pay.

Regards
DW
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM
ozzyhillbilly

ORIGINAL: DTW

As Mike (QSL) mentioned in this thread, it's definitely WCM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...tm.htm#9672767

With the scrapes all over the bottom of the frame in the picture you posted above, it might not hurt to mention that on your eBay listing, unless it's been fully restored since that picture was taken. You say it's fully restored in your listing, but some guys might expect that means that it's as good as it was when manufactured. You wouldn't want it to sell at >$1000 only to find the guy won't pay.

Regards
DW
GADAY Guys
Mate Im a Collector of the OLDER WCM Sprinters and I have been watching your Auction this time around ,
Now i know If i was curently bidding on a RESTORED car I would expect the car to be in as was delivered By Rickfrom the WCMfactory if not Better .
And if the car that arived was to look like the yellow 22 car in the picks above i wouldnt be impressed at all to say the least .
You cant list a item as restored with the amount of damage to the chassie that this car has
1* All the scrub out Scratches on the bottom rail .
2* the scratches to the motor case .
3* THE BENT CHASSIE Tube as per your pick bellow.
For $1100 US plus it would want to be smick .
Just my 2 cents worth .Brad

Old 03-23-2012, 08:07 PM
ozzyhillbilly

Gaday Guys
Here one i sold not long ago for less thanthe $$Auction's upto and she had never fired a shot and was brand new 1988 Version.
Im sorry to say Ithink you willend up with a claim against youmy freind .
Brad

Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
eddieC

Thanx for the help on the ID.

The chassis pic is old, the frame scratches have been touched up and the header repaired. I'm not sure on the 'bent chassis tube'? The 'bow' from front to rear is lens parallax I think from my cellphone, the frame is all straight, true and square, tubing is all round.

As for the price, I don't control the bay or market, and have seen some hobby items go for 3X what others have. It just takes some bidders running the price up against each other, or sniping. I do appreciate the honest assessment, guys, since there are few to judge by.