Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Essentials upgrades for Baja 5b SS ?!?!

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Essentials upgrades for Baja 5b SS ?!?!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Paron34
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Essentials upgrades for Baja 5b SS ?!?!

Ok just finishing up my SS build have a nice Radiopost radio a Killer Bee kill switch and a Team Fast Eddy pipe brace what other essentials do I need to make this kit complete ?just for back yard fun and the "HOLY **** what is that" from people I know.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Essentials upgrades for Baja 5b SS ?!?!

Rx / Tx. Reciver batteryand a throttle / brake servo is all that needed if i rember right also a nice filter over the pull start does help keep crap out of the engine and cooling head.
these things suck up crap like a vacume cleaner.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Paron34
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any nice recommended air and pull start covers?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the air cleaner i left mine stock ive run through a ton of nasty stuff and even in a lot of really fine dirt. Stuff that kicks up easy and hangs in the air and i have never had the stock filter set up fail so ive seen no need to change it.

as for the pull start filter if you go to wal mart they have a filter materal used for the out side of window AC units. its gray and comes in a bag and is normally 3 or 4 bucks it works perfect The holes are small enough to trap most grass and dirt but plenty big to let lots of air through and you get a 3 foot by 3 foot section in every bag. That will make a ton of filters and you can easily cut it to make it fit perfectly and look really nice.