Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Lauterbacher Super Sprint LS3-STOLEN

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Lauterbacher Super Sprint LS3-STOLEN

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM
noyb98098
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lauterbacher Super Sprint LS3-STOLEN

All -

I had recently dropped my car off to my local hobby shop to make some body modifications and pick up some new servo's. The guy who worked on all my cars worked on this one as well, apparently he took it home and it was stolen out of his car. Please dont ask me why he left it in his car as I'm still trying to figure that part out myself, a police report has been filed and they active searching for the car to see if it turns up on ebay, pawn shop, craigs list etc. The car is missing key parts to make it work, therefore whoever stole it wont have too many places to go to purchase them as I'm in touch with all suppliers that could get the parts state side as well as int'l. If anyone is contacted or has seen this car, please PM me immediately.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lauterbacher Super Sprint LS3-STOLEN

I hope your local hobbyshop is replacing it to the T
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
blackrain

Thats a beautiful car I love the rims i would give them a month to find it if not hobby shop will need to replace it
Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
EuroXS4

that's a total bummer,The hobby shop should replace it without question.But why would a employee take the car home to work on it??Sounds shady to me!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM
tapkoote

I smell some tomfoolery
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
noyb98098

According to him the reason was, "it's easier for me to work on there since there are no customers to disturb me".
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM
speedypetey61

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: noyb98098

According to him the reason was, ''it's easier for me to work on there since there are no customers to disturb me''.

For some reason I think he just pulled a fast one, either way, as said above, 1 week and it's time for the replacement.
I think the hobby shop is as responsible as the ***** that took it home to replace this car, stay on them, cause the more time that goes by the less important sometimes it becomes " to them ".
Old 03-27-2012, 09:27 PM
noyb98098

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

According to him the reason was, ''it's easier for me to work on there since there are no customers to disturb me''.

For some reason I think he just pulled a fast one, either way, as said above, 1 week and it's time for the replacement.
I think the hobby shop is as responsible as the ***** that took it home to replace this car, stay on them, cause the more time that goes by the less important sometimes it becomes '' to them ''.

A week is absolutely right - lawyer has already been qued up and has given them till next Monday to cut a check.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 AM
hellya

They have a police report...and should carry insurance at work place that would cover this....file in small claims court... if they dont pay
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: tapkoote

I smell some tomfoolery
Yep, some striaght up monkey business!!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

I can see where he's coming from. I often work on other peoples' (friends/family) computers. It's much more relaxing to just take their tower home with me and work on it in the comfort of my own home where I have the necessary tools right at my fingertips. Plus, sometimes running various programs can take anywhere from 10min to 2 hours (depending on what's being run, how old the computer is, etc.). It's much easier to just watch TV at my house while it's running than to sit around at the customer's house waiting for it to finish while the customer checks in on you every 10 mins and gives you the, "why are you just sitting there?" look.

I'm not saying that he didn't pull some monkey business, I'm just saying that the concept of taking your work home with you is not too farfetched.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:50 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Taking your work home is one thing but leaving it in your car...aw, come on!![&:]
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Taking your work home is one thing but leaving it in your car...aw, come on!![&:]
I agree with that. Especially with something so valuable.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:51 AM
noyb98098

Looks like the LHS will be giving me the cash to replace the car (full retail value). Luckily the store has coverage for cases like mine... It's a bitter sweet moment but please continue to be on the look out for it, there are no identifying marks on the car to indicate the brand so unless the folks who stole it are into 1\5th they'll have to send pic's of it to somewhere to find out what it is, and if they do know what it is they'll need specific parts for it to run, Lauterbacher and all US stores that can import LB parts have been made aware of what parts are needed.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
blackrain

looking at that pic looks like you have slicks on one side of the car whats that setup for
Old 03-29-2012, 01:44 PM
noyb98098

ORIGINAL: blackrain

looking at that pic looks like you have slicks on one side of the car whats that setup for

Funny buzz asked the same thing.. Reason was I wanted to make sure both sets of tires had enough clearance with the body on so when I dropped it off he had what he needed to make it work.. Now I'm stuck with only 2 all new alloy rims and tires..
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Miami Jato

so glad there cutting you a check, I would be screaming about that.............