Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Mechanical brakes on my FG 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 AM
maherbeemer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical brakes on my FG 4WD

I want to install mechanical brakes on my FG 4WD; do I need the alloy uprights? or is it possible to install them on the stock plastic ones? anyone with expierance please give your feedback thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:02 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Mechanical brakes on my FG 4WD

Ive ran mechanical brakes on plastic carrier before but just make sure the brakes arent too grabby. If your FG is really fast and you tend to run on pavement, when you lock the wheels, it'll want to pull the screws thru the plastic but it should be fine for offroading.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 AM
maherbeemer

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

Ive ran mechanical brakes on plastic carrier before but just make sure the brakes arent too grabby. If your FG is really fast and you tend to run on pavement, when you lock the wheels, it'll want to pull the screws thru the plastic but it should be fine for offroading.

Thanks for the feedback; can you show me a pic? Just to clarify.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 AM
mike_humphreys

I would be tempted to run them on the plastic hubs untill they break and then swap for alloy ones. An alloy servo saver will give you more efficient braking, they're very easy to make from a sheet of 3mm alloy if you have a jigsaw, drill & bits, taps and some basic engineering skills.