Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.
View Poll Results: A poll
we want beadlock MT tires now
70.00%
there are enough MT tire options
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

MT tires or lack thereof!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT tires or lack thereof!

Anyone noticed the lack of choice for MT tires?
I'm wondering why people like hostile,rc4wd and proline don't make beadlock MT tires with the 24mm hex..it's not as if not as if there are only a few MT's out there and there are adapters to fit everything with a 24mm hex. MT size MX's, slicks, paddles etc(my ulterior motive for this post) are what i'd like to see.
I reckon it's time for these guys to start working on some MT tires, what you think?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: MT tires or lack thereof!

I've never really thought about it, but now that you bring it up, that's a good point. I wouldn't mind seeing hostile and others make MT tires.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 PM
bentley marshall

mcd v4 mt have a beadlock wheel with 24mm hex

they are about the only ones i think

maybe nutech will bring out a v3 mt with hex wheels like the tb3
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
mooman007uk

Unfortunately MCD are stupidly priced, fg are tractor tires, glued and no good for tracks (and heavy as lead too) nutech foams are rubbish and migrate to one spot, smartech have better foams it seems but are still glued, yuckon are way too big/heavy and glued, fs are old mcd tractor tires and that is it..oh and kaylee again too big and heavy.
not what i'd call a good choice
where are the aftermarket guys...why don't they have 5t high wheels (195-200mm) and width of fg/nutech.smartech wheels 110-120mm , with the tread patterns they make for the 5b/t
i want to see
MX's
badlands
at's
mini mx's
bowties
slicks
paddles
fg/elcon type cleats

MT's are the only rc's not catered for in the aftermarket with decent tires and choices...i think there is a big void waiting to be filled, the likes of hostile, rc4wd and proline have all the ingredients already so i'm lost as to why no one has bothered making MT tires and beadlocks